Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

12 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

532 from now on then:whistle:

I sincerely hope not. We recovered from our bad run and have gone 5 unbeaten again since ditching the back five. The only time we've seen it was for 10 minutes against Newcastle where we almost threw  the game away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matty98 said:

If Brendan isn't keen on Under, I'd like to see us get another winger in.

Think Romain Faivre would be a good signing, excellent dribbler and very creative.

Man Utd and PSG supposedly interested but think he'd consider us as he'd be more likely start.

Why is Brendan not keen on Under

4 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

He’s been injured 

Between matchday 4 and 14 he was fit, yet only played 200 minutes of league football. I would've thought if Brendan liked him he'd have played him more than that. :dunno:

I hope I'm wrong and he does rate him because I think he's looked pretty good when he has played.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, matty98 said:

Between matchday 4 and 14 he was fit, yet only played 200 minutes of league football. I would've thought if Brendan liked him he'd have played him more than that. :dunno:

I hope I'm wrong and he does rate him because I think he's looked pretty good when he has played.

Thought Rodgers said he had to build up his fitness more than a few times and the injuries. I hope your wrong too because Under, Barnes, and Vardy backed up by a fit Castagne, Ricardo and the rest of our midfield.........well you get the idea. Europa League Final. :beer:

8 hours ago, matty98 said:

When he got here he was still getting over another injury and wasn’t march fit . I remember there was a training video they did when he first got here and he was absolutely blowing out his ass . The guys just not been fit that’s all . 

Edited by baldeagle

9 hours ago, matty98 said:

Pretty much exactly my thoughts tbh. 

It's not even worth us debating how good he is on here if the manager isn't keen and I get the strong feeling he isn't. 

I know he said he was far behind with his fitness but you don't get fit without match time either and there were plenty of opportunities (before his injuries lately) to give him minutes that Rodgers declined. 

It just strikes me that he's not all that impressed. We may see otherwise in the second half of the season but if these latest niggles persist then probably not. 

24 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Pretty much exactly my thoughts tbh. 

It's not even worth us debating how good he is on here if the manager isn't keen and I get the strong feeling he isn't. 

I know he said he was far behind with his fitness but you don't get fit without match time either and there were plenty of opportunities (before his injuries lately) to give him minutes that Rodgers declined. 

It just strikes me that he's not all that impressed. We may see otherwise in the second half of the season but if these latest niggles persist then probably not. 

I agree. To my recollection he's started one PL game? I think it's one. That's not an indication that you like the player. 

I think it's a shame, I like him. I think he is a players who will create more than he will score but that's ok as long as Vardy and Barnes on the other side are putting away the chances he's making. 

From the little we've saw of him he's already got a few assists and I can only see him getting better but like I say, I don't believe Rodgers is sold and I would be surprised if he joins permanently. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I agree. To my recollection he's started one PL game? I think it's one. That's not an indication that you like the player. 

I think it's a shame, I like him. I think he is a players who will create more than he will score but that's ok as long as Vardy and Barnes on the other side are putting away the chances he's making. 

From the little we've saw of him he's already got a few assists and I can only see him getting better but like I say, I don't believe Rodgers is sold and I would be surprised if he joins permanently. 

I suppose there is a couple of ways of looking at this though no? 

Obviously the above being one..

But also could it not be that we are giving him time to come up to speed with the rigour of Premier League football as well.. we’ve tried to nurture him through the first half of the season to make sure he is getting up to fitness and up to the speed of the Premier League, which could be a sign that he is a longer term prospect, rather than an instant quick fix.

I’m sure when Fabinho first joined Liverpool he didn’t get a tonne of starts and didn’t have as big an impact on the first team as many assumed, but Klopp asked for patience in getting him accustomed to the PL and now he’d arguably be one of the first name’s on their team sheet.

Personally I think he has looked tidy in the short glimpses we’ve seen so far, but it will be telling to see how much he is utilised the second half of the season.. 

• Like 1