Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hmmmm.....

 

A, C and E are the best designs, though E looks a bit Polish - and F a bit Brazilian.

 

D is "Foxes for Socialism", one for the LCFC Supporters Club (Marxist-Leninist).....and what the hell is Ollie Hague thinking with B? "I-heart-the-Royal Family"?!?

  • Haha 1
Guest Harrydc
Posted

None of them are particularly appealing, but if I had to vote I would say A. 

 

I think something that demonstrates Leicesters success and how multi cultural we are as a city would be brilliant. 

Posted
52 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Hmmmm.....

 

A, C and E are the best designs, though E looks a bit Polish - and F a bit Brazilian.

 

D is "Foxes for Socialism", one for the LCFC Supporters Club (Marxist-Leninist).....and what the hell is Ollie Hague thinking with B? "I-heart-the-Royal Family"?!?

Isn't B a represenatation of Richard III's crown?

  • Like 1
Posted

Surely we can do better than those designs. They look like they have been sketched up on someone's lunch break.

How many teeth does a fox have? I don't know but it must be more than 2.

Any possibility of incorporating the colour Royal Blue into a design?

Posted
33 minutes ago, Stadt said:

The foxes aren't centred very well and they look a bit NFL. Go LieChesterShire Fox Hounds!

 

Good spot - it's very lazy design (as they're uniform I think readers will have sent in their ideas and they've all been remade by the same designer). They have centred the entire fox graphic, however it should be the body/head centred and the tail would flow off of it. Pretty shoddy

 

They are all pretty garbage, but I'd go for C or E, at least they sort of resemble this kind of thing

 

B is god awful - that is the worst heart I've ever seen, and what the hell is a heart doing on a flag? D is like someone's tried to redraw the LCFC badge and got it horribly wrong

  • Like 2
Posted

Critic is the world's easiest profession so I'll try to be limited in my evaluation.

 

I don't really think that any of the designs is outstanding, and wonder what the panel shortlisting them used as acceptance criteria.  Having said that there are a number of other county flags that I don't like either, I wouldn't have been able to identify them in a quiz, for example.

 

https://britishcountyflags.com/english-county-flags/

 

In my opinion the best designs are the simple ones so a realistic representation of a fox on a single colour background would be my preference - probably gold on green.

Posted
25 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Surely just the red background and the cinquefoil from E would be smart enough?

The cinquefoil is only really a symbol of the city though, hence the fox too.

 

I guess the reason the foxes look like they're all on crack is because the Flag Institute needs them to look like that? They're pretty strict on criteria in terms of how things can look on flags.

  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...