Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

1 hour ago, Fox85 said:

It's a set price really if both party's are happy at the end of the agreement.

Obligation to buy means it must happen for that price no matter what.

Option puts the decision in the buying team hands, while obligation in selling one's. That's the main difference. 

• Like 2

The pre-determined price basically gives Leicester first refusal on the player at the price that was agreed at the time of the loan up until a certain date. This is exactly what happened with us with Edouard, we had up until the end of the May the year we had him on loan to buy him for £9m or after that other clubs could enquire about him.

If there's no obligation to buy however there is nothing stopping Leicester trying to negotiate a better price as they would with any player they were trying to sign.

• Thanks 1

Interested to see whether we will look to purchase any of Birmingham or Derby's youngsters given their financial problems. Birmingham are scrapping their academies and have a number of talented 16-18 year old they want to raise finances from. Derby are also in the garry and Kaide Gordon is their 16 year old sensation who is supposedly going to be sold this month.

Another left field suggestion is Georginio Rutter from Rennes. He has rejected a new contract and will leave in the summer. Can sign a pre-contract this month and PL clubs are interested. He's an 18 year old striker who scored on his Champions League debut this season so would get a work permit. 

Guest StevieLynex
On 07/01/2021 at 09:11, Aus Fox said:

Should we take a look at Pelle? Just been released in China, due to their League restructuring.

35 now, but could be an option on a short term contract coming off the bench? 
A different option in those games where we need a late goal.

Thought you were referring to Edison...might struggle to get around the pitch, bearing in mind his age

The French league have lost a massive amount of money after losing some licenses of some sort. Clubs are going to be selling for cheap and I'm sure with how good our scouts have been over the years, they could find a few gems in there for sure. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

We need a CM, loan or otherwise. We can’t expect Youri and Madders to play for three months without help. McGregor @Muzzy_Larsson?

Edouard, McGregor, anyone else you want lol :P They are the only two that could perform at EPL level tbf.

I can't see McGregor happening at the moment for a number of reasons. He'd jump at the chance of the move personally I'd think but we have him on a long contract and would want £20m for him. Can't see Leicester signing him and Edouard this window.

Summer may be more realistic, whether it's to Leicester or wherever else I don't know. There have been a couple of german sides after him in the past for example, Monchengladbach for one. I'd love our rebuild to be centred round McGregor and for us to keep him for the rest of his career but I think he'll want away in the summer and I wouldn't grudge him it either. He's won everything there is to win up here many times over, given us amazing service and he'll want a new challenge when he's still in his peak years. I'd love to see him go to a top league and do well as he's been such a great servant and player for us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Edouard, McGregor, anyone else you want lol :P They are the only two that could perform at EPL level tbf.

I can't see McGregor happening at the moment for a number of reasons. He'd jump at the chance of the move personally I'd think but we have him on a long contract and would want £20m for him. Can't see Leicester signing him and Edouard this window.

Summer may be more realistic, whether it's to Leicester or wherever else I don't know. There have been a couple of german sides after him in the past for example, Monchengladbach for one. I'd love our rebuild to be centred round McGregor and for us to keep him for the rest of his career but I think he'll want away in the summer and I wouldn't grudge him it either. He's won everything there is to win up here many times over, given us amazing service and he'll want a new challenge when he's still in his peak years. I'd love to see him go to a top league and do well as he's been such a great servant and player for us.

I don't know how you put up with this tbh coming on here with us lot all claiming we should sign your team 🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I don't know how you put up with this tbh coming on here with us lot all claiming we should sign your team 🤣

Tbh, I don't imagine us talking about signing their players bothers him. If it was me, I would be more annoyed at the inevitable responses that each of these discussions gets that claims they wouldnt sign such and such from Celtic because they are crap and play in a crap league for a crap team despite the fact that the person that said it hasn't watched Scottish football since Gazza was cutting about playing an imaginary flute. 

• Like 4

Just now, Foxy_Bear said:

Tbh, I don't imagine us talking about signing their players bothers him. If it was me, I would be more annoyed at the inevitable responses that each of these discussions gets that claims they wouldnt sign such and such from Celtic because they are crap and play in a crap league for a crap team despite the fact that the person that said it hasn't watched Scottish football since Gazza was cutting about playing an imaginary flute. 

Nail struck firmly on the head sir!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Plays in Barnes position for Porto but can also play as a 10 or on the right. 

We need more options in that front 3/4 anyway so this makes sense even if he already covers a position we have a “starter” for. 

I was thinking that yesterday to be fair, I can’t remember the last time Barnes didn’t play and I can’t remember who took his place lol (was Sheff Utd/Brighton.. but goes to show our only alternative when Barnes doesn’t play is to switch to 5-2-2-1..)

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

Plays in Barnes position for Porto but can also play as a 10 or on the right. 

We need more options in that front 3/4 anyway so this makes sense even if he already covers a position we have a “starter” for. 

I was thinking that yesterday to be fair, I can’t remember the last time Barnes didn’t play and I can’t remember who took his place lol (was Sheff Utd/Brighton.. but goes to show our only alternative when Barnes doesn’t play is to switch to 5-2-2-1..)

Played CM for half the games according to whoscored

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/120608/Show/Otávio