Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

13 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

The question was 'do you think you'll make many signings?' To which he said 'no not really' ....he then goes on to say they'll see of they can add quality.

Radio Leicester took the slant there wouldn't be too many incomings 

Finally, he says he's unlikely to add too many players in the transfer window: "It's something that we’ve looked at. If there’s someone we think can help and improve us we’ll do that but there will be nobody coming in for the sake of it."

I've thought about this a fair deal and I can't really put my finger on quite what we need until we get our injuries back. Yes we need to improve defensively but until Soyuncu and Ricardo are back we're not up to strength in that area.

The Vardy replacement thing is an issue, of course, but I think we can currently solve that within our own squad. I'd try Perez, Barnes and Under as a front three with Ndidi, Tielemans and Maddison as the midfield three. With Ricardo and Castagne contributing as full-backs, that's a team with a lot of technical quality in central areas, pace out wide and an ability to link up well.

If we can play a few games with that kind of formation, I think we'll be closer to knowing exactly where we need to strengthen.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

This is the exciting bit.

Will take some scouting. We can’t afford fees like we payed for young Wes and JJ could be a freak phenomenon, he has it all. Hopefully Rudders and co will have plenty lined up. 

quoted wrong post but still stands 

Edited by casablancas

6 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Will take some scouting. We can’t afford fees like we payed for young Wes and JJ could be a freak phenomenon, he has it all. Hopefully Rudders and co will have plenty lined up. 

quoted wrong post but still stands 

Gray, slimani, fuchs and Morgan are all on at least 50k a week. They'll free up some serious space on the wage bill as has players like silva going. Ghezzal is tearing it up in Turkey too so we might be able to sell him.

The fees aren't really the issue. It's more the wages we've been carrying fir a while.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Babylon said:

If we actually manage to replace Gray, Slimani and Nacho with players anywhere near the quality of most of the recent signings, the squad is going to take a massive boost in quality come the summer. 

If we replace just one of them with quality of signing we have made in last two summers it would be a massive boost.

14 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

This is the exciting bit.

For me too, the club is making massive progress on and off the field, the negativity on here is crazy

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Why do we need a left back? We accidentally signed a world class one.

We’ve had some questionable characters on past squads but I guess there’s always room for a player who’s actually killed someone to slot into a position we don’t even need to fill.

• Like 1