Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

13 minutes ago, AS1413 said:

Do you think its all good then being a 'Top Club' whom are challenging for champions league football, and are currently competing in the Europa league, to only have one striker, who's 34, with only one recognised alternative who wouldn't even cut it in the second league of Scottish football?

Our lack of depth in attack is embarrassing when compared against the clubs ambitions. 

Really !!  There is something embarrassing here but I don't feel it's our lack of depth.

11 minutes ago, AS1413 said:

Firstly,  I'm not Jesus.  

Secondly, It's not anything to do with one bad game, this has been a problem for years. 

For years? Yeah really struggled to score goals for years. 2 of the highest scoring midfielders in the league but yeah its been a problem for years!

Look at the bigger picture. The money isn't there to risk a signing. Big clubs aren't going to loan us players as it could back fire on them. With Covid and Brexit it's made bringing in players from abroad pretty much impossible. 

• Like 2

5 key players out injured currently.

2 for longer than a month potentially 3 depending on Castagne.

No incoming transfers is poor business from the club.

Ground hog day of last season incoming the poor form will drop.

Going by the way this season is going we could end up 10th in no time. 

I suppose we can all hope for the best thou but another window we have absolutely failed in 

Edited by Fox85
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Fox85 said:

5 key players put injured currently.

2 for longer than a month potentially 3 depending on Castagne.

No incoming transfers is poor business from the club.

Ground hog day of last season incoming the poor form will drop.

Going by the way this season is going we could end up 10th in no time. 

I suppose we can all hope for the best thou but another window we have absolutely failed in 

Before yesterday we had 1 injury long term. 

2 short term. 

3 picked up yesterday. 

We are a solid football club but I don't think we own a crystal ball... 

4 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Before yesterday we had 1 injury long term. 

2 short term. 

3 picked up yesterday. 

We are a solid football club but I don't think we own a crystal ball... 

It was quite clear we required 1 or maybe 2 new players in from the 1st of January.

To get us through the season with the amount of games with Europe Cup aswell.

The recruiting team have dragged their heels and ****ed us. Plenty of good players signed for other teams while we have sat back and tried to sign Chalobah absolute shambles.

As for your crystal ball method the manager needs to take in account for future injuries and also the run of games and force transfers/Loans.

Hopefully we have been smart and we continue to do well but I can see the same as last season happening 

Edited by Fox85

29 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I said before our main issue is our league position. No one wants to do business with us who we'd normally be able to get a loan deal in from.

No chance the likes of Liverpool and Arsenal were ever sending us anyone 

Exactly, we aren't going to be strengthened by teams around us.

It's a setback of doing well and means we have to look elsewhere, unfortunately.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fox85 said:

It was quite clear we required 1 or maybe 2 new players in from the 1st of January.

To get us through the season with the amount of games with Europe Cup aswell.

The recruiting team have dragged their heels and ****ed us. Plenty of good players signed for other teams while we have sat back and tried to sign Chalobah absolute shambles.

As for your crystal ball method the manager needs to take in account for future injuries and also the run of games and force transfers/Loans.

Hopefully we have been smart and we continue to do well but I can see the same as last season happening 

Which premier league teams in the top half have signed players thats improved their squad? 1 or 2 maybe? 

You're missing the point and to spell it out we obviously don't have the money to risk it and pay over the odds in probably the toughest transfer window ever. 

6 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

I swear if we had have won yesterday 75% of these posts wouldn't be in here. 

It showed the rest of the league that without Vardy and Wilf were easily beatable something we will more than likely see again on Wednesday.  

3 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

The game did highlight a lack of options up front though 

One game means nothing in football. You need to look at the bigger picture. When you do you will realise we are doing amazingly, are ambitious and are threatening to do something every club bar 6 in the country can only dream of doing. I really struggle to engage on this place after a defeat as it's always seems to be treated like the end of the world. 

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

The game did highlight a lack of options up front though 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Even if that were true, yesterday and last week showed how mediocre we are at getting results when we miss key players. The frustration is that 2 years running we are top 3 at the half way stage and in the knockout stages of Europe, plus got a chance to go far in the FA Cup and yet we fail to strengthen our squad and alleviate the burden.

Totally agree with both it is obvious that we are short upfront and it's rammed down your throat every 5 Mins by commentators that Vardy isn't playing. 

It's just not an easy market to be buying in. If a team like Liverpo with the pulling power, financial resource the sheer desperation they have shown to try and get cover for their defense which they have need all month as well. 

I'm sure we won't be having this sort of conversations on deadline day in the summer. 

• Like 1