Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

Castagne

23 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

We’re a few weeks behind you city boys out here in the wilds ….  

That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it !!

:whistle:

I can’t believe we’ve just won League 1. Well done to Pearson and all the lads. 

And they say the internet is slow in Wales. Yeah mate. We’re on it. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Hanging out with the national team serves no purpose at this stage.

If you were to give me a choice of holiday right now it would most likely be following England through the Euros. Think it's very likely he'll want to be there as much as anywhere. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Why would he be staying at the basecamp in Tubize? If there are "recovery" needs, the club should be looking after him. Better yet, he should be on vacation. Hanging out with the national team serves no purpose at this stage.

They may be thinking about winning the trophy - big chances imo - and want him to stay around in case that happens so he could be able to celebrate with the national squad

4 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Why would he be staying at the basecamp in Tubize? If there are "recovery" needs, the club should be looking after him. Better yet, he should be on vacation. Hanging out with the national team serves no purpose at this stage.

Probably just wants to be part of it to be honest. Might be worse for him missing out on all the banter, and if he went home now while they won it he’d never live it down.

3 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Camaraderie with his teammates. Belgium possibly winning the Euros.

1 minute ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Okay, I admit my interests are more about him being fit for next season. If he selfishly wants to celebrate his nation's possible greatest triumph with his teammates, well, I think he should think about my wants and needs a bit more.

He'll be recovering too, don't get the problem really

1 hour ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Probably that's exactly where he wants to be if he can't play, with a bunch of mates cheering them on at a Euros competition. He'd probably find that more of a vacation than laying on a beach somewhere, I know I would. 

46 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

He looks really good. I assumed there would still be swelling and bruising.

Same. 

I wonder if they've kept him around in the likelihood he may be able to play if they go through to the final? 

• Like 2

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-injury-boost-timothy-5594039?fbclid=IwAR1ln2K-8EDVg4ajZxYTRE306RcRUaEYpUodZJp_Xc7q35NDZdeVBGgSwpw

Leicester City injury boost as Timothy Castagne rejoins Belgium squad
The full-back had a six-hour operation on a fractured eye socket this month after he was involved in a heavy collision in Belgium's European Championships opener

ByJordan Blackwell
15:59, 30 JUN 2021UPDATED16:18, 30 JUN 2021

Leicester City full-back Timothy Castagne has returned to the Belgium camp to cheer on his international team-mates as he continues his recovery.

Castagne suffered a multiple fracture of his eye socket after a heavy collision just 25 minutes into Belgium’s European Championships opener with Russia, and had to undergo a six-hour operation.

He has now left hospital and has rejoined the Belgium squad at their base camp in Tubize, the number-one-ranked nation preparing for a quarter-final against Italy on Friday night.

Castagne is not expected to feature in the remainder of the competition, and has only rejoined his team-mates, including City colleagues Youri Tielemans and Dennis Praet, to continue his rehabilitation by their side. Reports from Belgium say he will stick to walking, cycling and physio, with no ball work for the time being.

Although he is not expected to play again this tournament, his quick recovery so far will be a boost to City, who were understood to be hopeful of him featuring in pre-season, which begins on July 12, so that he is in contention for when the Premier League campaign kicks off against Wolves on August 14.

The club have four matches before lining up at the King Power Stadium, travelling to Burton, Wycombe, and QPR before playing Manchester City in the Community Shield at Wembley.

Castagne was set to be a regular presence in the right-wing-back slot for Belgium over the course of the tournament, and so his team-mates and manager were gutted for him to miss out.

Manager Roberto Martinez even said it was the only downside to the country's group stage, in which they won all three games.

When Castagne rejoined the squad on Wednesday, he was welcomed back with open arms.

"We gave him a round of applause," said Tielemans at a press conference. "He was already trying to joke. He always tries to be funny.

"It doesn't happen that often that you drop out with an injury like that. It was bad luck for him that happened in the first game.

"It will be difficult for him to playing at this European Championships but it's good that he's with us."

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

He looks really good. I assumed there would still be swelling and bruising.

Yes, he looks great. I doubt he'll play unless really necessary as any further injury to the area could be career ending. 

I hope he wear a Mask for added protection going forward for his own benefit.

• Like 1