Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Wolves Pre-match

17 hours ago, shailen said:

This will be a proper test against a side who don't come out and love to play a direct style on the counter attack at pace. Most the sides we've beaten in the league are sides who like to press us (except Burnley) so it'll be interesting to see how we come against a side intending to make it a cagey affair for us. Villa and west ham both got joy with that intention. 

...yes this will be a big test, just to see where we are in developing strategies against teams which do not suit the way we have played recently!!!

We have been lucky, as teams have consistently failed to punish us in the early stages and it will be interesting to see what we do should we go a few goals down early in the match. Do we change it up before half time our wait till 60 minutes to see if a change of personnel or formation can claw back the damage. This will be a game and a half as we could well attempt to play contrary to how we have recently played (as Wolves will play on the counter) but I do not believe we have the players to play this way who will be available.

5 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Would take another 0-0 tbh, could even throw in another correctly disallowed goal that makes Wolves fans cry again while you're there.

35 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

We've had a good result against one Portuguese side this week, let's hope we can do the same on Sunday.

Seems the club tweeted about playing two Portuguese teams this week. Now the wolves fans are spitting on twitter, really kids grow up 🤣🤣🤣🤣

8 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Seems the club tweeted about playing two Portuguese teams this week. Now the wolves fans are spitting on twitter, really kids grow up 🤣🤣🤣🤣

We've discussed this before. For some reason that club appears to attract a lot of bitter, entitled whiners. I know all clubs get their share, but they seem to make a loud majority over there.

49 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

We've discussed this before. For some reason that club appears to attract a lot of bitter, entitled whiners. I know all clubs get their share, but they seem to make a loud majority over there.

I see it everywhere where there is  an intense local rivalry, it screws them all up a bit. 

Kasper 

Forfana   Evans   Fuchs

Praet     Mendy   Tielemans  Justin

Maddison  Barnes

Vardy

Think this will be a very close, very tough game. Good test for us. 

Just now, sdb said:

Kasper 

Forfana   Evans   Fuchs

Maddison  Barnes

Vardy

Justin can only play in a 3 and he very effective 

anywhere else he not very good 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sdb said:

He's had some great games at left back. Could easily swap him and Fuchs but Justin is so weak in the air

Completely disagree. 

At LB/LWB I think he is a liability. At RB/RWB, he's decent cover but at RCB I think he's been excellent. 

• Like 1

Got to stick to the tried and trusted 3/5 atb at this point. Main questions for me are who does Evans replace if fit? And who starts out of Madders, Ünder and Praet?

Schmeichel

Justin

Fofana 

Evans

Fuchs

Thomas

Maddison

Tielemans 

Mendy

Barnes 

Vardy

12 minutes ago, sdb said:

Kasper 

Forfana   Evans   Fuchs

Maddison  Barnes

Vardy

Praet as a RWB? Huh?

Kasper

Justin - Fofana - Evans

Albrighton                              Fuchs

Mendy

Tielemans 

Maddison                 Barnes

Vardy 

I'd keep Fofana central. he's excelled there and I think Evans could do that LCB role fine, same with Fuchs as a LWB. This'll probably be Fofana's toughest test, up against an in-form and quality striker like Jimenez. He likes to drop deep sometimes and join in the play so Mendy will be just as key trying to keep him quiet.

Maddison will probably be a bit more central but if he can find the pockets of space he was doing last night and control the game in their half, while Tielemans does so in our half, it could work well.

I'm confident of a win purely based on our own form and how we're ticking over quite nicely.

I'm glad Vardy was rested last night. Sunday is a much more important, tougher game and we need him fully-fit. 

T

For me....

Kasper

Justin     Fofana     Evans 

Albrighton                                     Thomas

Tielemans    Mendy

Ünder                              Barnes

Vardy

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

For me....

Kasper

Tielemans    Mendy

Vardy

I quite like this. 

• Thanks 1

Normally I'd have confidence in a good game that we can get a win out of but I'm worried about the frequency of games we've had (3 in 1 week) catching up on us. They're a good test at the best of times, we get through this with something (even a point) it'll be amazing. Hopefully no injures and we can let a few players rest over the international break before going again against Liverpool on the 21st. 

55 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

For me....

Kasper

Tielemans    Mendy

Vardy

I like the look of this but you’ll need to find a spot for Maddison probably in place of Under.