Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

4 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Olisie (reading) linked on bbc news alongside Christie from Celtic - bbc news. Probably nothing. Discuss. 

...I have said it before, he is a great find!!!

As someone who will get you off your seat, I would love to see him here. He can play a killer pass, has vision and prepared to put his foot in. As usual with flair players, he may frustrate you but I would be prepared to put up with that compared to all the other things that he brings.

Might just be too similar in mentality to what we currently have and we really need an enforcer in the midfield.

13 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...with the allowance for the deferment of FFP...there is an opportunity to spend in January!!!

Self sustainability is the watchword, but this season the pandemic has given us a chance to bring someone in.

There is always the opportunity to spend but of course, we're never privy to how much the club with their long term fiscal planning can or are willing to spend. The right target has to be available at the right price but January is notoriously a difficult and more a sellers market to deal in. We have of course done some good business at this time of the year but with players coming back, other than a really decent player to cover and eventually take over from Vardy, I don't see us as being desperate for anyone. I don't forsee much if any business at all. 

10 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

Manchester City 'prepared to listen to offers for Oleksandr Zinchenko in January with Wolves, Southampton, Leicester and West Ham all weighing up move for out-of-favour left back'

Yeah, another left back (especially one judged by Man City not to be up to a PL to four club) should be a priority lol 

Olise is going to cost £15-20m I'd have thought. There's no way we sign him, Ünder and a new striker in the next 2 windows + replacing Morgan and Fuchs. If Olise did get signed in January then I think that's confirmation that Ünder is highly unlikely to sign on a permanent deal.

That Olise does look like he is destined to be be a star, but let's not forget we have Kamal Sowah who is only 20 and a left footed dynamic midfielder/forward who once he meets the criteria to be able to play here will be integrated in to the squad.

14 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...with the allowance for the deferment of FFP...there is an opportunity to spend in January!!!

Self sustainability is the watchword, but this season the pandemic has given us a chance to bring someone 

We haven't spent beyond our mean since we rejoined the PL. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

41 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Buendia is still a no from me, I don't really get the clamour for him.

Have you watched him play?

He's absolutely fantastic to watch. Creates shit loads of chances. His weight of pass and vision is better than anyone in our team's. He works hard. He's a great technical dribbler and creates chances against teams that sit back far more than anyone in our team is capable of.

He's also got the stats to back it up. 6 goals and 6 assists in 16 games. 3.2 key passes played per game. 2.4 tackles per game.

He's the best player in the championship. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, matty98 said:

He's absolutely fantastic to watch. Creates shit loads of chances. His weight of pass and vision is better than anyone in our team's. He works hard. He's a great technical dribbler and creates chances against teams that sit back far more than anyone in our team is capable of.

He's also got the stats to back it up. 6 goals and 6 assists in 16 games. 3.2 key passes played per game. 2.4 tackles per game.

I have, and I don't think he's good enough for where we're aiming.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, matty98 said:

I'd expect better stats for the best player in the league at the team in 1st position.

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd expect better stats for the best player in the league at the team in 1st position.

A goal or assist contribution every 115 minutes is a fantastic return. Doubt there's many wide players matching that. Also considering Norwich have only scored 29 goals that's a large percentage of goal involvement.

He's also ranked 2nd in the whoscored ratings for the championship.