Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Wolves Pre-match

6 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Under and Vardy seem to click -- a front line of Barnes Vardy and Under should be able to unlock the Wolves, (I hope!)

Really want to see this. Let's go for it and play our game, rather than worry about the opposition. Those 3 with Maddison behind them please.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

Just got round to catching up with this. Traore is unlikely to start, he's been rubbish off the bench recently. And we won't play any kind of high press. We always play the low block, with occasionally closing defenders down. 

This is our best team at the minute:

Patricio

Boly     Coady    Kilman

Semedo  Dendoncker  Neves  Ait-Nouri

Neto                       Podence                          

Jimenez 

He might play Marcal at LWB as he's fit again now, but I hope not. Ait-Nouri was excellent against Palace. A WB who is intelligent in his positioning and can pass and move. Hope he starts again. 

A very tough game for us. We've been trying to evolve away from the sit in and counter-attack style this season but I still expect you to have plenty more possession and us to revert back to that for the majority of the game. We're a strange team at times so far this season because Nuno is trying to get new ideas into the players. We've looked terrible and excellent in different games so I don't know what result to expect tomorrow. We've done well against you since we came up so I'm just hoping for more of the same kind of performances.

Oh and can VAR please let us score a goal this time?!! :rolleyes:

This will be quiet interesting. 

We will likely line up the exact same as that but interestingly, we have been moving into more of a low block and counter attack style whilst you are going the other way so I can't wait to see how it plays out. 

Hopefully your lot take control of possession, that seems to suit us at the moment. 

34 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

We are yet to work these out. I feel all three results are equally likely. Last year’s games were dire and neither team deserved any points for either of them, in fact what’s the record for consecutive 0-0s in a fixture?

Last season we were the poorer team but under Puel we seemed to be able to at least cause their defence some problems and I think that's because we tried to play them at the own game a bit and let them have the ball, we mustn't think we can pass them to death as that's what they want.

6 hours ago, The Bear said:

Just got round to catching up with this. Traore is unlikely to start, he's been rubbish off the bench recently. And we won't play any kind of high press. We always play the low block, with occasionally closing defenders down. 

Patricio

Boly     Coady    Kilman

Jimenez 

He might play Marcal at LWB as he's fit again now, but I hope not. Ait-Nouri was excellent against Palace. A WB who is intelligent in his positioning and can pass and move. Hope he starts again. 

A very tough game for us. We've been trying to evolve away from the sit in and counter-attack style this season but I still expect you to have plenty more possession and us to revert back to that for the majority of the game. We're a strange team at times so far this season because Nuno is trying to get new ideas into the players. We've looked terrible and excellent in different games so I don't know what result to expect tomorrow. We've done well against you since we came up so I'm just hoping for more of the same kind of performances.

Serious question, do you find it a bit boring now, only playing 1 game a week after last season? 

I know it's easier when you are winning, but you had a good run too (even if we are currently making it look a bit easier, genuinely not a dig, just thinking about the differences between our current circumstances and your lot last season.) 

I'm sure you appreciate the time between games for recovery, but purely as a fan, looking forward to matches, it's ace. Shit or bust every week, then a long boring international break which can actually be appreciated cos even as a fan it's exhausting. 

Just interested in your thoughts. Interesting that as well as we are doing, alongside your comments, beat us and you go above us and right back in the mix big time. 

Like you, no idea how it will go, reasonably confident but mostly just hopeful based on how surprisingly well it is going for us but equally wary as fook as we know you have what it takes to do us. Personally found you boring against us for obvious reasons based on our games only (I don't even watch other games as a neutral on motd so that's all I have to go on), but very efficient up front, in taking the few chances you've had, (or at least putting a good argument for how you could easily have come out winners in our bore draws) 

Please advise, 

Regards.... 😉

Edited by gw_leics772

5 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Really want to see this. Let's go for it and play our game, rather than worry about the opposition. Those 3 with Maddison behind them please.

But playing our game (or at least our most successful recent game) is not that. 

And still think under is better as a sub against tired legs, at least for the time being anyway as he definitely has what we need to be a regular starter. 

4 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Both teams to literally just stand still at kick off and let the ball stand in the centre spot 

I said something similar a while back when our "defensive" approach (albeit yielding a shit load of goals scored) was floated as a permanent set up going forwards. 

It just can't be done by both teams unless they purposely just give the ball away with fake sloppy passes. 

Someone has to take the initiative, Wolves won't as they've been playing this way for so long, and although it would be easier without home fans getting on their backs, I just think we have a bit too much about us to try to force that approach. Whether that is playing into their hands or not, I expect to find out tomorrow. 

Predicting the popular tight as shit, likely frustrating and possibly boring match, but truly hoping for us to continue where we left off and set down yet another marker that we have truly arrived! Setting us up for yet another "biggest test so far/acid test" against Liverpool, where even if they tonked us, we should still be in a better position than last year, to just accept it and move on, with thankfully a much kinder fixture list than last time. (still think it was the toughest 2 games in a row that gave us a reality check, which knocked our confidence and played a big part in last year's shite end to a mad season.) 

Edited by gw_leics772

13 hours ago, The Bear said:

Patricio

Boly     Coady    Kilman

Jimenez 

Just out of interest, do wolves stick with this shape for full games? Or do they mix it up on the final 30 or so mins like we have been doing recently? 

14 hours ago, The Bear said:

Patricio

Boly     Coady    Kilman

Jimenez 

Traore is an odd one.The kind of player who opposing fans fear,  but people who see him every week are less sure of. Impressive athlete - not much of a footballer. 

That Podence bloke though. Looks very fair. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

As much as I dislike Wolves I respect what they've done since getting promoted. I also really like Nuno, one of the nicer premier league managers

2 hours ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

Absolutely sums my thoughts. Nino is a class act.

He is. Very respectful which is different to the norm. 

... but he's a bit creepy.