Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

I wasn't there!

In a fun (not really fun, not at all) twist, I have two ‘I was there... and then I wasn’t there’s.

Being an annoying child with a much shorter attention span, forced my dad to leave slightly early at Home to Arsenal 03/04, missing the Hignett equaliser. Suffice to say he was fuming. Lesson learned, though.

Never left a game early again. Until...

Everton at home last season. Had a legitimate reason for going before full time but held on as long as I could. 88th minute or something like that. Knew what was coming before I even got into the stairwell.

Non ground attendance related.

I was visiting Leicester from Glasgow and went to watch the Man United away game on 01/05/2016 in the pub in Leicester with my family who still live locally, hoping that City would win and I would get to join the celebrations on the streets.

I had a few days off work at that time and I could have stayed in Leicester for the Chelsea v Spurs game the following day, but I thought Spurs would win and so I gambled on heading back northwards.

Ah well, it had a happy ending anyway  :scarf:

Man City away 2016.

Watford 0-3 when Knockaert scored.

Huddersfield away 2013/14.

Villa last season 1-4.

Stoke away 2014/15.

Burnley away 2014/15.

All European aways we've been robbed of this season.

Quite annoyed at some of those given I've been to probably 90% of our games in the last 10 years.

Edited by Dan LCFC

9 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Mods, can we have a name change to Leicester_Disloyal? 

Pub_Loyal 

Although I’m guilty of staying in the boozer and giving my ticket away about 10 mins before kick off. Or leaving at halftime back to the pub thinking the games gone/won. 

Orient away in the 1979/80 season. It was the last game of the season and although City were effectively promoted because of goal difference, it wasn't mathematically certain. But the 0-1 victory that day secured not only promotion but the 2nd Division Championship. My dad said we'd go but before the day before something came up which stopped us. So I had to settle for the Radio Leicester commentary instead as the supporters invaded the Brisbane Road pitch at then end.

I went to every home game that championship winning season season and a fair few away games too, including such exotic venues as Wrexham, Shrewsbury and Swansea but to this day I regret not being there at the end. 79/80 was a great season.

I was there for the Civic Reception a few days later at Town Hall Square when supporters danced in the fountain, the players displayed the trophy and Jock Wallace told us that next year we would be champions of England..

Even then, at a young age, I knew that could never happen.

Obligatory post for all of the non-UK supporters.

I wasn't there for any of it.  I did drive past Leicester during my trip to the UK summer '99.

Heck, I'm only about 4600 miles away, I must be a plastic for not attending more matches.

My list does contain a trip to see Leicester City.  Maybe 2023?

• Like 1

I don't regret many games as the reasons were often pre-existing commitments which meant I would never have been able to attend anyway.

The one thing I do wish I witnessed  though was the title parade and the whole of Leicester on the streets celebrating. Seeing the images of my home town on TV just wasn't the same.

All my family and friends here yet I missed out being away at uni. It was in the heart of my exam season so it wouldn't have been wise. But yes I do wish I just thought f*** it and travelled back for that one day at least. Can't imagine it ever being on that scale with that emotion again :cry:

Edited by TK95

11 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Mods, can we have a name change to Leicester_Disloyal? 

2 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Pub_Loyal 

Although I’m guilty of staying in the boozer and giving my ticket away about 10 mins before kick off. Or leaving at halftime back to the pub thinking the games gone/won. 

I think the Villa one was 2-2 by the time I got back to the publol I always used to stay in the pub as most of the lads I booze with never had STs, so going to the game would just get in the way and would sober me up. When it's away it's totally different as the lads will have tickets, so then we can stay together all day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Bruge away it looked absolutely incredible. I could only make one European away day and ended up doing Copenhagen for some reason with hindsight it was a strange choice as a pint of beer was about 12 quid. 

Still could have been worse I could have picked Porto! 

I went to Porto lol