Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

Another bit of great defending at the far post to block off Traore in the second half.

He's a solid defender and can get so much better.

I'd like to see him be a bit more adventurous at times, but it seems like he knows his place in the hierarchy at the minute and will play the simple ball to a more senior player.

Bags of potential. 

Brilliant display today, the Thomas / Barnes link-up play was everything that Chilwell / Barnes was not.

He gets a lot of respect from me for the defensive side of his game, he had a brilliant block on Traore where he was up against a player with much more impressive physicality and dealt with the situation fantastically.

Over the next few years the club will work on his physical development; look at how barrel-chested Harvey Barnes is these days as an example, they spent a long time making him lift weights to build up that upper body strength. Once Thomas puts on some real muscle he will be a very good player indeed. He's for me a lot better than Chilwell at the same age, and Chilwell was pretty good!

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 3