Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Kasper Schmeichel

On 03/01/2021 at 20:05, Corky said:

A lot of the senior players are. Kasper, Vardy, Evans, Albrighton, Fuchs was up to a few weeks ago.

Serious leaders in that dressing room.

I've never been in the dressing room but I suspect your last sentence is correct and I think a very very positive thing for the team and not to be understimated. Kasper and Vardy in particular it seems to me have been very loyal to the club and great morale boosters on and off the pitch. Vardy sets such a good example, always a trier even when he's on his own up front. Barnes, Evans,Wes,Albrighton, Justin seem to have a lot of the same and luckily I think its also true to some extent of most of the squad. I don't get any insider information but If I'm right it says a lot for Brendan Rogers too. Apart from niggles like game time which are inevitable if a squad is being used properly, we don't seem to have any malcontents. Just one of those can damage any team. I blamed Baxter for the speed of Forest's rapid decline including probably making Cloughie's eventual drink problem worse but I did n't have insider knowledge there either and might be wrong. I don't think Pogba has been a good signing for Man U for similar reasons,

6 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Noted in the last commentary that whilst midway through comparing him to his dad as every comm seems to do, they managed to actually praise Kasper for the career he's produced

He's had a brilliant career. Look at other players who've got famous fathers- Alex Bruce, Tom Ince- and what Kasper has achieved compared to them is startling.

For me, I was a keeper when growing up and Peter was the iconic goalkeeper of that time. To then see his son stay at the club I follow for a decade, play 400 times and win titles with us is remarkable.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Corky said:

He's had a brilliant career. Look at other players who've got famous fathers- Alex Bruce, Tom Ince- and what Kasper has achieved compared to them is startling.

Has there been a better son to follow his father in English football in the past 25-30 years?

The only one I can think of who might come close is Ian Wright and Shaun Wright-Phillips.

10 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

The only one I can think of who might come close is Ian Wright and Shaun Wright-Phillips.

SWP never really got going though did he? 400 odd appearances in his career, the last 100 or so of which were at QPR, New York Red Bull and Phoenix Rising FC. 

Heck he only scored 4 goals in his 3 years at Chelsea. 

Paolo Maldini wasn't too bad following in his father's footsteps lol

Cesare Maldini was an Italian international and won the title with Milan before his son turned up and decided to be the best left back in the world for 10 years straight!

Paolo has a son, Danielle who is also in the Milan squad at the moment, but plays as an attacking midfielder. No pressure! :ph34r:

• Like 2

Frank Lampard is the obvious answer. Jamie Redknapp and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain have had good careers too.

Edited by Sampson

24 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Paolo Maldini wasn't too bad following in his father's footsteps lol

Cesare Maldini was an Italian international and won the title with Milan before his son turned up and decided to be the best left back in the world for 10 years straight!

Paolo has a son, Danielle who is also in the Milan squad at the moment, but plays as an attacking midfielder. No pressure! :ph34r:

11 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Frank Lampard is the obvious answer. Jamie Redknapp and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain have had good careers too.

To be fair the original question was has there been a better father son in English football in the past 25 years. I took that to mean both father and son played in English football in the past 25 years.

Move away from this and the Maldini family is the obvious stand out.

There are quite a few in world football at the minute with exceptional fathers who are beginning to make their way in the game Hagi, Kluivert, Simeone, Weah, Larssson etc.

Then there’s Haaland, who’s father was a decent Premier League player nothing special but a good player and Erling who is absolutely top draw.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

You're all forgetting Paul and Harvey Barnes. It seems like Paul's career gets better every time Harvey scores.

With this in mind, I don’t think Paul ever played for us, please someone correct me if I’m wrong.

Have we ever had a father/son who have both played for us? 

28 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

With this in mind, I don’t think Paul ever played for us, please someone correct me if I’m wrong.

Have we ever had a father/son who have both played for us? 

None spring to mind in recent history. Can only think of brothers that have played for us. The Oakes brothers, and Allan and Wayne Clarke. Though I'm sure there must be more.

Suprised how many long passes Kasper makes, but from looking at that he is certainly not the worst at it or as bad as people seem to make it out to be at times

4th best long passing of the keepers in the 'Other 14', and I can't imagine all of the big 6 keepers will have better long passing accuracy

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, Corky said:

Kasper's long passing has always been good.

Sometimes.

Some days he can ping every pass around the park and not put a foot wrong, others not so much!

I think I'd class his distribution like my physics teacher predicted my grade "anything from an A-F, who knows"!

I actually think he is getting better. I wouldn't swap him for anyone at the moment based on his influence and performances. 

He seems demanding of others which is massive when today, 100% effort and body on the line attitude isn't a given. 

His shot stopping, reaction work and closing angles for 1 on 1's are all match saving.

• Like 1

On 07/01/2021 at 21:00, Nalis said:

There was a stage when we debated whether Kasper, Hamer or Schwarzer should be our 1st choice, pretty sure there were even polls/thread on it here.

Feels like a lifetime ago.

My mate and teacher both laughed at me during the 13/14 championship winning season because I claimed he was better than Tim Krul

Edited by Trelleh
  • Haha 2