Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

We'd just been promoted and he played over 30 league games in the process - I never begrudged him the move (Berner was a class above, regardless) but we weren't a complete basket case when he left us, he was very much part of an upwardly mobile club.

Ok- we’d been relegated 12 months prior, but he wanted out long before he actually left. Milan in charge, which meant the club was still a shambles behind the scenes, Baggies still a much better proposition career wise and financially for him at the time. 

9 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Ok- we’d been relegated 12 months prior, but he wanted out long before he actually left. Milan in charge, which meant the club was still a shambles behind the scenes, Baggies still a much better proposition career wise and financially for him at the time. 

Like I said, didn't begrudge him the move brother - but we were far from the complete circus of pre-Pearson when he jumped ship.

35 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Getting really wound up by that Rising Ballers page on insta. Post endless muck about any young kid coming through but Thomas never gets a mention. Prats

haha i play in same sunday league as them, bunch of 19 year old semi-pro players who love spanking slightly overweight hungover blokes on a sunday = proper prats

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, martyn said:

He is neat and tidy, and he should be ahead of Fuchs now.

If you could give him Chilwells motor it would make a hell of a difference as he lacks that bit of dynamism a lot of modern full backs have.

Very well summed up. I'm sure he will be a good player, but I'm not convinced he is yet at the level we now require as a back up 

Just now, Angus Scott said:

Very well summed up. I'm sure he will be a good player, but I'm not convinced he is yet at the level we now require as a back up 

I think considering the likes of Iheanacho and Choudhury are the standard of backup players we currently have that's a tad harsh on the lad 

2 hours ago, martyn said:

He is neat and tidy, and he should be ahead of Fuchs now.

If you could give him Chilwells motor it would make a hell of a difference as he lacks that bit of dynamism a lot of modern full backs have.

Spot on. Hopefully he develops attacking the space 

I have done a complete u turn on this lad. Thought he was a complete liability when he first broke into the team, a bomb scare whenever the ball came near his right foot, but he has developed incredibly quickly and now looks composed and assured. I think he will go on to get a lot of assists for us.

9 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Probably seen him enough times to form some sort of an informed opinion and I think he’s certainly got potential. I’d still prefer a Justin and Castagne full back pairing as my optimum go to at this moment in time though.

I think so too but Thomas has definitely shown potential and looks a very good prospect. I can't imagine he was supposed to be anywhere near the first team but is doing well considering he's been thrown in at the deep end. 

• Like 3

On 22/12/2020 at 09:36, Ric Flair said:

Getting really wound up by that Rising Ballers page on insta. Post endless muck about any young kid coming through but Thomas never gets a mention. Prats

He isn't gonna be rated cos he has two English first names, and a no nonsense Nigel Pearson haircut. Maybe if his name was Lucas Tommasi and he had Bruno Fernandes type tattoos, he'd be on that page :D

• Haha 4