Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

Castagne

3 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

With the excitement of the Vardy goal I'd forgotten that Wan-Bisakka had taken Castagne out at knee height in one of those runs down the wing. Lucky for the Man Utd player it was only a yellow. 

We were yelling "Referee....Referee.....Come On Ref you can't let.....(Goal)...Good refereeing, well done ref, great decision to play on, brilliant ref".

Watched it back last night and the reckless / out of control rule that saw Perez get a red at West Ham, if consistently applied should be red here as well.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Ive said for ages how good he is . even at LB. This season hes only played there for 30 mins vs Brighton in the 2nd half(after Betrand had just given away a stupid free kick to make it 2-). Argubly the best we performed all season was at 2-0 down vs Brighton and were robbed of at least a draw.

Not saying he was the clear and only reason but it is CLEAR that he is our best full back, with respect to the fact that Ricardo doesn't look to be getting back to where he was and Justin not yet seen.

Its no coincidence we were at our best, both the 2nd half vs Brighton and vs Man Utd.

He also dealt much better with Zaha than Betrand did the other side despite having the harder threat and was also the biggest reason we won yesterday after bottling it at 2-2 by that fantastic athletism and ball control to out do Wan Bassaka for the winner. Betrand or Thomas couldnt dream of ever doing that.

The guy is so underrated, 1 of the first names on the team sheet for me. At RB when Justin is back at LB and at LB with Ricardo at RB until then. 

You giving up on Riccy that quick ? He’s already got two assists this year. Definitely has his engine back to get up and down the pitch. 

Castagne ,Pereira and Justin are all highly capable attackers and to me should be mainly used as wing backs. I always thought that was Chilwell's best position. He is proving to be a dangerous player for Chelsea. They all can play with more freedom with three CBs behind them. At the moment it is Bertrand and Thomas ,who are principally defenders who don't quite fit . I really think that three at the back works best for us and the use of one isolated striker is over. This could mean a change of roles for Barnes who will need to operate more centrally.

26 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Don't think I've seen him have a bad game you know? Maybe, I'm just fooling myself. 

Yes check over the player ratings threads 

mostly 6s this season in the league from Sub starts.

Some poorer ratings at the end of last season like 4.3 in the home defeat against Newcastle 

15 hours ago, Stadt said:

He's one of our most consistent players. I'd say he's the best one-on-one defender at the club.

JJ for me. But I do love this guy. Reliable is a word that fails to do him justice..

Just as an aside, I saw Schmeichel lose his temper at him on Saturday for not hugging the touchline and a pass to him sailed over his head. I like players dishing it out but like players even more who can take it. 

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

Yes check over the player ratings threads 

mostly 6s this season in the league from Sub starts.

Some poorer ratings at the end of last season like 4.3 in the home defeat against Newcastle 

That mark against Newcastle reflected the fact that he was asked at the last minute, after Evans withdrew with an injury in the warm up,  to play in an unfamiliar position as a RCB and struggled doing it. 

More generally, I do think his form tailed off at the end of last season even when he played at full back. He was never quite the same after being out injured for a spell in the middle of the season. His form over the past few weeks, though, has been excellent and much more like what we saw from him in the first half of last season. 

9 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

JJ for me. But I do love this guy. Reliable is a word that fails to do him justice..

Just as an aside, I saw Schmeichel lose his temper at him on Saturday for not hugging the touchline and a pass to him sailed over his head. I like players dishing it out but like players even more who can take it. 

Justin is good 1v1 but he's pace bails him out, Castagne's footwork and position make it really difficult to get by him.

One thing I've not Castage is quite unlucky with is how often he gets absolutely clattered, I think it's because he's quit brave but he ends up in a heap so often lol 

• Like 1

Saturday was our best available starting 11

With 10 defenders in the squad a back 3/5 is inevitable.

Castagne, JJ, Thomas and to a lesser extent Bertrand are our best wingbacks/ defensive wingers.

Barnes needs to develop the defensive side of his game and possibly look to play more as an attacking no 10 or be a part player against tired defenders 

Haven’t seen enough of Lookman yet

10 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

You giving up on Riccy that quick ? He’s already got two assists this year. Definitely has his engine back to get up and down the pitch. 

Not giving up on him. Love the guy and has done ok. But honestly, I don’t think he’ll ever be the flying world class full back he was 18/19-19/20. Just being realistic.

Castange is fantastic imo. Solid 7/10 nearly every game and has a 9/10 in him occasionally too.

If Justin comes back how he was, then Ricky is 3rd choice for me now.

Saying that all 3 are brilliant full backs and we are very lucky to have them all.

Watching Betrand makes you realise how far we’ve come to watch talent like these 3 mentioned above.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Not giving up on him. Love the guy and has done ok. But honestly, I don’t think he’ll ever be the flying world class full back he was 18/19-19/20. Just being realistic.

Castange is fantastic imo. Solid 7/10 nearly every game and has a 9/10 in him occasionally too.

Saying that all 3 are brilliant full backs and we are very lucky to have them all.

Watching Betrand makes you realise how far we’ve come to watch talent like these 3 mentioned above.

Really? 

1 hour ago, deanolegend1989 said:

You’re basing that on nothing, ACL injuries often take over a year for the player to be back to their previous level and Ricardo is already getting back there

20 hours ago, Jimmy said:

You’re basing that on nothing, ACL injuries often take over a year for the player to be back to their previous level and Ricardo is already getting back there

I really hope so but he doesn’t look to run with the same rawness. Time will tell.

regardless my point remains, Castange has looked outstanding recently and is above him in the pecking order I think now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

I really hope so but he doesn’t look to run with the same rawness. Time will tell.

regardless my point remains, Castange has looked outstanding recently and is above him in the pecking order I think now.

well he isn't when both have been fit this season Ricardo has been first choice with the latter starting a couple of games when Ricardo performed badly you are making the facts fit your opinion rather then using the facts to form an opinion