Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Liverpool (a) - Match Thread

I’m very suprised Praet isn’t In! He’s so underrated when we have this formation because he makes things happen up the pitch.

I fear Mendy and Tielemens as usual will struggle to dominate the midfield and get overrun.

Maddison is good on the ball but might be icolated with Vardy and Barnes if we can’t win the midfield battle. Praet I’m as a 3 would take the load off a bit more.

Thought we would go for it more with their injuries but looks like we’re playing into their hands a bit.

Just now, deanolegend1989 said:

I’m very suprised Praet isn’t In! He’s so underrated when we have this formation because he makes things happen up the pitch.

I fear Mendy and Tielemens as usual will struggle to dominate the midfield and get overrun.

Maddison is good on the ball but might be icolated with Vardy and Barnes if we can’t win the midfield battle. Praet I’m as a 3 would take the load off a bit more.

Thought we would go for it more with their injuries but looks like we’re playing into their hands a bit.

What?

• Like 1

Liverpool have put out a strong team. I hope our players haven’t listened too much to the press about how this will be Liverpool’s toughest game of the season, that they’re there for the taking etc etc... 

Usually when I see these reports we lose. Sometimes heavily.

I’m expecting us to play the same game plan as Man City and Arsenal.  We’ll be “negative” to begin with. Lull them into a false sense of security. And hope they don’t get the first goal. I reckon at half-time we’ll be going on about BR’s negative tactics and how we need to go forward more. And then we will. Hoping I’m wrong in thinking we’ll lose (2-1, Vardy for us), but if we can play as we did at Man City we’ll be fine...

15 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Ffs Brendan. What kind of team is that??????

(It's ok really, just carrying on the negativity which usually does us well)

13 minutes ago, reynard said:

Castagne? let's hope there hasn't been a set back with his injury.

This will be very tough.I'd take a point.

11 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Still think they'll win. Was hoping our side might be more nearer to our stronger side.

9 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Should of started with praet. 

1 minute ago, deanolegend1989 said:

*nods enthusiastically*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I've said all week that liverpool have over played their injury issues and it was all mind games from Klopp. Imagine my shock that all their "doubtful' players are in the starting 11.

No Henderson or even Thiago who it was thought might be available earlier in the week.

2 minutes ago, martyn said:

No Henderson or even Thiago who it was thought might be available earlier in the week.

Matip, Robertson and Fabinho all in though. The way the press have banged the drum all week you would think they were having to drag people in off the streets to play.

• Haha 1