Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

3 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

I’ll say it again, one last time. Malen is the striker we need. He is the heir to Jamie’s throne. Bust a nut and get the guy. We wouldn’t regret it. 

Oh and id also try and sign Matondo. Lad will be utter mustard. 

Like AZ last season, PSV have 4 or 5 players I'd love here.

Gakpo

Malen

Madueke

Ihatteran 

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

I’ll say it again, one last time. Malen is the striker we need. He is the heir to Jamie’s throne. Bust a nut and get the guy. We wouldn’t regret it. 

Oh and id also try and sign Matondo. Lad will be utter mustard. 

This! He's bloody rapid and looks the business 

On 21/12/2020 at 07:58, NaijaFox said:

I am personally happy with Luke Thomas as a backup (knowing that we have Castagne and Justin as well).

However, it's unlikely Zinchenko would be expensive, given that he only cost Man City 1.7 million quid, is on 20/wk wages and hardly plays.

17 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

He plays his fair share of games given he's a bit of a utility player and has been linked with clubs like Napoli etc recently. He'd cost a fair wedge in terms of transfer fee and wages, Man city ain't going to let anyone go who is young and plays semi regularly for them for less than £20m which is very expensive for someone who will be back-up.

He does not.

He has played a grand total of TWELVE MINUTES (1 appearance) in the PL this season (made bench only 5x), and ZERO MINUTES in the cups.

Again, with the premise that I am personally happy with Thomas (albeit Zinchenko is more versatile).

Zinchenko's current wages are 20K/wk, so even with a raise should still be reasonable. Meanwhile, being "linked" with clubs (including us) is just that.

Edited by NaijaFox

16 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Not a chance. Signed a new deal 18 months ago until 2024; off the back of a season in which he made 29 apps in all comps and they won a domestic treble.

Will be more like 60kpw at least

Obviously, not personally privy to his contract details, but every single source from AFTER his new contract (signed in June 2019) lists 20K/wk.

Here are a few of such many publicly-available information:

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/manchester-city-weekly-wages-first-team-stars-revealed-premier-league-2019-20

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/manchester-city-fc/payroll/

https://sillyseason.com/football/manchester-city-players-salaries-69071/

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1202098/Manchester-City-news-Sergio-Aguero-Raheem-Sterling-Liverpool-Pep-Guardiola-Kevin-De-Bruyne

16 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

We have been watching Lewis Montsma at Lincoln apparently. 

They picked him up on a free and only 22 so not sure if he would go with the academy or be closer to the first team.  Ill be honest I don't know much about him. Joe Worrall is still one we are keeping tabs on as well. 

...just watched him on Youtube....he is not an U23s player, far too good!!!

Has great composure, it seems his biggest asset, good range of passing, reads the game well a touch of the Ndidis and intelligent on the ball. He looks like the players we have in our team at the moment and with the problems we had at the back, it appeared as he could have coped at Premiership level.

Just got a feeling that we will definitely be bringing him in.

39 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

We have been watching Lewis Montsma at Lincoln apparently. 

They picked him up on a free and only 22 so not sure if he would go with the academy or be closer to the first team.  Ill be honest I don't know much about him. Joe Worrall is still one we are keeping tabs on as well. 

Cheers Fin! So definitely after another CB then. Interesting.

Appleton is Head Coach at Lincoln too I see.

Norwich's Emi Buendia seems to be interest to quiet afew Premier League Clubs. Arsenal, Everton, Leeds and Tottenham all interested in him. He's been brilliant for the canaries this season, playing as a attacking midfielder and winger with an astonishing pass rate. The Argentinian is only 23 and some are saying he's the next Kevin de Bruyne. Any thoughts on him?

TARKOWSKI ATTRACTING PLENTY OF INTEREST

There are plenty of clubs looking shaky in defence this season and Burnley defender James Tarkowski is beginning to emerge as an interesting player that could be on the move in January.

He is not entertaining talks over a renewed contract at Turf Moor at the moment and with 18 months remaining on the current deal, other clubs are paying close attention.

Tarkowski, 28, is already of interest to West Ham and Leicester City but it is felt there are a couple of other top-half clubs also keen. 

He would be a huge loss to Burnley as they battle against relegation but there is some hope around the place that a club takeover might yet give them fresh hope of agreeing terms.

In the situations they're in, both Burnley and Norwich would be absolute mugs to get rid of Tarkowski or Buendia in the January window even for an inflated fee. Whatever the fees, they wouldn't be anywhere equivalent to a year's Premiership finance and all that comes with it. Can't see either happening until the summer. 

Edited by volpeazzurro

If we had Evans, Fofanana, Soyunco and Tarkowski to choose from at CB that would be some strength in depth but could we keep them all happy?

We could get shut of Benkovic and we'd also have four amazing option at full back in Ric, Thomas, Justin and Tim...

That's a hell of a defensive squad.

Add a forward to that squad as a priority - especially one who can play wide either side of a front three and we are really growing into some force.

I guess we need an extra body as a sub for Tielemans but we are on the cusp of having two players for each position, and each of the second choices not being absolutely shit which has been pretty much the case for the thirty or so years I've been supporting the football club.

Really exciting times.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Nick said:

If we had Evans, Fofanana, Soyunco and Tarkowski to choose from at CB that would be some strength in depth but could we keep them all happy?

We could get shut of Benkovic and we'd also have four amazing option at full back in Ric, Thomas, Justin and Tim...

Add a forward to that squad as a priority - especially one who can play wide either side of a front three and we are really growing into some force.

I guess we need an extra body as a sub for Tielemans but we are on the cusp of having two players for each position, and each of the second choices not being absolutely shit which has been pretty much the case for the thirty or so years I've been supporting the football club.

Really exciting times.

Awful post

Youve missed Big Dan!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nick said:

As what? lol

A quality third choice luxury utility player?

Edit: Genuine question - if we want two players for each position, can you (or anybody) tell me to which starting player Amartey is second choice to?

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Nick said:

Really exciting times.

Yes, we're starting to get some great cover now and indeed, I too think there's potential for more exciting times ahead. For what he'd cost though, I just don't think the investment in Tarkowski is worth it. 

Firstly, if we look at the amount of money we have spent over the last few seasons without selling first, you can see a rough annual budget, though I suspect Champions League football may potentially increase that. With that in mind, Tarkowski would represent poor value as we've a much more pressing need for another striker because if we lose Vardy, we're essentially down the pan for goals and without goals, there's no top ten finish let alone Europe. Even disregarding injury, Vardy, if we qualified for Champions League football could not do it on his own and our other options simply aren't anywhere near good enough.

Strikers/goalscorers are difficult to buy at the best of time and at a premium, everyone wants one and potentially they are likely to cost the most money. Therefore I don't see yet another centre half or other defender as being required. IF Evans signs a new contract, with Soyuncu, Fofana and Armarty we have enough to try and keep happy. If Benkovic doesn't make it here, what with his injury record, he's very unlikely to raise much revenue either.

17 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Yes, we're starting to get some great cover now and indeed, I too think there's potential for more exciting times ahead. For what he'd cost though, I just don't think the investment in Tarkowski is worth it. 

Firstly, if we look at the amount of money we have spent over the last few seasons without selling first, you can see a rough annual budget, though I suspect Champions League football may potentially increase that. With that in mind, Tarkowski would represent poor value as we've a much more pressing need for another striker because if we lose Vardy, we're essentially down the pan for goals and without goals, there's no top ten finish let alone Europe. Even disregarding injury, Vardy, if we qualified for Champions League football could not do it on his own and our other options simply aren't anywhere near good enough.

Strikers/goalscorers are difficult to buy at the best of time and at a premium, everyone wants one and potentially they are likely to cost the most money. Therefore I don't see yet another centre half or other defender as being required. IF Evans signs a new contract, with Soyuncu, Fofana and Armarty we have enough to try and keep happy. If Benkovic doesn't make it here, what with his injury record, he's very unlikely to raise much revenue either.

I quite agree, I was only responding to the article - I would welcome another addition, especially Tarkowski but not over buying a forward. That said, I'd want the 'right' forward not a wildcard January punt! I'd rather have a proven Tarkowski on a long term contract rather than a shot I the dark!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick said:

I quite agree, I was only responding to the article - I would welcome another addition, especially Tarkowski but not over buying a forward. That said, I'd want the 'right' forward not a wildcard January punt! I'd rather have a proven Tarkowski on a long term contract rather than a shot I the dark!

January for a number of reasons isn't the best time. Striker wise though I think we'll inevitably end up taking something of a punt because we have no option. The ready made proven striker is rare anyway but would invariably be out of our budget range and would have better options than Leicester City. The Premiership is littered with decent strikers from abroad who can't cut it here for whatever varying reasons like Falcao, Soldado and Forlan to quickly name 3. When we signed Iheanacho I thought that was a brilliant bit of business that ticked so many boxes and I suspect that I wasn't the only one. 

Up and comings that are prepared to play second fiddle to Vardy are also going to be hard to find, for the sake of their careers they need to be playing regularly. Jovic and Edouard are possibilities but Jovic is arguably already sitting on a more prestigious bench than ours and both would have to adapt. Jovic I see as having more going for him but would he be vaguely interested? Edouard is very unproven and could very easily be another Iheanacho. Strikers are a risky bunch. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Norwich's Emi Buendia seems to be interest to quiet afew Premier League Clubs. Arsenal, Everton, Leeds and Tottenham all interested in him. He's been brilliant for the canaries this season, playing as a attacking midfielder and winger with an astonishing pass rate. The Argentinian is only 23 and some are saying he's the next Kevin de Bruyne. Any thoughts on him?

Here very lazy, no skill and poor passing range. Leicester can do a lot better the Buendia. 

• Haha 3

Looks good to me. League One. Feels like a Justin(multi position) type signing and should be affordable. Dutch. Now or in the summer works for me.