Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

1 hour ago, Heymister2015 said:

Tbh despite the financial impact of covid! I think spend £30m Max on Edouard and I wonder if selling choudhary is to fast track Tavares into the first team squad. Then come the summer the squad doesn’t need anything other than free agents and loans in the next two windows at the very least. So many quality footballers out of contract 

Like I've been saying lately, you'd get Edouard for half of that now.

1 hour ago, Heymister2015 said:

Tbh despite the financial impact of covid! I think spend £30m Max on Edouard and I wonder if selling choudhary is to fast track Tavares into the first team squad. Then come the summer the squad doesn’t need anything other than free agents and loans in the next two windows at the very least. So many quality footballers out of contract 

Eduoard is worth nowhere near £30m. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Basically an ITV Digital situation but in France?!

Certainly sounds like it, and this follows on from the pain caused by early problems, some pandemic related, some not

'This serves as a warning': French football's financial crisis (msn.com)

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

We've literally never taken advantage of 'quality free agents'* I've no idea why, there was tonnes of them last summer. But i'd imagine it's more around us wanting to invest in people who will have a big resale value, rather than players who might end their career here/leave on a free a season or two later.

*european based ones since our growth in stature... Albrighton obvious exception. 

Our present model  appears to be, as you've described, maximise value from younger players . As an aside I wonder how many of the many  quality free agents available in the Summer  ended up in the EPL and how many of those did anything much?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

We've literally never taken advantage of 'quality free agents'* I've no idea why, there was tonnes of them last summer. But i'd imagine it's more around us wanting to invest in people who will have a big resale value, rather than players who might end their career here/leave on a free a season or two later.

*european based ones since our growth in stature... Albrighton obvious exception. 

Fuchs and cambiasso were pretty decent too.

• Like 2