Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

Zinchenko, nah. Even with Fuchs going I get the feeling we have enough fullback options, especially if we employ a 3-5-2 regularly. We have 4 options, two already of international standard, and JJ is flexible enough to slot in at LB if needed.

As for Olise, hell yes. Not for footballing reasons, but because of his sweet afro. Between him and Hamza, I might be able to revive my Jackson XI in FIFA next year and do it with a Leicester spine. The fact he's decent and could be the box-to-box creative link I think our midfield is missing is just a bonus. :ph34r:❤️

I remember buendia was good in the final 3rd of the pitch for norwich but in the defensive 3rd he kept on trying to dribble his way out resulting in norwich conceding quite a few unnecessary chances. Seems like an incredibly frustrating player and unless he's improved at not losing the ball in dangerous areas i dont think he's worth it. 1 year younger than maddison as well and maddison is far ahead of him in his development.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

I would take Zinchenko. Good back up.

Zinchenko, Justin, Castagne and Ricardo is superb fullback depth.

Sure, with Thomas to add to that as well - it's just that right now, the money I reckon could be better spent elsewhere.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Nick said:

Leicester are willing to let English winger Demarai Gray, 24, leave the club and replace him with Celtic's Scotland winger Ryan Christie, 25, or Reading's French midfielder Michael Olise, 19. (90min)

Olise was strongly linked to us (Celtic) when Rodgers was manager, the window before he left iirc. Not sure if he'd even played first team football at that point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Olise was strongly linked to us (Celtic) when Rodgers was manager, the window before he left iirc. Not sure if he'd even played first team football at that point.

That's encouraging! He's a real talent, got some good young players there. I imagine Liam Moore would put in a good word too.

Aside from another striker, I think we probably need proper cover for Youri. @Finneganmentioned it the Youri thread: if we want to be competing regularly in Europe then we need to have someone who can take some of the burden off him as a #6. Praet shouldn't be his cover.

KDH could be the answer to that, but I'm loathe to recall him from Luton - he deserves a full season starting week in, week out with how well he's playing.

21 hours ago, FOXYTALK said:

Zinchenko won't be second choice at Leicester. Would be too expensive. Plus we have Luke Thomas. Get a striker instead. 

Unsure we need him, but (as previously discussed on FT) Zinchenko is presently on 20K weekly wages at Man City (which bought him for 1.7m), 

15 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

This. Would be plain daft to sign someone like Zinchenko as a back-up option.

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Agree with those saying Zinchenko is a pointless signing, we need to spend the money elsewhere.

Apparently the whole of the French league are struggling with money, we could pick up a bargain or two in the next 6 months from there.

I am personally happy with Luke Thomas as a backup (knowing that we have Castagne and Justin as well).

However, it's unlikely Zinchenko would be expensive, given that he only cost Man City 1.7 million quid, is on 20/wk wages and hardly plays.

If we win this premier league this year I think Leicester are in a great position to go after Mbappe .  He is looking for a way out and something different , blue is is colour , we have a very young side with quite a few french speaking players , you can see Foffana and Mbappe playing for France and Leicester .  The old guard are fading .  

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Silver surfer 1 said:

If we win this premier league this year I think Leicester are in a great position to go after Mbappe .  He is looking for a way out and something different , blue is is colour , we have a very young side with quite a few french speaking players , you can see Foffana and Mbappe playing for France and Leicester .  The old guard are fading .  

You need to make it less obvious in future, poor.

2/10 for effort.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Silver surfer 1 said:

Terrible wind up mate 

Edited by TJB-fox

55 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Aside from another striker, I think we probably need proper cover for Youri. @Finneganmentioned it the Youri thread: if we want to be competing regularly in Europe then we need to have someone who can take some of the burden off him as a #6. Praet shouldn't be his cover.

KDH could be the answer to that, but I'm loathe to recall him from Luton - he deserves a full season starting week in, week out with how well he's playing.

Been mentioned before in this thread but i reckon we could tempt Delli Ali from Spurs.  Fits our profile of young (still only 24) talented players who maybe have lost their may a little who i think could turn it round under BR. Despite all the hype around him i suspect his wage demands are not that huge, bearing in mind Tottenham have a notoriously stingy attitude and he is out of favour so not likely to get improved terms any time soon.  If the rumours of them being interested in Gray are true (which i doubt) then we could possible do some sort of swap deal.

Personally i would take him.

41 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Been mentioned before in this thread but i reckon we could tempt Delli Ali from Spurs.  Fits our profile of young (still only 24) talented players who maybe have lost their may a little who i think could turn it round under BR. Despite all the hype around him i suspect his wage demands are not that huge, bearing in mind Tottenham have a notoriously stingy attitude and he is out of favour so not likely to get improved terms any time soon.  If the rumours of them being interested in Gray are true (which i doubt) then we could possible do some sort of swap deal.

I get where you're going with this, and he does tick those boxes you mention.

The only problem is, and it's quite a big problem from my point of view, that... well... he's a complete helmet... 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, urban fox said:

If they’re interested in Gray they can sign him for nothing