Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Wolves Pre-match

23 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Leicester v Wolves (14:00 GMT)

Both teams are playing so well that it is hard to decide either way. I've gone with Leicester, but I could make a case for either side to come out on top.

Lawro's prediction: 2-1

Lawro earning his pay lol

lawro has friends in high places if u know what i mean

5 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

This has got stalemate potential but we're playing really well at the minute so can beat them.

Real decisions to make with who plays. I'd be tempted to play Iheanacho from the right with Vardy and Barnes. Maddison might not be fit with his dead leg. Under looked better from the bench so far. 

Does Evans come back in if it? Be harsh to drop anyone. But Jimenez will be a test. Traore against Thomas too, do might be useful to have Fuchs behind him. 

Obviously want a win but would take a point so we can carry momentum into the international break. 

Good points. I think midfield is tough to get all the best players on the pitch but at least atm under looks better from the bench and i would like to see Maddison get a start. Maybe he would be the sub for under later on (though I try not to overthink it now as Brendan has well and truly earned our trust with his random team selections. 

I think Evans is a shoe in when he's fit. We are lucky whoever he replaces is likely to be young 'un so easier to accept? 

Edited by gw_leics772

2 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Evans is available for match 

no other injuries 

Soyuncu Should be back start of dec

What happens when Evan's and soyuncu are both back with fofana too. Personally I'd pick fofafana and soyuncu but we would miss the level headed Evan's who is the leader at the back all things considered. If soyuncu has learnt enough from Evan's and has been mentored enough then I'd still offer Evan's a 2yr deal as a player/coach. Theres no point holding our young players back.

6 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

What happens when Evan's and soyuncu are both back with fofana too. Personally I'd pick fofafana and soyuncu but we would miss the level headed Evan's who is the leader at the back all things considered. If soyuncu has learnt enough from Evan's and has been mentored enough then I'd still offer Evan's a 2yr deal as a player/coach. Theres no point holding our young players back.

Surely Perreira Evans Soyuncu Fofana Castagne.........As good as it gets in the Premier League I would say....

4 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Surely Perreira Evans Soyuncu Fofana Castagne.........As good as it gets in the Premier League I would say....

Agree with that as a back 5 but BR will want a 4-1-4-1 when we have enough first teamers back hence the 2 at the back topic.

Evans fit?

“He should be available as long as there is no reaction. He trained very well today. We’re hopeful for Sunday."

Maddison fit?

“He’s good to go. James showed resilience. It may have been easy for him to come off but he stuck with it."

Pleased with squad depth?

“I’ll always support them because when I ask them to play for me, you’re putting them in a stress situation, but they’ve been incredible. It typifies the professionalism the guys coming in have. We spoke about that in pre-season. It’s a testament to the guys that have come in and how they’ve performed to a really high level. They’re a group with a great spirit. We lost a couple of games, but they learned from that and have played some fantastic football. With the Premier League, you have to have humility, because no matter how well you’re doing, you’ve always got a tough game coming up next. That’s what we’re looking forward to against Wolves.”

Iheanacho as Vardy's long-term successor?

“I don’t really think of that. At this moment, the boy is doing fantastic. He’s a player I love working with, he plays with a smile on his face. We want him to run in behind more and he did that last night constantly, as he showed on the first goal. He’s got a lovely touch and is hard to knock off the ball. He’s been invaluable for us. It was great to see him get his goals and work hard for the team.”

Soyuncu's timescale?

“Weeks away. He didn’t need the operation and he’s doing flexibility work but not kicking a ball yet. We’re hopeful he’ll be back before Christmas."

Spoken to Barnes on England omission?

“I haven’t spoken to him yet. He’s come in as normal. He started the season very well and having met up with the group, it will prove a great motivation for him. He’s continued to play well but he knows that it is not his job. He just needs to perform well for Leicester City. He’s a player that the national team don’t have so much in that he’s so direct in his running. There will be other squads for him to be involved in."

Exciting game v Wolves?

“Last year we had two 0-0s! It will be a tight game. Nuno’s teams have a clear structure, that back five, and he’s done a fantastic job. They’ve been very consistent. They’ve got no European football this year so have a clear run. I think he’s done an outstanding job. They’ve got a balance in their team. Conor leads them so well, a great communicator and plays with real quality. Jimenez has great mobility and scores all types of goals. They’re a very good side. I’m looking forward to it on the back of how we’ve been playing.”

Pleased for Coady after coaching him as a youngster?

“I’m so pleased for Conor because he was a young player at Liverpool who had a fantastic attitude. Mike Marsh always spoke highly of Conor, and when he stepped up to train with us, he was excellent. At the time he was a midfield player and it was difficult for him to get in. The transformation at Wolves and Nuno changing the shape of the team. It didn’t surprise me that he’s playing at the back because he’s got a wonderful football brain. It’s great to see. He loves football, it’s his passion. He’s gone on to be a full international and I’m delighted for him."

How do experienced players help?

“Firstly it’s behaviour. When players are experienced, they come in and have a way to prepare. They get in early and get themselves right for training and then they give everything. The young players here are very fortunate. Looking from afar, Morgan, Albrighton, Fuchs, they have real authority around the place. They’re real leaders. You don’t have so many leaders nowadays but I’ve got lots. They’ll talk to the young players and tell them. If you’re clever as a young player, you’ll pick up on that.”

Covid-era football feel normal now?

“We’re in a period now where it feels normal in terms of our testing. We train and work in a bubble. I read a story about where a supporter was going through the turnstiles and was crying because he couldn’t believe he was going back in. There are many people who go to work and don’t enjoy their job and there one relief is football. At the minute, they don’t have that. Our wish is to get supporters back. Until that happens, we’ll cope as best we can.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Danny Clender said:

According to Google Maps, taking the shortest route, Molineux is 53.9 miles from the King Power.

In distance, that places Wolves as our 3rd closest rival in the Premier League after Aston Villa, 41.6 and West Brom 48.8.

It’s excellent to see the Midlands representing the Premier league with all 3 teams doing excellently, ok, Villa doing moderately because they beat us.

As the only East Midland club in the Prem, this represents the clash of the Midlands and seeing as I cannot predict a team line up or prediction, I thought I’d see which team would win in a simple battle of the Cities.

I’ve chosen the following categories myself, so let’s finally settle the ancient and hotly disputed argument “Which is better, Leicester or Wolverhampton?”

Music:

The first battle that springs to mind here is Slade vs Showaddywaddy, but we all know Showaddywaddy are/were far better :P, so no point discussing that, so I’ll go with Cloven Hoof vs Blitzkrieg.

Cloven Hoof "Crack the Whip"

Crack the whip!

You keep me coming,

On stronger than ever before.

Light my fire,

Feed your desire,

Till it leaves ya

Burning for more.

Lyric excerpt from “Crack the Whip” taken from their self titled 1984 Album “Cloven Hoof”

Blitzkrieg "A Time of Change"

When you see a cloud moving from the east,

You say rain is coming, and so it happens.

When the desert wind blows, you say it

Will be hot, and so it is. If you can read

The signs in the earth and the sky,

How is it that you cannot read the signs of The times?

The changes are occurring now!

Lyric excerpt from “A Time of Change” taken from Blitzkrieg's 1985 album “A Time of Change”

Whilst I can see “Crack the Whip” being easier to sing on the terraces, I have to give this vote to Blitzkrieg because of it’s helpful weather warning. It's far more useful to plan a day trip or to organise a barbecue whilst listening to Blitzkrieg. Also, that they first predicted the Climate Crisis in 1985, this gives them the edge.

Leicester 1 - Wolves 0

The Ring Road:

Both very important for navigation of boozers and most of the old match day scraps relied on this route. 

Wolverhampton = 2 miles in length. 

Leicester = 3.75 miles in length. 

Leicester 2 - Wolves 0

Ale:

This is Everards vs Marston’s.

And going with the popular vote here, I’d say this is Tiger vs Pedigree.

Now, It’s widely known that drinking either of these delicious ales is not for the purist football fan.

Deep down, drinkers of these ales will be suspected as either Rugby or Cricket fans, or even worse, both.

Anyone not drinking Carling or Stella before the game will have an overall disadvantage cast against their football knowledge and will not be taken entirely seriously. The drinkers of these beverages will invariably originate from Rothley, Kirby Muxloe and Newtown Linford. I don’t think Wolverhampton has such desirable locations, so I can’t comment upon their potential posher postcodes.

Now I’m well aware Pedigree has closer ties to Burton, but as Marston’s goes, Pedi is a foreign import to Wolverhampton, which Wolves are currently most famous for.

As a drinker of both ales, it’s a tight choice, but for me, nothing beats a proper, well kept, “ahhhh he keeps his lines clean” pint of Pedigree.

Leicester 2 - Wolves 1

Local Celebrities:

Meera Syal vs Parminda Nagra

Not just because they both have Indian heritage, but to encourage how proud each city is of its diversity. (The Shire snowflakes shaking their heads  at this :D)

As an international acting career and overall hotness, (don’t write in saying that’s sexist, it’s not) Parminda wins this hands down.

Yet Meera, as a national treasure, being in “Goodness Gracious Me’ and "going our for an English" wins.

Leicester 2 - Wolves 2

So finally, we have to have a football related comparison.

Famous Fans:

We have Gary Lineker, he presented Match of the Day in his pants because of us, that wins anything.

They think it’s all over…hang on. 

In Robert Plant, Wolverhampton have a fan who scored with his fans more times than Lineker ever did, (only just though, allegedly)

The Led Zep legend loves Wolves and is an honorary vice-president of the club. 

Both have been involved in take overs for their clubs, so both are exceptional loyalists to their clubs. 

It’s a close call with this, so I’ll award each team a point.

Leicester 3 - Wolves 3

So, the game finished 3-3 with no clear winner

Each City is as good as each other and so the argument rages on.

As for the football game on Sunday, 3-3 is a highly plausible result too.

A fair result but I can't help but think their Pedigree goal was a clear offside.

Tiger Bottles – Everards Brewery
  • Like 1