Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Kasper Schmeichel

4 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Serious question though, that’s 400 apps for the club. How many can he get? Assuming he stays fit and avoids suspensions he’ll be on around 425 maybe more depending on cups at the end of this season.

Would need another 2 full seasons to hit 500? Is that possible?

Another 5 seasons to hit the 600 and most apps of all time?

He appears to look after himself well and is in as good form as ever.

I personally think he’ll beat Mark Wellington’s 460 and possibly get close to 500, which would be phenomenal in this day and age.

Nothing but respect for every thing he has done for the club and continues to do.

End of this season he'll likely be 6th behind Walshy. 500 is doable which would put him 3rd. I think anything beyond that may be a bit too much.

1 minute ago, nabb7 said:

So was his 400th Southampton or Stoke? Club seem to think Southampton but pundits and Wiki reckon that was 401st

We're not counting the Community Shield as a competitive game, whereas the pundits on Saturday were.

It is a glorfied friendly but i don't see how it can't be included in his appearance list for us.

3 hours ago, nabb7 said:

So was his 400th Southampton or Stoke? Club seem to think Southampton but pundits and Wiki reckon that was 401st

It's the same with Vardy's goal tally - it depends on whether the Charity Shield is considered a competitive game or not.

Most seem to say it is, but the club don't seem to include it in their records.

Same reason Graham Cross officially only made 599 appearances for the club and not 600 - because the club didn't count the 1971 Charity Shield as a competitive fixture either.

However other clubs include it in theirs. Man United's official website includes Wayne Rooney's, Bobby Charlton's and Ryan Giggs' charity shield appearances and goals in their records for example.

Edited by Sampson

5 minutes ago, Sampson said:

It's the same with Vardy's goal tally - it depends on whether the Charity Shield is considered a competitive game or not.

Most seem to say it is, but the club don't seem to include it in their records.

Same reason Graham Cross officially only made 599 appearances for the club and not 600 - because the club didn't count the 1971 Charity Shield as a competitive fixture either.

However other clubs include it in theirs. Man United's official website includes Wayne Rooney's, Bobby Charlton's and Ryan Giggs' charity shield appearances and goals in their records for example.

It's classed as a non-competitive fixture by the FA.

9 minutes ago, Rain King said:

It's classed as a non-competitive fixture by the FA.

Google seems to give mixed results on this. I can find sources on both ESPN and Talksport claiming that the FA consider it both competitive and non competitive. However can find nothing on the FA website clarifying it.

However UEFA's website seems to have a couple of references to it as a domestic Super Cup, which would make it a competitive game.

It would be good if there was an official source from the FA clarifying it once and for all.

Edited by Sampson

2 hours ago, Charl91 said:

I think he gets underrated a lot on here.

When we eventually have to replace him, people might appreciate how good he actually is.

Was about to say the same, when the look at the clangers other keepers make pretty regularly, he's incredibly consistent.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Rain King said:

I think the fact you can make 6 subs shows it is a friendly with a trophy. It's just a step up from the Brian Clough Trophy 

You can make the same number of subs in the Spanish Super Cup, which is considered a competitive game though for example.

We've been in UEFA Cup and League Cup games this season you could make 5 subs as well tbf.

And international friendlies you used to be able to make 11, but they still go towards your goal and appearance records.

So I don't think the number of subs matters on the classification of it or anything.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Think a lot of our fans underrate him. Overall I would say in terms of what he provides us (good goalkeeper, excellent communicator and role model off the pitch for the younger players) he’s one of the most influential keepers in the league.

• Like 1