Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I really don't get all this anti Fuchs stuff. The man's an absolute pro. Do you not think that he's learned how to mitigate against quicker wingers? 

Positional sense. Leaving one in on the winger. Body between ball and man. Backing off. These are all basics at any level of football. One of my favourite shouts to my lad in junior football when up against a good opponent  is 'niggle!, niggle!' 😂

I don’t get the Fuchs abuse either. The guys a legend and he was never a quick full back anyway, but he’s a very good footballer with a brain. I’d rather a man of experience take on Mane than Thomas (however much I rate the young gun)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I really don't get all this anti Fuchs stuff. The man's an absolute pro. Do you not think that he's learned how to mitigate against quicker wingers? 

Positional sense. Leaving one in on the winger. Body between ball and man. Backing off, hold him up! dont dive in! These are all basics at any level of football. One of my favourite shouts to my lad in junior football when up against a good opponent  is 'niggle!, niggle!' 😂

Aye with him and Johnny backing off that'll leave lots of lovely gaps for the liverpool players to run into. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Aye with him and Johnny backing off that'll leave lots of lovely gaps for the liverpool players to run into. 

That's why they are pros and we aren't. Knowing when to step in. 

I remember Evans at man city this season, backed off and off from de bruyne and when he went to pull the trigger, he stepped in and took it off his toes..a thing of beauty. 'I'll have that Kevin, you caant' 😀

• Like 1

Fuchs is the ultimate professional but with games coming thick & fast I think him & Thomas could rotate as Fuchs might struggle with 2 games a week and I would hate to see fans start getting on his back, he is probably the best choice to play against Liverpool with his experience, also Soyuncu  favours the left so it’s like they are doubling up on Salah. Castagne could be back in the next week or so we hope...

11 hours ago, UHDrive said:

Thomas isnt quick enough against liverpool in a back 4. We need to go to a back 3 with him being a wing back with cover behind and with ndidi next to him. It's the business end of the season now and I wouldn't leave things to chance.

What criteria do you base this lack of speed on? I haven't seen him skinned so far, and Fuchs is slower. He's been fast enough moving in forward play with Barnes.

1 hour ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I don’t get the Fuchs abuse either. The guys a legend and he was never a quick full back anyway, but he’s a very good footballer with a brain. I’d rather a man of experience take on Mane than Thomas (however much I rate the young gun)

Fuchs has been class for us but he was absolute heinous in the away game at Anfield, hence a lot of fans opinion that he shouldn't play today. Likewise Albrighton really, he seems to have howler after howler in recent years against them. 

• Like 3

Unfortunately, just as with Big Wes, there are many games now that are beyond them.  Burnley and Sheffield United - fine.  But Liverpool is not one for Fuchs. Time for the new young man to step in - he will not let us down.

Fuchs played 2 games a week for a prolonged period of time this season already and he only looked absolutely shattered in the last few games of that stint but still managed to be effective. Would start fuchs here with Ricardo on the other wing. And if at some point Mane does skin him or make him look slow... Well it's Sadio Mane, it's kind of why he's one of the best players in the league. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Positional sense. Leaving one in on the winger. Body between ball and man. Backing off, hold him up! dont dive in! These are all basics at any level of football. One of my favourite shouts to my lad in junior football when up against a good opponent  is 'niggle!, niggle!' 😂

I love Fuchs. He’s an absolute hero of mine. But he’s getting older and slower. FACT.

if you think Mane won’t skin him repeatedly and out pace him and get the crosses and shots in..and that Fuchs won’t tire  late into the second half then give your head a wobble.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, MPH said:

I love Fuchs. He’s an absolute hero of mine. But he’s getting older and slower. FACT.

if you think Mane won’t skin him repeatedly and out pace him and get the crosses and shots in..and that Fuchs won’t tire  late into the second half then give your head a wobble.

If Mane had a choice of playing up against an experienced pro who's slow (and is used to being fairly pedestrian), hard as nails and knows every trick in the book....versus a green youngster who's also no speedster......he'd choose Thomas as his oppo every time.

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Definitely doesn't apply to Fuchs! Does that at least a couple of times a game where he has his pants down. Love the guy but I think he's lost that half a yard off the mark which means that he's really only a viable option as the left centre back in a 3

54 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Fuchs has been class for us but he was absolute heinous in the away game at Anfield, hence a lot of fans opinion that he shouldn't play today. Likewise Albrighton really, he seems to have howler after howler in recent years against them. 

Oh yes I remember. Albrighton in a defensive role is a definite no no! 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Unlikely with Fuch playing left back and Mane playing left wing for Liverpool 

Well, any pacy winger with a bit of skill really. Fuchs is definitely better to see out his career as covr for CB if we need him

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gerblod said:

What criteria do you base this lack of speed on? I haven't seen him skinned so far, and Fuchs is slower. He's been fast enough moving in forward play with Barnes.

Today's match is your answer.... RP was put on that wing for exactly those reasons.

1 hour ago, UHDrive said:

Today's match is your answer.... RP was put on that wing for exactly those reasons.

He was put there because of his experience. Thomas might have folded under the kind of pressure Salah can exert. Certainly Chilwell did. Putting Pereira there certainly didn't lead to the kind of penetration we've come to expect of him whilst operating on the right.

Not proven.