Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

27 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Anyone else think we should sign a couple of U21s if we're in Europe again next season? They don't have to be named in the PL registration squad and can also be on the B list for the EL. Even just signing one could be a good idea, they'd have to be half decent though, a bit like Fofana:whistle:

Yes we should, obviously this becomes much harder with the new transfer rules and we cannot get any overseas player under the age of 18 but we must still be thoroughly scouting such players.

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Tangy toms or European wingers is a real heart wrencher for me you swine!

Way too early and at 17 we have to wait anyway. Ajax as compensation should give us Danilo and Neres though for £20m.

Talking of Ajax and wingers, was impressed with Antony for them on Sunday against PSV.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

We'll have a bigger budget than Frankfurt surely?

I’d think that deal has some degree of goodwill involved as his wages are astronomical! 

how else would they afford 160k or even half that when they’re top earner is on 60k euros 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Is this David Turnbull any good? Seems to score every time I check your score 

Yeah he's class, could have a big future. His free kick was majestic last night. Him and Soro have been the only bright sparks this season, the rest of the team around them have been garbage. The infuriating thing is Lennon waited until the end of November to play him. He scored 16 goals from midfield in a poor Motherwell side a couple of seasons ago. We had a deal agreed to sign him at the end of that season but he failed a medical and needed a knee operation and missed basically the whole of last season as a result. He started this season on fire for Motherwell again and we went back and signed him.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Yeah he's class, could have a big future. His free kick was majestic last night. Him and Soro have been the only bright sparks this season, the rest of the team around them have been garbage. The infuriating thing is Lennon waited until the end of November to play him. He scored 16 goals from midfield in a poor Motherwell side a couple of seasons ago. We had a deal agreed to sign him at the end of that season but he failed a medical and needed a knee operation and missed basically the whole of last season as a result. He started this season on fire for Motherwell again and we went back and signed him.

Thanks for the info! Atleast there’s some sort of bright light in your season. Hope you can get a few more talents like that seems Scotland is having a bit of a golden patch atm 

• Like 1

Tbh despite the financial impact of covid! I think spend £30m Max on Edouard and I wonder if selling choudhary is to fast track Tavares into the first team squad. Then come the summer the squad doesn’t need anything other than free agents and loans in the next two windows at the very least. So many quality footballers out of contract 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Tbh despite the financial impact of covid! I think spend £30m Max on Edouard and I wonder if selling choudhary is to fast track Tavares into the first team squad. Then come the summer the squad doesn’t need anything other than free agents and loans in the next two windows at the very least. So many quality footballers out of contract 

So you think Cengiz won`t be made permanent? (Why would he presently)

32 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

We've literally never taken advantage of 'quality free agents'* I've no idea why, there was tonnes of them last summer. But i'd imagine it's more around us wanting to invest in people who will have a big resale value, rather than players who might end their career here/leave on a free a season or two later.

*european based ones since our growth in stature... Albrighton obvious exception. 

Edited by AjcW

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

We've literally never taken advantage of 'quality free agents'* I've no idea why, there was tonnes of them last summer. But i'd imagine it's more around us wanting to invest in people who will have a big resale value, rather than players who might end their career here/leave on a free a season or two later.

*european based ones since our growth in stature... Albrighton obvious exception. 

Fuchs was a free agent too, but I get your point if we're looking post-title win.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

...we are not going to be spending £30m on Edouard!!!

He has been off the pace this season and his contract is running down (Expires 2022), £15m max should do it. Still think he has agreed to go to somewhere next season, it might just be us.