Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WarehamFox

I Love Fuchs

Can't not love the bloke but he has probably played more this season so far than he expected for the whole season. I'm sure he was expecting and the plan was for a few cameo appearances, cup games, end of match rotation etc rather than 90 minutes twice a week. By and large he's been great but the poor sod must be knackered!

37 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Decent today, but he makes me nervous especially on a yellow. The last couple of season he has become quite rash in trying to win the ball early. Managed ok today.

He was played as a LB. I think that helped. 

Even when briefly filling in at LCB at his peak he looked like a fish out of water.  

Good performance tonight. Great man.

• 1 month later...

With 3 quality full backs and 3 quality centre backs, Fuchs game time will be non existent. Im surprised he didn't start in the FA Cup against Stoke and Brentford. I doubt he will start in the Europa League either. Likewise with Morgan, as Amartey is preferred over him. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thought he looked great against Brighton almost playing as a CB. Really started to open up the game with his passing. Rodgers must feel like he's playing Chess with the changes made as the result of amount of injuries we've had.

2 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Thought he looked great against Brighton almost playing as a CB. Really started to open up the game with his passing. Rodgers must feel like he's playing Chess with the changes made as the result of amount of injuries we've had.

He must experience it a lot in his career if he liked to use a small squad though. It's not uncommon to have 4 or 5 players out injured at the same time.

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

He must experience it a lot in his career if he liked to use a small squad though. It's not uncommon to have 4 or 5 players out injured at the same time.

I think its more manageable when you're only playing once a week or in the Scottish League. This year seems more extreme with the amount of games and the packed nature of our schedule.

Watching Rodgers manage this season, with all the difficulties, has actually made me respect him more.

As if that's possible :scarf:

On 06/12/2020 at 16:30, StriderHiryu said:

This. When he has a cameo appearance, he's usually superb. But he can't play every week, and you can see from his own face that he knows it too. I don't think it's his fault either really, the squad is so injury ravaged that he has to play. With Ndidi back, just put him as a CB and keep Mendy in the team if we want to play 3 at the back. Fuchs is still good every now and again, but needs a few games out now.

I disagree. I think it's more important that  Ndidi plays his midfield role more than any benefit gained with him replacing Fuchs at the back. 

5 minutes ago, SO1 said:

I think its more manageable when you're only playing once a week or in the Scottish League. This year seems more extreme with the amount of games and the packed nature of our schedule.

Watching Rodgers manage this season, with all the difficulties, has actually made me respect him more.

As if that's possible :scarf:

Very true to be fair. I hope if we're aiming to compete on three fronts again that he's willing to work with 3 or 4 more players. For his own sanity if not ours as well lol

So far he's managed it very well, the next 2 months will be pivotal for us so let's hope he keeps getting it mainly right. If it all falls to peices, the early season efforts will be forgotten again haha

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Very true to be fair. I hope if we're aiming to compete on three fronts again that he's willing to work with 3 or 4 more players. For his own sanity if not ours as well lol

So far he's managed it very well, the next 2 months will be pivotal for us so let's hope he keeps getting it mainly right. If it all falls to peices, the early season efforts will be forgotten again haha

As we all know there will be none of this :brendan: if it all falls to pieces. More like this :plancque:

I remain optimistic :)

On 30/01/2021 at 12:00, Koke said:

With 3 quality full backs and 3 quality centre backs, Fuchs game time will be non existent. Im surprised he didn't start in the FA Cup against Stoke and Brentford. I doubt he will start in the Europa League either. Likewise with Morgan, as Amartey is preferred over him. 

I'm just pointing out how quickly can change in Football.

6 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I think he can still do a job for us as left CB of 3. But I'd be less keen as an out and out FB. I think if the oppos have any pace on their right flank, he'd be massively exposed. 

He's always been poor as a centre half against any half decent opposition. He always misses the man coming in behind him towards the back post. We conceded two goal in Europe like that. He's been a brilliant servant and still has a part to play against lesser opposition.