Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

35 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I just think Edouard fit our recent recruitment profile more, and I think his more likely to be willing to be Vardy's understudy then Milik.

Before people say Edouard has only done it in the SPL, I suggest they have a look at Tierney performances for Arsenal.

For what its worth I'd take both of them over Nacho.

.. perhaps suffering from long Covid and struggling to cope at this moment!!!

Probably just speculation but it could be a condition that sees him unable to perform at the height he once did.

9 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

That argument could be made for pretty much any league in the world. There are always going to be hits and misses. You've listed the flops but some of the best attacking players that the EPL has saw have also came from Holland, like RVP, Van Nistelrooy,  Suarez, Robben, Bergkamp, Hasselbaink, Kuyt....

Yes, but notice the difference in destination clubs for the flops and successes. It suggests that the top clubs see the top talent in the Eredivisie and snap them up. The question marks are gambled on by the mid-tier PL clubs. There is a reason Milik is at Napoli (with respect, a good and big club but not quite Real Madrid, Barcelona, Liverpool, Chelsea etc. 

Again, I don't disagree with your arguments and you're right that one could probably make similar lists for any league in the world. The difference is that because of some high-profile successes coming from the Eredivisie and Ajax/PSV/Feyenoord historically developing many players for European top clubs, English fans tend to rate players from the Eredivisie higher than say the Allsvenskan, Scottish PL, Superlig, Ekstraklasa, Jupiler League etc. The numerous failed gambles suggests that being a competent goal scorer in the Eredivisie doesn't mean they can cut it at PL level.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Here's the 5 strikers I'd be looking at this month, all available for less than £20m and some dirt cheap.

1) Kaio Jorge - turns 18 before the end of January and contract up this year. Brazilian wonderkid who would get a work permit based on the required points criteria. The fee would be low given the contract situation

2) Boulaye Dia - absolute machine this season for a crap Reims team. Very similar story to Jamie Vardy as he had a full time job in his late teens/early 20's (still only 24). Versatile forward who seems very progressive and has a £12.5m release clause. Ligue 1 is on its arse anyway and might get him even cheaper.

3) Edouard - the obvious one. Seems like he badly needs a new start. Rodgers loves him, he looks ideal for us and even if we are very kind to Celtic we get him for £20m or less paid over installments.

4) Folarin Balogun - set to leave Arsenal when his contract expires in the summer. Devastating at academy level and scored and assisted a few in the Europa this season. I suggested him in the summer when Brentford tried to sign him but were put off by the £8m price tag. They won't get that for him now, especially when he can walk away for free to a European club. He's the right age to play 2nd fiddle to Vardy.

5) Amine Gouri - 6 goals and 3 assists at Nice this season. Prolific at youth level for France but can play for Algeria and is quite similar in profile to Harvey Barnes but more developed as a striker that can also be deployed wide left. 

The pipe dream is Patson Daka but I'm not even going to ever get my hopes up. Available for £20-25m supposedly and an absolute monster of a striker.

I’m with you on Dake. Time to pen an open letter to the club haha. Let them know we are on it ;)

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Here's the 5 strikers I'd be looking at this month, all available for less than £20m and some dirt cheap.

1) Kaio Jorge - turns 18 before the end of January and contract up this year. Brazilian wonderkid who would get a work permit based on the required points criteria. The fee would be low given the contract situation

2) Boulaye Dia - absolute machine this season for a crap Reims team. Very similar story to Jamie Vardy as he had a full time job in his late teens/early 20's (still only 24). Versatile forward who seems very progressive and has a £12.5m release clause. Ligue 1 is on its arse anyway and might get him even cheaper.

3) Edouard - the obvious one. Seems like he badly needs a new start. Rodgers loves him, he looks ideal for us and even if we are very kind to Celtic we get him for £20m or less paid over installments.

4) Folarin Balogun - set to leave Arsenal when his contract expires in the summer. Devastating at academy level and scored and assisted a few in the Europa this season. I suggested him in the summer when Brentford tried to sign him but were put off by the £8m price tag. They won't get that for him now, especially when he can walk away for free to a European club. He's the right age to play 2nd fiddle to Vardy.

5) Amine Gouri - 6 goals and 3 assists at Nice this season. Prolific at youth level for France but can play for Algeria and is quite similar in profile to Harvey Barnes but more developed as a striker that can also be deployed wide left. 

The pipe dream is Patson Daka but I'm not even going to ever get my hopes up. Available for £20-25m supposedly and an absolute monster of a striker.

Let’s just sign Patson Daka and be done with it! Ticks all the boxes and just makes perfect sense. It’s too easy tho for us so we won’t sign him and he will end up at Newcastle or Fulham.

Milik will be expecting a large chunk for signing on fee and big wages, plus coming from Napoli I suspect he will think he's doing us a favour in being here. We don't tend to fare too well with these types of signings and given the debatable recent form, it's a no from me.

Edouard makes more sense as he will (presumably) want to come to Leicester to step up his career, and we have an opportunity to improve a young player. That said, and I will be honest, I haven't seen much of him, but what I have seen... doesn't make me jump out of my seat. I'm not expecting him to get 20+ goals a season, but I am unsure if he will be given the opportunities needed to make it worthwhile him being here.

• Like 1

It's based on watching a grand total of 2 games in the Copa Libertadores but we'd do well to sign Soteldo or Marinho from Santos. Ran the show last night against Boca and if they want a pathway in to Europe we'd be a great fit for them. 

Of course, it wouldn't surprise me if clubs like Barca, Real, Bayern, Liverpool etc have eyes on them or deals lined up for such youngsters from South America. 

Anyone who loves a bit of flair and skill in the side (like Mahrez) would be frothing seeing these 2...

• Like 2

Milik is a classic West ham type signing to me. Go for a cheaper option but pay the player big bucks. 

He shows small glimpses of why he's rated but spends too much time injured and struggles to adapt the premier League and eventually ends up stinking up the club because patience soon wears thin. 

That's based on little knowledge of the player, but more knowing west ham need a striker

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It's based on watching a grand total of 2 games in the Copa Libertadores but we'd do well to sign Soteldo or Marinho from Santos. Ran the show last night against Boca and if they want a pathway in to Europe we'd be a great fit for them. 

Of course, it wouldn't surprise me if clubs like Barca, Real, Bayern, Liverpool etc have eyes on them or deals lined up for such youngsters from South America. 

Anyone who loves a bit of flair and skill in the side (like Mahrez) would be frothing seeing these 2...

I don't generally buy the myth that you have to be a massive unit to play in the Prem but Soteldo comes pretty close to being the smallest player I've ever seen lol

He makes Bernard and Giovinco look like heavyweight boxers. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Love child of Xherdan Shaqiri and Ezgjan Alioski

Agree he looks quality even if he is Ant Mans little brother

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

Rodgers in the pre match basically said if there was a player available that could improve us he think the ownership would back us but ge expects it to be quiet.

I still think we'll see a player in but I'm probably being hopeful.

Said he expects it to be pretty quiet, just over two week left, we won’t be signing anyone 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Kaio Jorge is the one, available for dirt cheap as refusing to sign a new deal

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Was it Jorge that missed the absolute sitter one on one at the end? 

I didn't watch the game, he's just come up very highly on my stats I use and then delved a little deeper and it's a no brainer that we should go for him.