Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Facecloth

We need to talk about Jonny Evans

40 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

It's very unlike us to let a first team regular get to 6 months left on their contract.

There are lots of defenders to find slots for so Evans is probably ripe for a 12 month with option to renew contract like Wes Morgan and Christian Fuchs have had for the last few years. He isn't the future and he doesn't have as illustrious a past in a Blue LC shirt as the other two.

I think he is playing despite carrying an injury. If he is struggling with his back as has been speculated then this will obviously affect his confidence as he will be concerned about breaking down etc. Also his mobility will be affected to some degree. 

Maybe the club are still waiting on a long term prognosis from the medics before committing to contract talks although this is not usually their style as they have always stood by players with injuries when it comes to contracts and this baffles me somewhat. Is there something else going on that we are not aware of with him?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rachhere said:

No they bloody well can't! 

Rather than possibly lose him on a free and enable us to get say a Tarkowski... it’s good business sadly. If he’s got 3 years left in him okay but with his back the way it is... Don’t get me wrong, hope signs up for 2 years but if he’s had his head turned to finish up his career at Man U, get him gone now for a fee rather than on a free... we wouldn’t get 25 million anyway I doubt!

Edited by Nick
  • Like 1

Guest Markyblue
13 minutes ago, Nick said:

Rather than possibly lose him on a free and enable us to get say a Tarkowski... it’s good business sadly. If he’s got 3 years left in him okay but with his back the way it is... Don’t get me wrong, hope signs up for 2 years but if he’s had his head turned to finish up his career at Man U, get him gone now for a fee rather than on a free... we wouldn’t get 25 million anyway I doubt!

Everything you said makes sense until the last comment, its man utd ask for 25 and they will give us 35.

All the sh*t sports rags over here are talking about Evans to Man Utd as if it's a done deal.

It isn't, obviously, but sums up succinctly how desperate the situation is for the Red Devils. The mental gymnastics on show to try and explain how this is in any way a good idea on their part is astounding. lol

Anybody got anything on what the dorks at Redcafé or other Manure forums are saying?

I can see man utd wanting him. Their defence is crap right now and needs leaders (sorry maguire, not). The irony would be massive. I've assumed his contract issues until now are down to these personal issues (please enlighten me?!). If I did know about utd approaching him last summer and he is playing us for fools then jog on. 5 months left before signing a contract is ridiculous unless hes holding out for bonuses that he wants given this will be his last major contract.

24 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I doubt Evans will go to Man United. He’ll look at Fuchs and Morgan still getting a nice wedge here and getting game time and see that we’ll be happier with him long term as a part of our squad.

He’ll only be a stop gap for Man U on a short contract until they can get some fancy Dan in for god knows how many million £s. 

Let's say man utd are desperate for a CB with a good brain for defence and cannot find one.

If he did go there on a 2 year contract his salary would be immense. Personally this is all pie in the sky though.