Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Facecloth

We need to talk about Jonny Evans

Anybody else finding his lack of discipline a little concerning? 5 yellow cards from 12 games now and he’s not even been available for all 12 of them taking into account his back injury and his suspension carrying over from last season.

Could tonight’s booking have been a tactical one to ensure he definitely makes the Spurs / United games? Seemed such a daft foul to make at 3-0 up! 

1 hour ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Anybody else finding his lack of discipline a little concerning? 5 yellow cards from 12 games now and he’s not even been available for all 12 of them taking into account his back injury and his suspension carrying over from last season.

Could tonight’s booking have been a tactical one to ensure he definitely makes the Spurs / United games? Seemed such a daft foul to make at 3-0 up! 

I doubt it.  With Soyuncu apparently close to fitness it makes no sense to take a suspension now.

10 hours ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

I still can't fathom why it was a yellow anyhow. It was just a simple, mistimed challenge. Not hard, not reckless, not dangerous, not cynical, not a cumulation of lots of fouls, didn't stop a break. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Evans is still of huge importance for us, but his distribution and awareness seems to have become worse. Few times a game now we get a pass that is straight to an opposition player, usually leading to a chance. Same with the few times I've noticed he's been megged and left stranded. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Evans is still of huge importance for us, but his distribution and awareness seems to have become worse. Few times a game now we get a pass that is straight to an opposition player, usually leading to a chance. Same with the few times I've noticed he's been megged and left stranded. 

He makes the odd mistake. All defenders do. But he’s hugely important for us! He’s one of the reasons why Soyuncu was so good last season, and why Fofana & JJ (& Amartey!) have looked so assured at CB this season. 

First name on the team sheet, now and for the foreseeable.

Best CB we’ve had since England won the World Cup!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Steve Earle said:

He makes the odd mistake. All defenders do. But he’s hugely important for us! He’s one of the reasons why Soyuncu was so good last season, and why Fofana & JJ (& Amartey!) have looked so assured at CB this season. 

First name on the team sheet, now and for the foreseeable.

Best CB we’ve had since England won the World Cup!

I don't disgaree at all, he is of exceptional importance to us. 

It was more I've noticed in a few games he's misplaced a simple pass that was nowhere near our player and left us open to the counter. @StanSP made a point how Kasper's distribution is under a magnifiying glass, whereas it's an aspect of Evan's game I've not seen scrutinised. 

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...