Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

Castagne

• 4 weeks later...

Could be rubbish, but apparently Inter and Juventus are looking at Castagne

https://www.juventusnews24.com/ultime-mercato-juve-inter-castagne-atalanta-leicester/

Juve and Inter are looking to the Premier League: the former Atalanta Castagne, now at Leicester, are in the sights of the two Italian big names

There could be a market duel between Inter and Juventus for Timothy Castagne , former side of Atalanta now at Leicester City .

According to Sport Mediaset , the two big Serie A players want to strengthen themselves on the outside and are thinking of the Belgian national team. Inter would like to sink the blow next summer, while Juve would try to anticipate the Nerazzurri by aiming to play for the January window. 

Edited by moore_94

2 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

He’s not someone I’m actually too fussed about, providing we get Ricardo fit + new contract and the same regarding James Justin then he’s probably not needed? Maybe even funds a move for Gosens 

James Justin is 100% needed. When fit he's our starting left back. Justin is phenomenal. 

30 minutes ago, Koke said:

James Justin is 100% needed. When fit he's our starting left back. Justin is phenomenal. 

I think he means we get JJ fit and signed onto a new contract (as per Ricci), rather than JJ not being needed. I hope so anyway…

Edited by adam95581
Update

43 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

He’s not someone I’m actually too fussed about, providing we get Ricardo fit + new contract and the same regarding James Justin then he’s probably not needed? Maybe even funds a move for Gosens 

Unfortunately I don’t think Ricardo intends to sign a new contract - it would surely have been sorted by now if he were.

I am a big fan of Timothy and would be sad to see him go.  

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Unfortunately I don’t think Ricardo intends to sign a new contract - it would surely have been sorted by now if he were.

Ricardo is a sensational player so I'm holding out hope that due to his recent injury it may be enough to stop someone feasible coming in for him.

18 minutes ago, rachhere said:

18 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Timmy is amongst the best full backs in the league. If he was left footed, he’d be THE best.

11 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

This thread is stressing me out. We can’t lose youri, timmy and Ricardo all in on window. 

We’re going to end up with a full Southampton back line 

I do think next summer will see more than 1 go as we've Tielemans, Ricardo and Soyuncu with less than 2 years on their deals. Ndidi and Iheanacho we'll be mindful of as well. A poor season for us and some disillusion and we may be looking at a swift transition, it can happen quickly at clubs.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I do think next summer will see more than 1 go as we've Tielemans, Ricardo and Soyuncu with less than 2 years on their deals. Ndidi and Iheanacho we'll be mindful of as well. A poor season for us and some disillusion and we may be looking at a swift transition, it can happen quickly at clubs.

.. but we would only release one or possibly two and have a suitable replacement come in!!!

We can weather such situations, we are at present scouting well.

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

I really like Castagne, he's arguably the 4th best RB in the league, but when JJ is fit we'll have 5 fullbacks good enough to start - if they come in with a £30m+ bid we'd sell surely?

I disagree with this. Ricardo is our best RB, Justin is our best option at LB which imo makes Castagne our second best fullback on both the left and right side.

I mean, he definitely offers something different too. Very versatile and makes our back line more flexible - I definitely would be open to seeing Castagne drop in at RB and Ricardo go onto the wing at some point.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc

34 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

I disagree with this. Ricardo is our best RB, Justin is our best option at LB which imo makes Castagne our second best fullback on both the left and right side.

I mean, he definitely offers something different too. Very versatile and makes our back line more flexible - I definitely would be open to seeing Castagne drop in at RB and Ricardo go onto the wing at some point.

Full back, maybe. If we go to wing backs though, he’s much better I think and might edge JJ. It would be a shame to lose him. Agree, when Ricky is on it, he’s sublime 

11 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Full back, maybe. If we go to wing backs though, he’s much better I think and might edge JJ. It would be a shame to lose him. Agree, when Ricky is on it, he’s sublime 

Yeah Ricardo is world class when he’s on it. I just think Castagne offers something different and has very few weaknesses in his game. The only issue is the fact that he is very injury prone, however, if Juventus / Milan snapped him for around £30m then I think that would be very good business from them.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc