Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Facecloth

We need to talk about Jonny Evans

44 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Won`t base any judgement on one game, no matter how poor, and that applies to both Jonny and Wesley. Admittedly, Jonny's game was a bit of a shocker and he has of late not been at his best, whereas Fofana's was his first poor show, and even then still had some good parts.

Jonny has much more credit in the bank I would argue though. 

Me neither, and I'm not arguing for one over the other based on it.

I will say that Europe after we've done the biz on Thursday would be the perfect free hit for Project Soyfana

• Haha 1

Just now, turtmcfly said:

Me neither, and I'm not arguing for one over the other based on it.

I will say that Europe after we've done the biz on Thursday would be the perfect free hit for Project Soyfana

Deserves its own thread  lol

I believe that his head is still in that Liverpool match, he feels responsible for that loss, which he totally isn't IMO. Rodgers did good playing him tonight. It's was an important match and Evans needed that confidence and trust from his manager. 

It's just a mental thing and and it effects even a player of his caliber and his experience. 

Another smart decision from BR and it payed off in a way.

6 hours ago, Eskay said:

He's in some terrible form right now. 

5 hours ago, Always Next Year said:

Another below par game tonight.

It could be needs must...All the Reports over the last month,indicates to me he must be Carrying a couple of niggling injuries,which because of

Bline injury  shortages/problems the club is trying to manage it... Even Morgan seems to have a knock,that needs managing...

24 minutes ago, ftfagos said:

He doesn't look very happy to me. Noticed he doesn't seem to participate in any goal celebrations although I can understand not wanting to run the risk of anyone jumping on his back. Has this always been the case or has there been a falling out?

I noticed this. He didn’t seem happy at all yesterday. Although I think he tends to always look miserable unless he’s stealing taxis 

If he is suffering from a lower back problem, then it could be causing all sorts of mobility issues for him.  I had to stop playing a high level of football as a centre back due to a Chronic Lower back injury.  Ultimately, led to less power in my legs, couldn't stretch for those tackles that you'd normally win, couldn't accelerate as quick so struggled in the foot race against a forward, jumping was painful, hamstrings were tight. 

If he isn't "Fully" recovered, he could be finding it frustrating and those small percentages add up to struggling for positioning, winning the 50-50's etc. 

Edited by Greg2607
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Eskay said:

He's in some terrible form right now. 

16 hours ago, Always Next Year said:

Another below par game tonight.

Was he any worse than the other centre backs last night?

I don't think so.

Edited by Fox92

53 minutes ago, casablancas said:

I noticed this. He didn’t seem happy at all yesterday. Although I think he tends to always look miserable unless he’s stealing taxis 

Seemed happy enough in the Q&A. He does tend to have a serious face on him mostly, not sure he's miserable and it was just a wee borrow of the taxi surely....

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Has the look of someone who is worried about something at the minute. Whether that be bad form or his back is concerning him. No need for the over the top reactions, he was fine before his latest injury, if not right at his best. 

or this thread lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Seemed happy enough in the Q&A. He does tend to have a serious face on him mostly, not sure he's miserable and it was just a wee borrow of the taxi surely....

Because he's a winner and I like that.

I love seeing him in the tunnel prior  to a game, no pissing about he's just concentrating.

When we scored the 8th at Southampton he didn't want to celebrate he wanted to ball so we could get the 9th.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, casablancas said:

His Mum said" Jonny, If you've been drinking I want you to take a cab"

• Haha 2