Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

Castagne

6 minutes ago, KFS said:

What’s the type of recovery from that for a footballer like??

Ended Stig Inge Byornebye’s career. Others varies between weeks and months depends on the severity. Need a fully fit Riccy P and a new LB for start of season, Timmy won’t be available 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Cropwellfox said:

Ended Stig Inge Byornebye’s career. Others varies between weeks and months depends on the severity. Need a fully fit Riccy P and a new LB for start of season, Timmy won’t be available 

I just read up on Bjornabe and wiki suggested he came back from that but then had another freak injury about 6 months later where he almost had his foot amputated.

7 hours ago, Cropwellfox said:

FWIW, I actually had a similar (albeit lesser) injury during a casual game a few weeks back. Got the ball point-blank in the face and it skimmed my open eye. Was rather unpleasant and went more than a full day with no sight in my right eye, but within a fortnight it had fully recovered, though admittedly i'm still sensitive to excessive brightness in it even now.

Here's hoping Timothy's bash is similar, though clearly it's of greater magnitude if they need to operate. It's fookin' scary to lose your sight even temporarily, so I have my fingers crossed he's able to make a similar recovery. But my own experience after two days convinced i was going to be blind for life in my right eye at least gives me some hope he's got a decent chance of a positive outcome.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, KFS said:

What’s the type of recovery from that for a footballer like??

2- 4 months.  Suspect he will play in a Zoro Mask for a time. Get well soon Timmy.  Our injury curse continues.

• Like 1

At least he’ll be able to work on his fitness and be ready to play matches when his face has healed! Also at least it wasn’t the final!

Gutted Castange because he deserved to show his quality in the Euros

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Gutted for Timmy. That's our 4th major injury since February - after Justin, Barnes, Maddison. And that's on top of Ric's ACL last season. Really bad luck.:(

You sound like Kloppers:ph34r:

Ricardo,Ndidi,Justin,Soyuncu,Fofana,  Evans(niggling) Now Castagna....

Ojur  Bline & DM, seem cursed in the last 16 months.....

Thomas, Take care...

Such injury, it Not just injury recovery, But how long will he need to Grow his confidence back, going for high balls & headers....a Defenders major quality...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jmono84 said:

At least he’ll be able to work on his fitness and be ready to play matches when his face has healed! Also at least it wasn’t the final!

Gutted Castange because he deserved to show his quality in the Euros

Agreed he will probably be able to join in all of pre season barring any games or game like scenarios with contact which is major plus and wouldn't have been the case if he was out with a knee or something. 

• Like 1

Injuries starting early. Feel for Timmy, had one of those myself after a particularly eventful night out in Leicester, just outside The Bank. Broken rib into the bargain. 

Took me about 4 months to fully recover and play footie again - but that was me without the medical staff and expert care Timmy will get. I’d still imagine it’ll be a couple of months. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Well he can talk to De Bruyne about it. He seems about ready to play again after a similar injury

A broken leg can be six weeks out or six months out .......... it’s a different injury to KDB whilst affecting the same area. 

once the op has been done, there will be more news as to the timescale .....

• Like 3