Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

The Boss

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

I still remember the outpouring of grief but also love and sympathy from all over the world. Fans of other UK clubs, European clubs and beyond. It was staggering. That will forever be appreciated. 

It might not have been appreciated as much back then but it definitely is now as it did help get us through the most difficult time. The club handled it with so much dignity in such tragic circumstances. 

Especially Top. Stepping in to his father's shoes like he did. An unenviable task and he will always have our support too. We owe a lot to the Srivaddhanaprabha family. 

Screenshot_20201027_075717_com.instagram.android_1.thumb.jpg.639ae1cb73d6275cd65879bd1da2868e.jpg

One thing I still can't get over is the sheer ****ing size of this tribute. Never seen anything like it. Flowers, flags, shirts, scarves, memorabilia of all sorts, from all over the ****ing world. And it was so quiet and peaceful there. I went quite a few times just to soak it up.

Was with someone who I watched the game with afterwards, and pointed out the owner's helicopter to him.

When I returned home, couldn't believe it when I turned the television on to report live on this disaster and receiving numerous text messages..:(

Just sat on the sofa feeling stunned and thinking is this real life?

Undoubtedly the worst day in the history of our club.....The days weeks and months that followed showed everything that is great about our club ....the respectful dignified way everyone from the top of the club to the bottom behaved was incredible and makes me so proud to be associated with this family.....RIP Vichai .😢😢

Watched the west ham game on TV was already feeling bad after seeing big Dan's shocking injury but what came next was horrendous. Was cooking dinner when i got a text from a friend saying there had been a helicopter crash near the stadium and thought it wa a wind up as there had been something similar doing the rounds about a crash at the highcross a little while before. Turned the news on and realised that it was for real. The scenes were harrowing and you just knew that nobody was getting out that. 

An absolute tragedy, five people losing their lives, but even before there were any official statements, the outpouring of support from all corners was immense. The pictures of the tributes building up outside the stadium brought a tear to my eye. 

Couldn't go to the Burnley game but joined in the walk and went to see the tributes. The way the club (and the response from the worldwide footballing community) came together and handled it was tremendous.

Lets hope nothing like this ever happens again here or elsewhere.

56 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

One thing I still can't get over is the sheer ****ing size of this tribute. Never seen anything like it. Flowers, flags, shirts, scarves, memorabilia of all sorts, from all over the ****ing world. And it was so quiet and peaceful there. I went quite a few times just to soak it up.

It was a great touch having them placed all the way around the pitch. All the non City shirts too :appl:

Can't believe it's 2 years ago, feels like it happened only a matter of mere months ago.

Can you think of any foreign owners as universally loved by the fanbase as the Srivaddhanaprabhas?

Vichai himself, never had the pleasure of meeting him but it is clear seeing any video footage or pictures that he exuded warmth and charisma and was the sort of person who just drew others to him. He would succeed no doubt at whatever he turned his hand to.

He has left a legacy at this club and established us as one of England's big hitters. RIP Khun Vichai 

Latest Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha News, Photos, Latest News Headlines about  Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha - Sportstar :worship:

Guest Markyblue

He literally gave us everything, hope he knew we loved him.went to sign the memorial book and there were 2 Barcelona fans in front of me , enough said.