Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Kasper Schmeichel

42 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Some time pub keeper (unpopular opinion) who has been absolutely excellent now for a couple of months. Hats off to him, MOTM tonight no question.

Unpopular opinion because it's ridiculous. Pub keeper?! Jesus wept

• Like 1

Surely one of, if not the best shot stopper in the league? 

Just wish he would stop putting us in danger with those floated passes he loves to the wingbacks, that 50% of the time lead to the opposition winning the ball and attacking our box. I get the idea and when it works, it is great but he attempts it even when it's not on IMO

Anyway, I digress.. MOTM today!

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

Surely one of, if not the best shot stopper in the league? 

Just wish he would stop putting us in danger with those floated passes he loves to the wingbacks, that 50% of the time lead to the opposition winning the ball and attacking our box. I get the idea and when it works, it is great but he attempts it even when it's not on IMO

Anyway, I digress.. MOTM today!

FYI @dmayne7 😌

15 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

FYI @dmayne7 😌

That's a far cry from calling him a pub keeper isn't it. In fact most keepers at that level can barely kick the ball that far!

Not only one of the best keepers in the League, one of the best in Europe. Only have to look at his consistency for club and country, alongside the opinions of other football fans who seem to universally rate him (and we all know it's easier to be critical of your own keeper since you see the  general faults compared to the snippets you see of other team's keepers which either highlights the great saves or errors).

Distribution suspect at times no arguments there but those diagonal balls are clearly an instruction as he never used to do that.

...add his excellent communication to that list. 

Empty stadiums have one positive, we can now hear how Kasper manages the game. Constantly shouting out instructions and making sure everyone is doing their job and aware of dangers. 

I often find myself thinking "don't foul, don't foul!" and then split second later Kasper is screaming out the same thing! lol

You're absolutely right though, clearly been instructed to do those diagonal balls as much as possible, I just think they are too often telegraphed and easily attacked and can cause more problems that they are worth. 

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Empty stadiums have one positive, we can now hear how Kasper manages the game. Constantly shouting out instructions and making sure everyone is doing their job and aware of dangers. 

I often find myself thinking "don't foul, don't foul!" and then split second later Kasper is screaming out the same thing! lol

You're absolutely right though, clearly been instructed to do those diagonal balls as much as possible, I just think they are too often telegraphed and easily attacked and can cause more problems that they are worth. 

I think we all knew that about him but as you say, it's fact now that we can hear it. Might not be the best keeper in the world but there are very few who are better by a distance, so when you add in how critical his leadership on and off the pitch is, there's a reason we've never tried to replace him. Obviously that time will start to come in the next couple of years sadly but hopefully the makeup of the team will be able to cope.

Bring back his massive punts on the counterattack I say; got some assists from those bad boys.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

"No foul, no foul, SQUEEEZE!"

• Haha 1

The best moment of the burnley game was when cloudhury squared the ball to a burnley player miles from any blue shirts, but got let off by the ref. Followed by a bellowed ‘what the f is going on’ ... we all know who shouted that. lol

genuine question to the fans behind the goals, did you hear this sort of thing every game? 

At times he can be so frustrating with rubbish distribution and an ability to come out a few yards to catch or punch a ball a way (especially with out team of dodgy headers!), but there is no doubt he is one of the best shot stoppers in the league and he proved it yesterday. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Analysethis said:

At times he can be so frustrating with rubbish distribution and an inability to come out a few yards to catch or punch a ball a way (especially with out team of dodgy headers!), but there is no doubt he is one of the best shot stoppers in the league and he proved it yesterday. 

This. I love him too, but sometimes his poor to mediocre distribution, and his absolute refusal to come for a ball crossed into his 6 yard box, cost us and get the better of me.

The fact is ALL players have a weakness. Poor left foot or right foot, can't head a ball, not strong in tackles etc. Schmeichel's ability far outweigh his weaknesses and I just wonder with all the top drawer saves he has made this season where would we be? I'm sure some statto can work it out and let us know.

kasper schemichels shot stoping, presence and leadership are so good that if he was commanding against crosses he wouldn't be here, he would have spend the last 5 years at real Madrid or bayern Munich. 

We shouldn't be moaning about his weaknesses we should be celebrating them because with out them he would have been off a long time ago. 

PS I don't accept that his distribution is a weakness, he tries a lot more risky passes than most other keepers and the risk of giving the ball away is a lot higher but the rewards are greater too when it comes off hence why brendan instructs him to do it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

think sanchez's should make fans think twice about saying kasper needs to be more dominant in the air

sanchez one of best in league at amount he claims, but obviously comes with a risk; kasper backs himself to make the save from the header and i think this year the strategy has more or less worked

also unrelated, how great has it been having a world class striker and goalkeeper at this club for the last 5 years, trying to imagine telling myself when we had henderson in goal and howard up front what the future of this club had in store

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Another crucial and amazing save at 1-1 with about 10 mins to go 

Been a strong feature this season. He's not had too many blinders where he's made a lot of saves but seemingly in each game he makes one brilliant, vital save.

• Thanks 1