Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Kasper Schmeichel

21 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Best keeper in my lcfc lifetime, with honourable mentions for Wallington, Keller, Flowers etc.

He's a true servant of the club and probably the best in ability since Shilton. 

Ian Walker was good too. 

4 minutes ago, Jack1993 said:

Not sure how that’s relevant to the Notts Forest colours used! 

Its a Danish flag. He plays for Leicester and is danish. Dont really see an issue.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jack1993 said:

Not sure how that’s relevant to the Notts Forest colours used! 

This guy is on the wind up way too early on a Sunday morning.......

Surely????...............

No one is that stupid??????

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jack1993 said:

I don’t think they’ll be able to do much unfortunately mate, it looks like it was painted by hand 

At least they can probably distinguish Denmark's flag colours from Forest though, so all is not lost... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

At least they can probably distinguish Denmark's flag colours from Forest though, so all is not lost... 

Well I hope they would, can’t see how it’s relevant but only a child would get that wrong lol glad we’re on the same page 

He’s not perfect but he is a good goalkeeper and a good fit for where we are as a club. That in itself is an amazing achievement when you consider we were a mid-table Championship outfit when he signed for us.

When you think about some of the seemingly (at the time) equally decent players we signed or were already in the team when he arrived who’ve dropped off along the way it’s all the more impressive that he’s still here, saving penalties in Champions League knockout games and being a permanent fixture in a top

half PL side. The likes of Dyer, Nugent, King, Morgan - all of whom great parts of our recent history but all of whom quietly faded out at different points in Kasper’s time with us.

400 games for the same club is pretty rare at any point in football history let alone today. It would be great if he could get to 500.

Serious question though, that’s 400 apps for the club. How many can he get? Assuming he stays fit and avoids suspensions he’ll be on around 425 maybe more depending on cups at the end of this season.

Would need another 2 full seasons to hit 500? Is that possible?

Another 5 seasons to hit the 600 and most apps of all time?

He appears to look after himself well and is in as good form as ever.

I personally think he’ll beat Mark Wellington’s 460 and possibly get close to 500, which would be phenomenal in this day and age.

Nothing but respect for every thing he has done for the club and continues to do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ttfn said:

He’s not perfect but he is a good goalkeeper and a good fit for where we are as a club. That in itself is an amazing achievement when you consider we were a mid-table Championship outfit when he signed for us.

When you think about some of the seemingly (at the time) equally decent players we signed or were already in the team when he arrived who’ve dropped off along the way it’s all the more impressive that he’s still here, saving penalties in Champions League knockout games and being a permanent fixture in a top

half PL side. The likes of Dyer, Nugent, King, Morgan - all of whom great parts of our recent history but all of whom quietly faded out at different points in Kasper’s time with us.

400 games for the same club is pretty rare at any point in football history let alone today. It would be great if he could get to 500.

Agree with this. I think at times he's benefitted from not having too much competition but you can't deny that when it mattered (survival run-in, title season, Champions League) he's stepped up and he's having a good season now.

All managers we've had (bar Puel obviously) have been more than happy to have him around, despite the diva stuff spoken about on here. Schmeichel himself seems to relish being a leader and having responsibility and we can give him that whereas I'm not sure he'd have that elsewhere. Being national team number one means he's settled in that respect, too.

If he's fit and we're in Europe again, I think he'll reach 500 in the next two or three years.