Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Facecloth

We need to talk about Jonny Evans

Just now, The whole world smiles said:

It's been an international break for 2 weeks plenty of time to make your point about Johnny Evans that apparently you have been feeling for "months" posting it in the middle of a game he's scored an own goal in and weve been hammered makes it look like scapegoating knee jerk bollocks. 

I'll admit the OG made me think of starting the thread, but I've said this a few times in recent months and it just gets brushed off as bollocks as apparently he's a Rolls Royce defender who's a class above. Maybe the OG was the final straw and I felt it needed a thread to push the conversation about it more.

3 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Have any of you been watching this?!? Fofana has really struggled, understandably, while Jonny has been solid.

I thought they were both poor today. Evans’ distribution was awful and young Wes lost his head. First poor game Fofana’s had for us. It didn’t help that to his right Marc Albrighton was having his own personal nightmare. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Have any of you been watching this?!? Fofana has really struggled, understandably, while Jonny has been solid.

Fofana had a worse game than Evans tonight. Agree on that. Not sure if Evans was solid but you're on the right lines.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

Unfortunately I think Soyuncu and Fofana together would be a bit too cavalier and would both get exposed without a serious calm pro beside them. Not that Evan's has been that today.

This is 100% an issue. Both love to dive in to win the ball early. Having two players like this is going to be risky. 

I’m still unsure how they would work together. Either side of Jonny however will be great. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Telling you now he’s injured. Playing games out of necessity. 

Yes. All that odd stuff about going with Northern Ireland and not playing, then in and out with niggles since. When Soyuncu is fit he'll be back in.

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

This is 100% an issue. Both love to dive in to win the ball early. Having two players like this is going to be risky. 

I’m still unsure how they would work together. Either side of Jonny however will be great. 

I think after a year or two of Premier League football Fofana will settle into the calm pro role so they'll be able to work together eventually. Also think Soyuncu will always give off mild David Luiz vibes though.