Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

1 hour ago, SO1 said:

Looks good to me. League One. Feels like a Justin(multi position) type signing and should be affordable. Dutch. Now or in the summer works for me.

Looks very progressive, and exactly the sort of player we would go for.

9 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Norwich's Emi Buendia seems to be interest to quiet afew Premier League Clubs. Arsenal, Everton, Leeds and Tottenham all interested in him. He's been brilliant for the canaries this season, playing as a attacking midfielder and winger with an astonishing pass rate. The Argentinian is only 23 and some are saying he's the next Kevin de Bruyne. Any thoughts on him?

His passing stats are gaudy (as are his defensive stats, for a winger).  But at this level he did not show end product.  Played every game in his one PL season.  40 shots and only one goal.  :jawdrop:  Plus seven assists in 2500’.

We have mids who can pick a pass and fullbacks / wide players who can cross … would he fill a need?  Or just be more competition for Perez and Under?

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, KingsX said:

His passing stats are gaudy (as are his defensive stats, for a winger).  But at this level he did not show end product.  Played every game in his one PL season.  40 shots and only one goal.  :jawdrop:  Plus seven assists in 2500’.

We have mids who can pick a pass and fullbacks / wide players who can cross … would he fill a need?  Or just be more competition for Perez and Under?

For his first season in the Premier league thats a very good return playing in a shite Norwich side.

He is young and not fully developed but because he didn't hit the heights of Kevin DeBryne straight away you will completely write him off.

If you lot were scouts we would be ****ed 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I'm not sure if it's already discussed but Ivan Toney would be a great option for us imo.

...watched him on YouTube...!!!

Looks like an old fashioned Centre Forward, puts himself about and loves to get on the end of things.

Not a sophisticated player and I believe we have a player Batuhan Kor who we could introduce in January to be Vardy's successor.

28 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

For his first season in the Premier league thats a very good return playing in a shite Norwich side.

He is young and not fully developed but because he didn't hit the heights of Kevin DeBryne straight away you will completely write him off.

I ask if Buendia would fill a need … and suddenly I’ve “completely written him off” for “not being KdB”.  :rolleyes:

He’s too talented for the Championship.  He may or may not prove out at our level. 

If we buy him, we’re not going to also buy Under, with Perez looking for minutes.  I’m intrigued by what Under brings, and prefer not to buy someone in January to effectively cut off his loan just as he potentially finds his feet with us.

Can't see us spending too much in the summer unless we sell someone, probably 50m or so again. We've got Morgan and Fuchs to replace, we'll obviously get nothing for them so the only bonus will be saved wages. Gray and Slimani we might get something for in January, if not then they'll also both be off in the summer for nothing. That's four players we need to replace in the squad, that could easily be the whole budget spent.

We've got Matty James for another 18 months as well, hopefully he can be sold in January or next summer for at least something. Finally, Unders next 5 months here will be critical if we're going to sign him, needs to get more game time and put in some good performances.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

When should we have gone to try and sign him Col, out of interest? 

Can’t be arsed to go back through the thread (and it might have been a different thread in the transfer section) but I called Ward Prowse in the last window. And the one before that I think

Would be a massive help to our set piece problem AND will only get better.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Can’t be arsed to go back through the thread (and it might have been a different thread in the transfer section) but I called Ward Prowse in the last window. And the one before that I think

Would be a massive help to our set piece problem AND will only get better.

I ask because he's been a regular for Southampton from the age of 17 in 2013 with over 250 Premier league appearances for them. Which accumulated in the last window with being rewarded in club captaincy and a new five year contract. 

Don't think it's the most attainable signing like. 

3 hours ago, Fox85 said:

Amen. The kid creates bucketloads of chances. Pair him with a striker who can actually score and he’ll rack up plenty of assists. 

Really feel like we need to forward plan a Vardy replacement for when he decides to call it a day. Iheanacho clearly isn't it. Obviously we're not going to get anyone that can replicate what Vardy has given us but it'd be nice to bed someone in to maybe learn from him and allow us to rest him when needed

Not sure if we'll go for a young player or someone with plenty of Premier league experience like Ings. It's gonna be a tough act to follow for whoever comes in and naturally comparisons will always be made

18 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Tarkowski is such a West Ham type signing. As already stated I would look at a forward. We missed a trick imo on not getting Bowen or adams when they were available. January is always a difficult time to try and sign anyone. As long as we don’t end up with another Ryan Bennett I’ll be happy. 

I would be very surprised if Burnley were to sell Tarkowski in the January window, I think they will sell him in the Summer. Without him they become relegation favourites.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Norwich's Emi Buendia seems to be interest to quiet afew Premier League Clubs. Arsenal, Everton, Leeds and Tottenham all interested in him. He's been brilliant for the canaries this season, playing as a attacking midfielder and winger with an astonishing pass rate. The Argentinian is only 23 and some are saying he's the next Kevin de Bruyne. Any thoughts on him?

Good player, who impressed in both our games against us last season. If Gray leaves during the January window, which looks likely, you could do a lot worse than him. I certainly wouldn't be unhappy to see him given his technical profile and age. Only issue for me is that he didn't score that many goals in the Premier League when he played in it. Usually that wouldn't be such a problem if he is creative, but our team lacks goals. Vardy we can count on for 20+ a season, but last season no one else got to 10. That's what we are lacking to really push top 4 in my opinion, so if we are going to bring in a forward then for me that player has to be a good finisher. Perez flatters to deceive but he was our second top scorer last season!

Most likely though he will go elsewhere where he will get more first team football I'd imagine. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I would be very surprised if Burnley were to sell Tarkowski in the January window, I think they will sell him in the Summer. Without him they become relegation favourites.

Out of contract 2022, he is 27. So he will have a far better value at 27 over being 29. If Burnley want to realise his true value he needs off loading in January or the Summer.

with one year left on his contract, he would

likely see it out and pick his move with no fee but with a far more lucrative contract.....

Personally I can see him going sooner rather than later, as Burnley are not the richest club, and need funding rather than seeing him wind down his time and leave for nothing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Out of contract 2022, he is 27. So he will have a far better value at 27 over being 29. If Burnley want to realise his true value he needs off loading in January or the Summer.

with one year left on his contract, he would

likely see it out and pick his move with no fee but with a far more lucrative contract.....

Personally I can see him going sooner rather than later, as Burnley are not the richest club, and need funding rather than seeing him wind down his time and leave for nothing.

I agree that they won't let his contract run down unless he refuses to move but he would still command good money in the Summer with one year left on his contact.

His goal is to get back in the England squad so maybe if a big club comes in for him in January he may push it through.

21 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Good player, who impressed in both our games against us last season. If Gray leaves during the January window, which looks likely, you could do a lot worse than him. I certainly wouldn't be unhappy to see him given his technical profile and age. Only issue for me is that he didn't score that many goals in the Premier League when he played in it. Usually that wouldn't be such a problem if he is creative, but our team lacks goals. Vardy we can count on for 20+ a season, but last season no one else got to 10. That's what we are lacking to really push top 4 in my opinion, so if we are going to bring in a forward then for me that player has to be a good finisher. Perez flatters to deceive but he was our second top scorer last season!

Most likely though he will go elsewhere where he will get more first team football I'd imagine. 

Is the reason we don't score enough goals because we lack goal scorers or is it that we lack players to create good goal scoring opportunities?

I personally think our problem is that we don't create enough chances, we have plenty of players capable of scoring goals in Vardy, Barnes, Perez, Maddison and Tielemans.

In an ideal world we'd get a creative player that will bag plenty of goals too but not sure we're in a position to sign a player of that ilk.

• Like 1