Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Diego Maradona

13 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

Absolute legend. Definitely the best player that ever lived. Can’t say he didn’t have  a full life. I guess the only regrets he might’ve had was not playing for Leicester. He was definitely an LCFC type of player. RIP 

Played for Napoli, so close! 

A lot said about who is the GOAT. For me it's Diego Maradona, a player capable of winning the World Cup almost by himself.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Substance abuse, women, football, money and a hell of a good time.

Fair play Diego, you lived the life many of us dream of.

Pretty much this.

The problem was he was public property wherever he went. Everyone wanted a piece of him and he was surrounded by hangers on and people exploiting his fame.

An absolute God in Argentina and they'll be mourning him for weeks. Same age as George Best when he died.

Gazza will probably be next.

• Like 3

Alas for Diego - another of the worlds top sportsmen/women we've been blessed with, who unfortunately still wasn't above cheating when it really shouldn't have been necessary - it's not like the other goal he scored in the same game wasn't amazing! - and yet also eventually self destructed as have many others of such an ilk, aswell.  Shakespearean in his tale?

A troubled genius, like many of the football legends of his time, maybe that's what makes them so special and they wouldn't be the same without their faults.

Before my time so I've never fully appreciated him, but clearly one of the best footballers of all time, reached godlike status in his country. So respect & RIP Diego

16 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Pretty much this.

The problem was he was public property wherever he went. Everyone wanted a piece of him and he was surrounded by hangers on and people exploiting his fame.

An absolute God in Argentina and they'll be mourning him for weeks. Same age as George Best when he died.

Gazza will probably be next.

Best died 15 years ago today, weirdly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

what a player - in a time where players were still kicked the sh1t out of, he was an astounding talent.  no surprise that his heart gave up after what he has put it through over the decades ….

A genius  as a player.

Shame in a way how his life went after playing .

27 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Enr0rbjXIAU71BH?format=jpg&name=900x900

Saw this elsewhere on the Internet. Great picture!

Going to be 'that guy' and say this was taken just after a free kick and the Belgium players were in a wall about a second earlier (1 minute 58 seconds approx in the below):

Still an iconic pic though and was a nightmare for Belgium that day from what I've seen in clips.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The whole world smiles said:

A proper footballing Rock and Roll star.

He was a reminder that fifa, TV companies and big business can sanatise and commercialize it they want but the game still belongs to street kids all over the world. 

Rip. 

For a few moments there I was thinking you meant the console game lol

1 hour ago, shen said:

RIP but honestly, his whole farcical persona after his playing days is not something I will miss. 

Brilliant talent, but not sure he deserves the celebration and veneration that he has gotten.

Maybe you need to accept that idols have feet of clay?

Feet of Clay, have | Idioms Online

4 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

And what a ****ing tune as well. Perfect.

Greatest player in my lifetime. A true genius and a maverick.

Gonna watch that brilliant recent film about his time in Naples again tonight. Insane.

RIP you ****ed up mentalist. 

It's fitting, isn't it?

Life is life. Football is life for Diego. Legend.

I put him in the same category as Morrissey and Mel Gibson. A bit of a tw@t but supremely talented. 

On a serious note has to be in the top 3 greatest players of all time. Too young to have watched him play live but just a colossal talent. His close control was as good as anyone ever and not often does one person have such an impact on a World Cup. Obviously it’s a team game but that’s the closest you’ll ever get one man winning the thing on his own. Legend. It’s a shame his life went the way it did after the football was over and thoughts with his friends and family. X 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Best died 15 years ago today, weirdly.

That is well weird. Especially as Maradona lists Best as one of his idols.

I bet they're getting fvcked up in heaven together as we speak.

• Like 1

Guest StevieLynex

Sheffield United had the chance to sign him in the late seventies when he was a young unknown. Instead they plumped for another Argentine - Alex Sabella

Guest StevieLynex

For me, he was one of the best I have seen. I would have him in a team comprising the likes of Cruyff, Ronaldo, Messi, Baresi, van Basten, 

Personally always wondered why he got so much of the grief for the Hand of God incident when really the vast majority of it should have gone to both the lino and the ref for being utterly blind cvnts.

How many players do you think would genuinely fess up to having handled it in that situation, then or now? Would you? I certainly wouldn't have.

Edited by ealingfox
  • Like 4

A troubled genius. 

A man of his talent, would be insanely great in today’s game. Messi is the closest player to him.

It’ll be intriguing to see how Benjamin Aguerro Maradona gets on. If he’ll have the talent his grandfather and father have. 

• Like 2