Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Kasper Schmeichel

the world class saves are great but the simple stuff is more important as they happen more often, it was a tame side footed volley not a vicious shot he could barely react to, it seemed to go straight through him with that little pace on it a minor deflection, if there was one, off of Justin would have made very little difference.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, shailen said:

Was it me or was there a slight deflection from Justin which may have diverted the ball slightly and wrong footed Kasper. 

I'm glad other people have spotted this too. I didn't notice it at first but when you see the angle behind the goal, you can see the shot gets a faint touch off Justin's boot which diverts the ball past Kasper, and of course he doesn't have time to react. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

the world class saves are great but the simple stuff is more important as they happen more often, it was a tame side footed volley not a vicious shot he could barely react to, it seemed to go straight through him with that little pace on it a minor deflection, if there was one, off of Justin would have made very little difference.

It would have made a huge difference. Kasper has set himself and the deflection diverts it past him. 

Edited by Jonaldinho
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

It's not even necessarily the severity of the deflection. Think Kasper was waiting to see what would happen if it touched Justin's boot on instinct to not be wrong footed, but the shot was caught so sweetly that he basically had no time to adjust. I usually have little sympathy for keepers beaten at their near post but make exception in this case. 

His contract runs out in June 2023. He'll be few months shy of his 37th birthday. Better start looking for a replacement now, as his decline is around the corner. Better keepers than him (Cech, Casillas, Lloris etc) have declined massively by the time they hit 34. 

Great shot stopper, produced multiple game saving moments in the last 10 years. Still goes missing on corners and free kicks.

Edited by Koke

4 minutes ago, Corky said:

Thought his distribution was much better today and his positioning to cut out two counter-attacks very impressive.

Yep. Don't think any kicks went out of play today either.

He was like Neuer-possessed for that first one he cut out!

is he up to 400 games for us next time out, our most capped player in the 21st century, a legend not appreciated enough imo

think for any other club with our size and pedigree, he would easily be their best keeper of all time, just a bit of an oddity we have had banks & shilton; often think maybe that might contribute to some of reason people do not show him respect he deserves on here

• Like 4

What counts as "claimable"? Is it based on the area the ball is delivered, number of defenders marking the goalkeeper, height of the ball when it's in the goalkeeper's area etc.? Or some individual watching every corner in the PL this season and making a subjective call?

2 hours ago, eblair said:

Probably schmeichel’s biggest fan but this interesting on him at corners

2492E657-0CB5-4A4B-BF6D-344CF9C72B7B.png

Maybe unpopular but i would rather schmeichel who doesnt try to claim them that often and succeeds when he does than mccarthy who constantly tries to claim corners but misses 1 in 6. If you look at it most of the best keepers have 100% success rate, coming out for a corner and fumbling/missing it isnt acceptable tbh.

Edited by honeybradger
  • Like 1

I'm loving how much you hear him screaming during (non-artificial-crowd-noise option) games recently. It's an insight into his mentality.

Although it would really piss me off having to defend in front of him...

The guy never shuts up. 

Earache!

19 minutes ago, Skulking Around said:

Kasper's gone back-to-back for Danish Footballer of the Year.

That's his third time now, the same amount his dad won.

Not a lot of competition tbf. Bit like winning the most intelligent man in Coventry award.