Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

I get where you're going with this, and he does tick those boxes you mention.

The only problem is, and it's quite a big problem from my point of view, that... well... he's a complete helmet... 

is he though? I get the sense that he’s more of a Vardy. Great at rustling other fans but probably a pretty decent guy 

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

The only problem is, and it's quite a big problem from my point of view, that... well... he's a complete helmet... 

He’d be our helmet though - would that make a difference ?

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Been mentioned before in this thread but i reckon we could tempt Delli Ali from Spurs.  Fits our profile of young (still only 24) talented players who maybe have lost their may a little who i think could turn it round under BR. Despite all the hype around him i suspect his wage demands are not that huge, bearing in mind Tottenham have a notoriously stingy attitude and he is out of favour so not likely to get improved terms any time soon.  If the rumours of them being interested in Gray are true (which i doubt) then we could possible do some sort of swap deal.

Personally i would take him.

He's on 100K/wk wages and not good enough to make a 9-player bench. Plus he reportedly has an attitude problem. Pass.

5 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I have criticised him in the past for coming across as a bit petulant and a spoilt brat but maybe spending time out of the picture may have matured him a little. We seem to have a pretty grounded, down to earth bunch here so maybe they would soon knock it out of him?

4 minutes ago, surrifox said:

If they’re interested in Gray they can sign him for nothing 

Not in January they can't. My point was, if they are really interested and want to offload Ali who seems, like Gray is here, surplus to requirements/out of favour then there may be the ossibility of a deal

1 hour ago, urban fox said:

Been mentioned before in this thread but i reckon we could tempt Delli Ali from Spurs.  Fits our profile of young (still only 24) talented players who maybe have lost their may a little who i think could turn it round under BR. Despite all the hype around him i suspect his wage demands are not that huge, bearing in mind Tottenham have a notoriously stingy attitude and he is out of favour so not likely to get improved terms any time soon.  If the rumours of them being interested in Gray are true (which i doubt) then we could possible do some sort of swap deal.

Why would we want top sign a Spurs reserve player of questionable temperament for an obscene transfer fee & wages when we have Maddison, Tielemans & Praet?

He is a reserve player for a reason.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, boots60 said:

Why would we want top sign a Spurs reserve player of questionable temperament for an obscene transfer fee & wages when we have Maddison, Tielemans & Praet?

like luke shaw wasn't able to play under jose ?  he has history of picking on a player …….

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, boots60 said:

No we wouldn't, but if he is out of favour/wants a move then it might be possible that there is a deal to be done. There is obviously something going on with him and Jose (who has previous for freezing players out). Obviously this is not a priority position for us at the moment but we have players surplus here that Spurs have supposedly had an interest in previously (Gray, Slimani) so there would be no harm in testing the water. If the price is not right then we leave well alone, but if it was, then i think he could do well here.

We have one thread asking if our midfield is the best in the league and another asking if we should bring in that horrible little brat of a reserve midfielder from Spurs.

And he doesn't like passing to Vardy.

Nope, no thanks.  Yer alright.  I'll pass.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, urban fox said:

No we wouldn't, but if he is out of favour/wants a move then it might be possible that there is a deal to be done. There is obviously something going on with him and Jose (who has previous for freezing players out). Obviously this is not a priority position for us at the moment but we have players surplus here that Spurs have supposedly had an interest in previously (Gray, Slimani) so there would be no harm in testing the water. If the price is not right then we leave well alone, but if it was, then i think he could do well here.

If it means getting shut of Gray & Slimani then I would sign Spurs tea lady :thumbup:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Agree with those saying Zinchenko is a pointless signing, we need to spend the money elsewhere.

Apparently the whole of the French league are struggling with money, we could pick up a bargain or two in the next 6 months from there.

My dad was telling me about this, something like their TV deal pulled the plug and the alternative Canal+ isn't anywhere near the figures touted.

Could try to be ambitious and get someone like Depay, Dembele, Ben Yedder or Jonathan Bamba

Edouard from Celtic I can see being a summer signing. With vardys age it’s time to be cut throat with Iheanacho, who I believe is not good enough make any impact at this level consistently. 

I like the look of olise, would be a great signing for the future! A ball carrier, something we don’t have (bar Barnes)! Especially from the centre of the pitch. 

possibly a CB? Depends on the futures of Knight & Benkovic. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, urban fox said:

I watched that documentary on Tottenham the other day and mourinho calls him Lazy 2 or 3 times, I’m not sure you could play him and Maddison in the same team although I think whoever signs him is potentially getting a hell of player if he replicate his form of a few seasons ago.

I actually think Dele would add to the squad and give us something we don’t have for a plan B as he can hold up the ball exceedingly well, and would chip in a few goals as a false 9.  He would give cover to Madders when off form / injured and can also add something deeper if needed too.  If he was fit and motivated, I could see him being fantastic. 

However, realistically, he’s not going to join, is he. Maybe if we had Chilly still, so they could be MK buddies...? 

5 hours ago, urban fox said:

It’s a difficult one really. 
If he could fine his form of 2-3 years ago, I would have him in our squad. At that time, he was an England regular and one of the best English midfielders around.  I am sure that with some good coaching, he could find that form again - wouldn’t be too much of a gamble.

My only problem is that he is a complete tool.

Guest Hansifüx

No matter what position, I would prefer a player that improves the team on a  physical level, someone with height and athleticism.   I think we have creative people enough ... with Maddison, Barnes, Tielemans, Under, Perez ... Castagne, Justin, Thomas, have potential to impact on that dimension as well. 

4 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Edouard from Celtic I can see being a summer signing. With vardys age it’s time to be cut throat with Iheanacho, who I believe is not good enough make any impact at this level consistently. 

I like the look of olise, would be a great signing for the future! A ball carrier, something we don’t have (bar Barnes)! Especially from the centre of the pitch. 

possibly a CB? Depends on the futures of Knight & Benkovic. 

...rumoured we are after Batuhan Kor for £2.5m...looks just the right person to take up the strikers role!!!

10 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

I am personally happy with Luke Thomas as a backup (knowing that we have Castagne and Justin as well).

However, it's unlikely Zinchenko would be expensive, given that he only cost Man City 1.7 million quid, is on 20/wk wages and hardly plays.

He plays his fair share of games given he's a bit of a utility player and has been linked with clubs like Napoli etc recently. He'd cost a fair wedge in terms of transfer fee and wages, Man city ain't going to let anyone go who is young and plays semi regularly for them for less than £20m which is very expensive for someone who will be back-up.

6 hours ago, Rusko187 said:

My dad was telling me about this, something like their TV deal pulled the plug and the alternative Canal+ isn't anywhere near the figures touted.

Could try to be ambitious and get someone like Depay, Dembele, Ben Yedder or Jonathan Bamba

Depay is Barcelona bound and Dembele hates Rodgers. Agree with the general point though, a few bargains to be had for sure.

6 hours ago, Heymister2015 said:

Rodgers wanted 5 signings and only managed 3. In expecting 2 in January if he wanted 5 for the calendar season. Which would add up to what we need. A striker and creator ie Buendia and Edouard

No manager ever gets everything they feel they need in a season in terms of players. He was backed superbly in the summer given the backdrop of covid and everything else.

I’ll say it again, one last time. Malen is the striker we need. He is the heir to Jamie’s throne. Bust a nut and get the guy. We wouldn’t regret it. 

Oh and id also try and sign Matondo. Lad will be utter mustard. 

Edited by ARM1968
  • Like 2