Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WarehamFox

I Love Fuchs

Fuchs has had a poor few games, after being outstanding for several when he first came into the team. Even then though Liverpool and Fulham were the only real stinkers. On the whole he's sorted us out just fine in a difficult period. With the tide turning - touch wood - on injuries Fuchs can ease back into his rotation role and get back to delivering those adhoc masterclasses when we need to shake things up as per his original role this season.

• Like 2

On 06/12/2020 at 16:28, foxy boxing said:

Isn’t it his last season with us, we need to be looking for his replacement. Can’t we rotate him with Morgan till we get younger replacements for both.

We have replacements but they are all injured. 

• Like 1

On 06/12/2020 at 16:42, StriderHiryu said:

It reminds me a bit of when Gary Neville came back for Man United and got destroyed by Gareth Bale, and he knew himself that his time at the top was done.

I think we are seeing another Cambiasso type situation here where he'll call it at the end of the season even if offered another contract. I just hope we the fans get to give him a send off, as I for one would stand and applaud him off with all my heart, he's been an absolutely fabulous signing for the club.

To be fair I would imagine one or two players in their prime might have been destroyed by Gareth Bale

And what’s a Cambiasso situation? Say no to us and then play for another two years for a team in the Champions League? 

5 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

To be fair I would imagine one or two players in their prime might have been destroyed by Gareth Bale

And what’s a Cambiasso situation? Say no to us and then play for another two years for a team in the Champions League? 

He went to Greece where the pace was a lot slower. He was involved in a game against Arsenal where they drew 3-3 and played superbly in that game actually. 

In many games you could see that the pace was hard for Cambiasso to deal with. Luckily he had the ability and intelligence to make up for that by standing in the right position and reading the game, but I can understand why he made his decision. He maybe felt that he would tarnish his legacy by putting in sub-optimal performances and didn't want to be a reason why Leicester got relegated. No one could have seen what would have happened instead! I think he could have played alongside Kante and we would probably have been even better!

Since Klopp and Guardiola came to the Premier League, the physical demands of players have increased to crazy levels. You see it in almost every match now, a player makes a mistake and the other team are in on goal. 

• Like 2

On 06/12/2020 at 16:30, StriderHiryu said:

This. When he has a cameo appearance, he's usually superb. But he can't play every week, and you can see from his own face that he knows it too. I don't think it's his fault either really, the squad is so injury ravaged that he has to play. With Ndidi back, just put him as a CB and keep Mendy in the team if we want to play 3 at the back. Fuchs is still good every now and again, but needs a few games out now.

This. After barely playing last season he’s been thrown in this. Considering the circumstances he’s done really well. I remember Chelsea at Stamford Bridge last season, he had one of his finest appearances in a Leicester shirt. He’s capable of it even now, but he certainly needs a couple of weeks off

• Like 2