Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

20 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

I am sure bringing young players in to play whilst there are no fans is a big help. By the time fans turn up, Thomas will have a good few games under his belt so more confident....

For sure, gives them that time to bed in and be a touch risky in their play without a crowd to get at them 

• Like 1

Isn't it mental that we can sell a home-grown left-back to Chelsea for £50m, and immediately promote another one from the academy who looks like he could be even better? I can clearly remember the days when we all hoped Alan Sheehan or Matt Heath might be decent Championship players.

I think Thomas looks an excellent prospect. Some areas of his game are already very good. Crossing, especially.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

Isn't it mental that we can sell a home-grown left-back to Chelsea for £50m, and immediately promote another one from the academy who looks like he could be even better? I can clearly remember the days when we all hoped Alan Sheehan or Matt Heath might be decent Championship players.

I think Thomas looks an excellent prospect. Some areas of his game are already very good. Crossing, especially.

...so Mattock doesn't count anymore?

7 hours ago, baldeagle said:

One thing I love about this lad is the lack of oooh friends and politeness in the tunnel pre game then after losing laughing  and joking with the opposition players . 🤔🤔🤔

might be cos he's 19 and his cohort of england are playing for their clubs yet

get chilwell and maddison wind people up; but bit stupid to contrast with thomas who clearly does not know that many other PL starters 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, eblair said:

might be cos he's 19 and his cohort of england are playing for their clubs yet

get chilwell and maddison wind people up; but bit stupid to contrast with thomas who clearly does not know that many other PL starters 

More an observation than a comparison and do you often insult people you don’t know ?

12 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

He’s 30 and he plays for Rotherham United. He’s an average Championship player. I don’t really see your point?

..I  thought the conversation was regards defenders who we believed had the potential to have a good career in the game!!!

Mattock would be seen as part of the academy development and although his dubious choices off the field, led to him being unable to fulfill his obvious potential, he was a product of this club.

I can not recall if we have played against a team containing Mattock  and won.

He has played for England:

Under 17

Under 19

Under 21

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

Yeah, I decided not to list every single player for some reason. Maybe that was wrong. Don't know what your point is.

..that comment was supposed to be a humorous dig at Mattock and his comment regarding wanting away!!!

Not having a dig, just though it would have been obvious the point I was making.

20 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..that comment was supposed to be a humorous dig at Mattock and his comment regarding wanting away!!!

Not having a dig, just though it would have been obvious the point I was making.

I see. Apologies. It went over my head. Yeah, Mattock was a classic case of ideas above his station.

2 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

I see. Apologies. It went over my head. Yeah, Mattock was a classic case of ideas above his station.

Was it? Good young player wanting a move to a better club at the time. Probably doubled his wages and potential opportunity to play in the prem for a club close to his home. We’d just been relegated too, can’t blame him really. 

2 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Was it? Good young player wanting a move to a better club at the time. Probably doubled his wages and potential opportunity to play in the prem for a club close to his home. We’d just been relegated too, can’t blame him really. 

Yeah, on reflection, I think you're right. I just had in mind his and our trajectory since. And him punching women in town, of course.

17 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

We'd just been promoted and he played over 30 league games in the process - I never begrudged him the move (Berner was a class above, regardless) but we weren't a complete basket case when he left us, he was very much part of an upwardly mobile club.

• Like 1