Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

Edouard surely at no more than £20m will be worth the money in this market - you can’t get a championship striker for that fee nowadays! 

I'm guessing the market will have dipped a bit after this Covid-19 induced football recession.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

It's based on watching a grand total of 2 games in the Copa Libertadores but we'd do well to sign Soteldo or Marinho from Santos. Ran the show last night against Boca and if they want a pathway in to Europe we'd be a great fit for them. 

Of course, it wouldn't surprise me if clubs like Barca, Real, Bayern, Liverpool etc have eyes on them or deals lined up for such youngsters from South America. 

Anyone who loves a bit of flair and skill in the side (like Mahrez) would be frothing seeing these 2...

...based on watching the obligatory Youtube videos...I would only look to pick up Marinho!!!

Fast feet and looks very busy, always expecting something special when he is in possession, but he likes to go down a lot, and that's without being touched.

With the position he gets himself into, I would expect a lot more goals, shooting across the keeper coming in from the right with his left foot he really needs to start the ball much wider of the goal, he has the skills, a lot of poor goal keeping there. I really think he believes he is the new Roberto Carlos, he can hit them but he tends to go for power instead of accuracy but when he gets it right he is worth the entrance fee.

10 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...based on watching the obligatory Youtube videos...I would only look to pick up Marinho!!!

Fast feet and looks very busy, always expecting something special when he is in possession, but he likes to go down a lot, and that's without being touched.

With the position he gets himself into, I would expect a lot more goals, shooting across the keeper coming in from the right with his left foot he really needs to start the ball much wider of the goal, he has the skills, a lot of poor goal keeping there. I really think he believes he is the new Roberto Carlos, he can hit them but he tends to go for power instead of accuracy but when he gets it right he is worth the entrance fee.

Marinho is in his 30's.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Marinho is in his 30's.

...@StanSP suggested we could do well to pick him or Soteldo up!!!

My response was having reviewed both, I chose the one player I felt would be beneficial and delight our supporters.

Marinho will be 31 in May so perhaps going by our recruitment strategy it is not likely he would end up here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

It's based on watching a grand total of 2 games in the Copa Libertadores but we'd do well to sign Soteldo or Marinho from Santos. Ran the show last night against Boca and if they want a pathway in to Europe we'd be a great fit for them. 

Of course, it wouldn't surprise me if clubs like Barca, Real, Bayern, Liverpool etc have eyes on them or deals lined up for such youngsters from South America. 

Anyone who loves a bit of flair and skill in the side (like Mahrez) would be frothing seeing these 2...

Watched the game also. Marinho is the one of the two most likely to make it in the EPL I'd say, Soteldo looks like he may struggle physically, a bit like Bernard in that sense.

54 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

He nearly killed the Boca keeper with a free kick last night lol

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Rusko187 said:

Milik will be expecting a large chunk for signing on fee and big wages, plus coming from Napoli I suspect he will think he's doing us a favour in being here. We don't tend to fare too well with these types of signings and given the debatable recent form, it's a no from me.

Edouard makes more sense as he will (presumably) want to come to Leicester to step up his career, and we have an opportunity to improve a young player. That said, and I will be honest, I haven't seen much of him, but what I have seen... doesn't make me jump out of my seat. I'm not expecting him to get 20+ goals a season, but I am unsure if he will be given the opportunities needed to make it worthwhile him being here.

What does a 20 goal a season EPL striker cost nowadays though? Your talking 50-60m, probably more. Leicester simply aren't and won't be in the market for those guys. Ings is the only real outlier I can see in terms of this in recent history.

Edouard of course isn't going to be an off the shelf 20 goal a season EPL striker, you'd be signing potential in the hope you can develop him into one.

I obviously have an inherent bias but for £15m quid or whatever I don't think there's going to be much better value around in this window than that. I doubt many French under 21 attackers tend to go for less than that these days.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

What does a 20 goal a season EPL striker cost nowadays though? Your talking 50-60m, probably more. Leicester simply aren't and won't be in the market for those guys. Ings is the only real outlier I can see in terms of this in recent history.

Edouard of course isn't going to be an off the shelf 20 goal a season EPL striker, you'd be signing potential in the hope you can develop him into one.

I obviously have an inherent bias but for £15m quid or whatever I don't think there's going to be much better value around in this window than that. I doubt many French under 21 attackers tend to go for less than that these days.

For 15, I'd be all over it but for the 30 number being bandied about.... no chance. 

17 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

This.

we need to be clever, we can’t afford to get someone in who will score the same amount of goals as Vardy. We either take a gamble and try to develop someone or we pray Vardy just ages like an Italian league striker!

if I’m being honest I wouldn’t expect Edouard to score that many but I think like most fans were just a bit bored of iheanacho seems were just not suited to one another. Edouard seems to make sense in a lot of ways but I won’t hold my breath.

If Brendan isn't keen on Under, I'd like to see us get another winger in.

Think Romain Faivre would be a good signing, excellent dribbler and very creative.

Man Utd and PSG supposedly interested but think he'd consider us as he'd be more likely start.

4 minutes ago, matty98 said:

If Brendan isn't keen on Under, I'd like to see us get another winger in.

Think Romain Faivre would be a good signing, excellent dribbler and very creative.

Man Utd and PSG supposedly interested but think he'd consider us as he'd be more likely start.

I'd rather just get That Thauvin in on a free, low risk possible high reward 

• Like 1