Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Kasper Schmeichel

Some of his distribution yesterday was terrible and put us immediately back under pressure ..  which can lower morale when players have just worked their socks off to nullify an attack.   I know his shot stopping and leadership are superb but when balanced against his (overall) poor distribution and inability to come and collect high balls and command his area ...   that would AT LEAST suggest he should have strong competition for his position.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I wonder if they have a wrist strengthening room at the new state of the art training facility 

He's got a bionic metal wrist, broke that same hand while making a save against Copenhagen in the CL.

5 hours ago, ian__marshall said:

It'll be interesting to see if he sticks around the club when he retires. I appreciate his family is up in the North West but get the impression he has a deep connection with the club.

I was thinking about the helicopter tradegy the other day and how that impacted Kasper on a personal level given that he seemed to have a close relationship with Vichai and the fact that he witnessed the incident and the immediate aftermath. Psychologically that must be with him everyday. 

I'd love him to be involved long term but have a feeling that he'll disappear up to the North West and we'll occasionally see him for the odd guest appearance. 

I was actually thinking the same the other day. Says an incredible amount about him as a person and his mentality. Love the guy

5 hours ago, Plastik Man said:

Still scratching my head on that challenge on Tielemans by McTominay. He appeared to win it by 3 falls and a submission. In fact scratch that, he didn't even win the ball!

That passage of play was ridiculous. Vardy fouled afterwards as well. Dean is just an awful ref.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Some of his distribution yesterday was terrible and put us immediately back under pressure ..  which can lower morale when players have just worked their socks off to nullify an attack.   I know his shot stopping and leadership are superb but when balanced against his (overall) poor distribution and inability to come and collect high balls and command his area ...   that would AT LEAST suggest he should have strong competition for his position.

The distribution is the big thing for me, the rest he's either excellent or average at imo. The ball out to the full backs is so bad. I'd rather he just launched it than play that ball.

• Like 1

Brilliant keeper but I’d be lying if I said a bit of wee doesn’t come out every time he has the ball at his feet or decides to throw it to one of our lads when they’re surrounded by opposition players. An absolute bomb scare at times. Love him though.

18 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

That passage of play was ridiculous. Vardy fouled afterwards as well. Dean is just an awful ref.

Yea that was a clear foul on Vardy but the Tielemans one I don’t think is. It was a risky move by Youri and McTominay has managed to read it well and get his body in front (the first time all game, McTominay was no where near him most of the time).

20 hours ago, Countryfox said:

We aren't going to buy another keeper and Ward its no were near his level.

All keepers have their weaknesses as do all outfield players. The problem is that if a goalkeeper makes a mistake it usually gets highlighted out of all proportion or in many cases ends up a goal. An outfield player can inadvertently pass to the opposition, miss and open goal, not put a tackle in and the situation isn't as half as serious. Kasper is certainly one of the top keepers in the EPL and I doubt, at present, we could better him even if we wanted to.

Edited by David Hankey

20 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

All keepers have their weaknesses as do all outfield players. The problem is that if a goalkeeper makes a mistake it usually gets highlighted out of all proportion or in many cases ends up a goal. An outfield player can inadvertently pass to the opposition, miss and open goal, not put a tackle in and the situation isn't as half as serious. Kasper is certainly one of the top keepers in the EPL and I doubt, at present, we could better him even if we wanted to.

I don’t have any qualms with Kasper, he is what he is and I’m happy with that.

A keeper passing to a fullback or centre half is nothing like players passing in open play further up the pitch mind you. Kaspers passes should usually be very simple. 

A gift to us all. Thank God we have him. Can't even think of how many matches he has kept us in or saved.

And that's just since Rodgers has been here. World class.

1 minute ago, Jonezy said:

It looked pretty poor though. Getting beat at the near post from that angle. 

Yeah it looked poor, but you could also say it was unlucky. He was at the near post and despite him having great reflexes, he's beat by a powerful and precise effort. 8 times out of ten, that shot hits Kasper.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Tbf Shen, it was ****ing absolutely embarrassingly bad. The second time this month he's cost us. 

It ****ing wasn't embarrassingly bad, behave. Poor yes, arguably, but come on.

Poor mistake sure but Tielemans useless in his defending, Evans has to do more to stop the ball coming in and either Mendy or Thomas should have stopped the move long before. Easy to slag the goalkeeper for something more glaring than the litany of mistakes that led to the situation