Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

Castagne

6 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Yeh I find this thread strange as Castagne hasn't been up to his usual level, he's nowhere near our biggest issue right now. Ndidi, Soyuncu, Kasper and a few others have been way worse than Castagne. 

Agree with this. 

I believe people overrate him, however he’s most likely the most reliable part of our defence currently. He’s not our most pressing concern m.

2 hours ago, Will1981 said:

Felt sorry for him and Thomas today as neither Barnes or Lookman tracked their fullback so Castagne was up against Buendia and Young and Thomas was up against Ramsey and Cash.

We are playing with an inferior RW in a formation to accomadate Barnes and are being exposed down the wings as neither of them track back.

Best comment I've seen today.

3 hours ago, KFS said:

Watched Grimmy Castagne with a keen eye today trying to pinpoint what’s going on in defence. The lad is horrid under the ball, passing inside every chance he gets and over hitting crosses when he does get room. Where’s the swashbuckling top assist player who burst onto the scene? ****ing shit today.

Yeah sounds like you were really ready to give him a fair analysis 😂

Let's get Bertrand in then you can see what a real shithouse Full back looks like.

Just now, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Has he? Always struck me as always reasonably solid 

Seems to get caught on the ball a fair bit recently, don't think he did yesterday but obviously had the pass back moment instead

Probably could do with a bit of a break

22 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Has he? Always struck me as always reasonably solid 

21 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Seems to get caught on the ball a fair bit recently, don't think he did yesterday but obviously had the pass back moment instead

He makes a strange defensive header in many games ..... its like he gets bored so decides to make things exciting !

I don't think there's an error each game but he seems to lack a bit of focus recently. Majority of the game is fine but almost like there's a lapse in concentration (brainfarts) potentially that could happen any given game and have serious consequences. 

2 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Really rate the guy, but he really needs a break, and understandably so... He missed out on any sort of preseason after his operation, but since coming back has barely had a match off, including playing international matches. 

Kasper, Evans, Soyuncu, Wilf could all do with a break too I'd say... problem is we don't have the depth to allow them to do that...

Really like him and is a very good dependable full back, generally is very good defensively and has great fitness getting up and down all game, giving us good width.

The only area he needs to improve is his final ball. Gets into some really good positions, often finds himself behind the opposition defence but then will invariably under or over hit the cross. Just needs to develop that quality when in good positions 

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

The most physically demanding position on the pitch with the range he has to have. Matches every 2 /3 days and no one to replace him. And we wonder why the fatigue and the injuries. After the grind of last season theres a limit to how much farther players can be pushed.

5 hours ago, rachhere said:

Really rate the guy, but he really needs a break, and understandably so... He missed out on any sort of preseason after his operation, but since coming back has barely had a match off, including playing international matches. 

Allied to which playing in a defence that had its 1st clean sheet yesterday since matchday 1.  Must be like the London Blitz in that back line in the last 3-4 months.

• 3 weeks later...