Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

Castagne

Surgery planned for tomorrow, as along as the swelling on his eye goes down

Suggesting he could actually still make it for the Final should Belgium get there

https://www.hln.be/rode-duivels/aangeslagen-castagne-neemt-afscheid-in-tubeke-dinsdag-operatie-aan-oogkas~a0fc8bfe/

Devastated Castagne says goodbye in Tubize, surgery on eye socket on Tuesday

On arrival in Tubize , the unfortunate Timothy Castagne said goodbye to his teammates at  the Red Devils . He was picked up by his girlfriend Camille Melon and was very shaken. The wingback dropped out of the game against Russia yesterday  after a fierce clash around the halfway line with Kuzyaev. The verdict was hard, a fracture of the arcade arch, the edge of the bone around the eye socket. He now has time at home to rest and have his eye decongested.

Castagne will undergo surgery on the eye socket in Antwerp next Tuesday to restore everything, provided that his eye is sufficiently deswollen. If not, the operation will be postponed. With a bit of luck, Castagne may still have a European Championship final (11 July).

Edited by moore_94

13 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Will he permanently wear one of those face masks? Get well timmy....

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Depends on the level of fracture, the success of the surgery and recovery. If it's shown to not be a weakness, then no he won't need one. 

Also might depend on how he feels, too. 

I think Cech chose to continue wearing one even though he didn't 'need' to once he fully recovered. 

• Like 1

On 14/06/2021 at 04:46, UniFox21 said:

Depends on the level of fracture, the success of the surgery and recovery. If it's shown to not be a weakness, then no he won't need one. 

insurers  will demand he wears one.

She...poor Timmy! Still feel bad watching that collision in the Euros. I know most of the time nothing serious happens but its just bad luck and freakish for him. Was mad at the russian player at the time. Belgium will go for and for him to not be a part of the team anymore is gutting. Well I hope Youre and Dennis stay fit moving forwards. Good luck to Timmy on his recovery.

Just now, cruzFOX said:

She...poor Timmy! Still feel bad watching that collision in the Euros. I know most of the time nothing serious happens but its just bad luck and freakish for him. Was mad at the russian player at the time. Belgium will go for and for him to not be a part of the team anymore is gutting. Well I hope Youre and Dennis stay fit moving forwards. Good luck to Timmy on his recovery.

Watching it live, I genuinely didn't think anything of the collision/challenge until we saw the swelling on his face 

Makes you wonder whether these kind of injuries make the player feel like pulling out of challenges during matches and what psychological help might be needed. 

Is he being ready before the season starts realistic?

Edited by UHDrive
Typo