Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Wolves Pre-match

10 minutes ago, Stadt said:

This is the game we’ll learn the most from. Rodgers has performed far better than I thought so far but if we beat them we’ve properly turned the corner. The onus is on us in this one and they’re obviously incredibly belligerent - I’d be hesitant to play 352/343 because it’ll suit them. Injuries might force us into it though.

Yeah from a tactical point of view, I would also share that opinion. But it depends on what we want from the game. We are still nursing so many injuries and some players start to return after this game in the league. So having a drab 0-0 isn't the worst thing in the world, we would still have a lot of points and a high league position and will only get better as first teamers return.

If I was the manager and playing to want to outright win this game, I'd play 433 / 4141 with Barnes, Under and Vardy all in the team, supported by Maddison and Tielemans. The first 3 are fast players that can stretch their back 3 and the midfield two are schemers to make the spaces and opportunities for those front 3. But this assumes we get on top of the game and control it, if we don't then we will be susceptible on the break especially to Traore and we might find 19 year old Luke Thomas up against him, which in terms of physicality is a total mismatch. Jimenez is probably the one player in the league right now that could dominate Fofana 1v1.

That's why I think we will stick to 343 and play to nick the win rather than to outright win it. And with the way we are playing, we might still pull it off. We have many players in great form at the minute.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Stadt said:

This is the game we’ll learn the most from. Rodgers has performed far better than I thought so far but if we beat them we’ve properly turned the corner. The onus is on us in this one and they’re obviously incredibly belligerent - I’d be hesitant to play 352/343 because it’ll suit them. Injuries might force us into it though.

Completely agree.

I thought we'd struggle a little against Leeds but they are clearly more bothered about scoring goals and winning games than they are not losing and as good as we were on Monday that fed into our hands.

I think this is going to be a really difficult game and I'm really interested to see what Brendan does for this tactically.

A win would be great but I honestly wouldn't complain about a draw and a good performance. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I never like playing Wolves, feel that our game plan plays into their hands. We definitely need to be cagey and try and force them to come out more.

You are aware that the 2 dullest fixtures of the season last year (and possibly all time) were both 0-0 with Wolves lol

19 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yeah from a tactical point of view, I would also share that opinion. But it depends on what we want from the game. We are still nursing so many injuries and some players start to return after this game in the league. So having a drab 0-0 isn't the worst thing in the world, we would still have a lot of points and a high league position and will only get better as first teamers return.

If I was the manager and playing to want to outright win this game, I'd play 433 / 4141 with Barnes, Under and Vardy all in the team, supported by Maddison and Tielemans. The first 3 are fast players that can stretch their back 3 and the midfield two are schemers to make the spaces and opportunities for those front 3. But this assumes we get on top of the game and control it, if we don't then we will be susceptible on the break especially to Traore and we might find 19 year old Luke Thomas up against him, which in terms of physicality is a total mismatch. Jimenez is probably the one player in the league right now that could dominate Fofana 1v1.

That's why I think we will stick to 343 and play to nick the win rather than to outright win it. And with the way we are playing, we might still pull it off. We have many players in great form at the minute.

I think Rodgers will try to revert to the attacking 4-3-3 in the last half hour as we did against Arsenal, maybe subbing Maddison and Under on like he did vs Leeds, whilst he sets up with a more cautious formation to begin with.

2 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I think Rodgers will try to revert to the attacking 4-3-3 in the last half hour as we did against Arsenal, maybe subbing Maddison and Under on like he did vs Leeds, whilst he sets up with a more cautious formation to begin with.

I agree, and I think that's a wise way to approach the game.

• Like 1