Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

8 hours ago, Koke said:

He isn't gonna be rated cos he has two English first names, and a no nonsense Nigel Pearson haircut. Maybe if his name was Lucas Tommasi and he had Bruno Fernandes type tattoos, he'd be on that page :D

Haha off topic, but you’ve just reminded me of (a comedy sketch I think) that referred to Roberto De Matteo and Laurent Blanc as Bob Matthews and Laurence White :D

My only criticism yesterday is that he should have fouled Zaha in the build up to the goal. We let Zaha basically run across the pitch and Thomas didn't really do anything except stick with him. I know he's young, and an experienced player probably would have, but he needed to foul Zaha.

Other than that I think he's tidy and offers us a good cross from the left. 

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I'm still not convinced on him. Hes had a few 1st team games now and I haven't seen anything that makes him stand out and with the choice of wing backs we have right now I'd rather he be sent on loan like KDH.

Have you watched any of our EL games this season? If you watched the game at home vs AEK and weren't impressed then you're more unreasonable than Roy Keane, pal!!! 😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Have you watched any of our EL games this season? If you watched the game at home vs AEK and weren't impressed then you're more unreasonable than Roy Keane, pal!!! 😂😂

Yes ibe watched him in every game this season. AEK were awful by the way, hardly a comparison!

1 minute ago, UHDrive said:

Yes ibe watched him in every game this season. AEK were awful by the way, hardly a comparison!

I know but you said you've never seen anything of him that stands out and yet he was excellent with Barnes that day and caused countless problems. Did you watch his debut where he got MoTM? I think he's never let us down this season, he grows in to games and his progression here is coming along nicely. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I know but you said you've never seen anything of him that stands out and yet he was excellent with Barnes that day and caused countless problems. Did you watch his debut where he got MoTM? I think he's never let us down this season, he grows in to games and his progression here is coming along nicely. 

I wish I could agree but I dont. He doesn't have enough pace for me in the position he plays and I just dont think hes dynamic enough. Hes technically brilliant and great at defending and has a good spatial awarenes.

2 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

I think people forget this lad is 19. He’s this good at 19. Let that sink in. If he continues on this trajectory and stays focused he’s pushing to play for England at the next World Cup. 

Agreed. Thought he had a good game today. He'll progress to be an excellent player, I'm sure of it. People said the same about Harvey and Chilwell and they've done alright for themselves.

I agree he isn’t rapid but I feel he’s fast enough. I’m usually a bit sceptical about our young players coming through like Hamza but Thomas has really impressed me. His confidence and quality on the ball is his best attribute and today I saw him win a couple headers! I think he’s really promising.

Edited by jmono84
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I wish I could agree but I dont. He doesn't have enough pace for me in the position he plays and I just dont think hes dynamic enough. Hes technically brilliant and great at defending and has a good spatial awarenes.

Going forward he causes a number of problems as well though, I think he will prove to be a valuable squad player in the coming years.

• Like 1

One of the most pleasing parts of his game today was how he didn't hide after a dodgy touch or pass (pitch his side first half was understandably playing up) - he was still looking to make things happen and get forward second half - really feel like playing with Barnes helps him too, similar backgrounds, and they have really, really promising little flashes together.

Thomas seems quite a quiet lad, hopefully with more experience he has a Barnes-esque boost in self-belief because he's certainly good enough. Even in Harvey's interviews these days it's clear how much more confident he is, without being a helmet.

He might not be the quickest (I don't think he's particularly slow either) but his engine just about makes up for it - I think he's coming along really well.

• Like 4