Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Huge opportunity now for Thomas, thank god we weren't daft enough to loan him out. 

id have imagined if we did, we would have inserted a recall clause.. but our name would have been mud with the loaning club had we done that with him having played a game or two lol 

Edited by MPH

6 hours ago, MPH said:

id have imagined if we did, we would have inserted a recall clause.. but our name would have been mud with the loaning club had we done that with him having played a game or two lol 

You cannot recall players outside of transfer windows I don't think?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thomas isnt quick enough against liverpool in a back 4. We need to go to a back 3 with him being a wing back with cover behind and with ndidi next to him. It's the business end of the season now and I wouldn't leave things to chance.

• Like 1

Just now, UHDrive said:

Thomas isnt quick enough against liverpool in a back 4. We need to go to a back 3 with him being a wing back with cover behind and with ndidi next to him. It's the business end of the season now and I wouldn't leave things to chance.

I don't think his pace is an issue, we are so inferior as a team in a back 3. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't think his pace is an issue, we are so inferior as a team in a back 3. 

Against the liverpool front 3 they'll tear him apart especially on the side where Salah plays in thomas's patch. JJ would've covered that side if he wasnt injured. RP doesn't play LB and Castagna is injured. Fuchs isnt quick enough either. The only saving grace is Evans/Soyuncu.

2 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Against the liverpool front 3 they'll tear him apart especially on the side where Salah plays in thomas's patch. JJ would've covered that side if he wasnt injured. RP doesn't play LB and Castagna is injured. Fuchs isnt quick enough either. The only saving grace is Evans/Soyuncu.

But the team as whole is awful with three at the back. We're left short in midfield, somehow more open at the back. The lesser risk is putting Thomas up against Salah imo, because he might just play a blinder and keep him quiet, where as 3 at the back is the bigger risk as its just asking the whole Liverpool team to rip us apart.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UHDrive said:

They'll totally over run us in midfield like last time we do that. Evans, Soyuncu and who? Better to have a more mobile midfield, we've far more choices there at the moment. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

They'll totally over run us in midfield like last time we do that. Evans, Soyuncu and who? Better to have a more mobile midfield, we've far more choices there at the moment. 

It would have to be ndidi with Mendy in centre mid. I see your point, no easy options really.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, UHDrive said:

It would have to be ndidi with Mendy in centre mid. I see your point, no easy options really.

You're right, it isn't an easy one is it but however they play it, they'll have either a weakened defence with midfielders in it (weakening their midfielder which has been their problem lately) or, play two new central defenders who are unfamiliar with each other. It's just that last time we seemed to sit back and let them over-run our midfield where we were outnumbered and attack us at will. They had a totally makeshift defence that day and we didn't even lay a glove on them, we showed them far too much respect, sat deep and relied on the odd hoofed ball to try and counterattack following lots of side to side and backwards passing, Liverpool just pressed and picked us off.

Tielemans is an outstanding player but is what he is and is pretty pointless and inactive without Ndidi bedsides him who allows him to play, so the calls by some to play Ndidi as an extra centre half, robs us of our best midfielder and negates Tielemans. It would be wave upon wave attack against us. I might even consider Choudhury to Mendy on this occasion, their feathers need to be ruffled from the start. Plus, no Perez at any cost, it would be worse than playing with 10 men with him contributing little and giving the ball back to the opposition. 

I'd go:

Schmeichel, Ricardo, Evans, Soyuncu, Thomas, Tielemans, Ndidi, Albrighton, Barnes, Maddison, Vardy. 

With consideration perhaps for even Choudhury for Albrighton but not sure.

• Like 1