Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Everton Post Match

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

I am genuinely looking forward to the table levelling out and us reverting to the mean so I don't have to read BuT wErE 4Th iN tHe LeAgUe every few posts.

It doesn't ****ing matter! It has no relevance.

I wonder if you'd have the same attitude if we were 4th from the bottom rather than 4th from the top?

I am genuinely looking forward to the table levelling out and us reverting to the mean so I don't have to read BuT wErE 17Th iN tHe LeAgUe every few posts.

It doesn't ****ing matter! It has no relevance.

24 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Defo a pen ..   

2B59F133-2FC6-44AA-9D50-1C4B38B35DAA.jpeg

Defo, I couldn’t see any touch from that angle, it might have looked like it from the angle but that was the worst picture to judge from, they completely guessed he touched the ball, they must have because the ball didn’t change direction one bit! Shocking display from Porky yet again, how is he a pro ref!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Indeed we are. When you consider the injuries and the schedule you could argue that Brendan is working miracles. We should be pleased about our position and what we are achieving. 

however, the abject performances against the likes of Fulham, West Ham, Villa, Everton are still not acceptable. The chaos at set pieces is not acceptable. The lack of fight and the mental frailty is not acceptable. 

As fans we should celebrate the good, but we should also be allowed to point out and pick apart the bad. This season there is an opportunity to do something incredible again - qualify for the Chanpions League. We blew it last season. I don’t want to see us blow it again. 

What does that mean exactly? I'm as annoyed as everyone else by the inconsistency, but I'm afraid that's the life of a club like Leicester. Only the best of the best are going to show exemplary consistency and form. Nobody below is us showing it and that contains Man City, Chelsea, Man United, Everton, West Ham who have all spent ludicrous amounts of money. 

Be annoyed about it, we try to improve from it, but there has to be an acceptance that unless we luck out and somehow manage to put a freak season together like 15/16, we're going to get results like that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

The amount of joy Justin gets down the right only to see one player in the box is something we need to work on.

He was great again yesterday probably our best player atm in terms of consistency but its pointless when we have only Vardy in the box 

I think this is the most important problem we have as a team, we just dont commit enough men forwards to break down a low block. I thought this had changed at the beginning of the season when we were getting 3-4 players in the box at a time when we were attacking against west brom and burnley but that seems to have been a temporary thing against weaker sides as we havent done it since, hope we can get back to it when the first choice fullbacks come back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

We finished 5th last season, we're 4th after a third of the season... what do you think our mean is?

It’s a weird one this because you are right, I’ve got used to now looking for where we are in the league and having to look towards the top and it’s been that way for a while now, but watching us play sometimes it still astounds me that we’re as high as we. I don’t think the performances are indicative of our league position most of the time, yet we still manage to stay in and around those top 6 spots. I think this is mainly down to the overall standard of the premier league being worse at the minute, factor in the no fans at games and it probably does create a recipe for really mad going’s on. I’ve sort of come to terms with it now that we probably aren’t going to see the consistency we all want from this team, and when people say we aren’t taking advantage of the situation given other teams struggles I disagree because we are when you look at it. We’ve lost at home to West Ham, Villa, Fulham and Everton and it’s not even Christmas and we’re still 4th. In any “normal year” that wouldn’t be the case so we are taking advantage of the situation without even being that good! 

55 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I think as regards JJ, you might be against consensus. Poor delivery yesterday. But not against Brighton.

True, but as was pointed out, with consistently only one player in the box, there's not a lot for the poor lad to aim at. This is not a new problem. Chilwell was also the butt of criticism, sometimes rightly so but, he'd often make runs deep into the opposition only to find no-one else up with play and have to cut back. Vardy can't do it on his own, someone else needs to be busting a gut to get there. Sometimes there's too much emphasis on safety and not enough on ambition. Not always JJ's fault. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Indeed we are. When you consider the injuries and the schedule you could argue that Brendan is working miracles. We should be pleased about our position and what we are achieving. 

however, the abject performances against the likes of Fulham, West Ham, Villa, Everton are still not acceptable. The chaos at set pieces is not acceptable. The lack of fight and the mental frailty is not acceptable. 

As fans we should celebrate the good, but we should also be allowed to point out and pick apart the bad. This season there is an opportunity to do something incredible again - qualify for the Chanpions League. We blew it last season. I don’t want to see us blow it again. 

The issue is, the inconstancy was there even before the wholesale injury problems. After Christmas last yea our form pretty much started to be like this... Even at full strength we are inconsistent. There have been occasions where we have looked absolutely horrid, even with our "better players out". I maintain that it is because we are soft, when we are not at it we look horrible. We need to look for a player with some grit about them, a nasty ****er. And another wide player with shit tonnes of pace and an end product.  

11 minutes ago, Flappit said:

This is an overly-simplistic view and no defence to the current situation at all. Two more bad results in a row and we could be about 14th.

but two good results and we could be top? 

Honestly just enjoy it. Its an odd season and it will be to the end and if we lose the next two there is absolutely no chance we will be 'about 14th' 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Manini said:

It’s a weird one this because you are right, I’ve got used to now looking for where we are in the league and having to look towards the top and it’s been that way for a while now, but watching us play sometimes it still astounds me that we’re as high as we. I don’t think the performances are indicative of our league position most of the time, yet we still manage to stay in and around those top 6 spots. I think this is mainly down to the overall standard of the premier league being worse at the minute, factor in the no fans at games and it probably does create a recipe for really mad going’s on. I’ve sort of come to terms with it now that we probably aren’t going to see the consistency we all want from this team, and when people say we aren’t taking advantage of the situation given other teams struggles I disagree because we are when you look at it. We’ve lost at home to West Ham, Villa, Fulham and Everton and it’s not even Christmas and we’re still 4th. In any “normal year” that wouldn’t be the case so we are taking advantage of the situation without even being that good! 

We're two points off what 4th place Chelsea had after 13 games last season and FIVE points head ahead of what 5th placed Wolves had. The year before 24 points would see us comfortably 6th, year before comfortably 5th. 

The aberration is Fulham, you have to do better there. The other three are good teams and have taken points off teams we'd all perceive as being better than us. 

13 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

The issue is, the inconstancy was there even before the wholesale injury problems. After Christmas last yea our form pretty much started to be like this... Even at full strength we are inconsistent. There have been occasions where we have looked absolutely horrid, even with our "better players out". I maintain that it is because we are soft, when we are not at it we look horrible. We need to look for a player with some grit about them, a nasty ****er. And another wide player with shit tonnes of pace and an end product.  

I agree. We need an angry midfield general who’ll scare his team mates as much as the opposition. 

Until we have a consistent back four and formation, I'll think we'll continue to see this shakey defence and varying performances.   

Regarding the VAR penalty, that angle does not show a clear and obvious error. You can't tell clearly that Gomes touches the ball. But it's one we'd be annoyed if given against us.

Another one of those nights where luck was against us and we didn't make enough happen 

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We're two points off what 4th place Chelsea had after 13 games last season and FIVE points head ahead of what 5th placed Wolves had. The year before 24 points would see us comfortably 6th, year before comfortably 5th. 

The aberration is Fulham, you have to do better there. The other three are good teams and have taken points off teams we'd all perceive as being better than us. 

And 15 of those points have come on the road. With fans in the stadiums and in normal circumstances would we have gone away to Man City and Arsenal and got 6 points? Who knows, we never will. But take those out and that puts us on 18 points which would probably see us sitting where Villa are now in 11th - which is what I’m saying, we’ve dished up a fair bit of abject shite this season in my opinion, yet we’ve still managed to have the second best away record in the league and take 6 points from teams away from home we probably wouldn’t have last season. So it’s a weird feeling because it can feel so flat yet we’ve obviously made sound progress as well so, I don’t blame fans heads for being a bit all over the place and reactive this year. 

4 minutes ago, Manini said:

And 15 of those points have come on the road. With fans in the stadiums and in normal circumstances would we have gone away to Man City and Arsenal and got 6 points? Who knows, we never will. But take those out and that puts us on 18 points which would probably see us sitting where Villa are now in 11th - which is what I’m saying, we’ve dished up a fair bit of abject shite this season in my opinion, yet we’ve still managed to have the second best away record in the league and take 6 points from teams away from home we probably wouldn’t have last season. So it’s a weird feeling because it can feel so flat yet we’ve obviously made sound progress as well so, I don’t blame fans heads for being a bit all over the place and reactive this year. 

If you take points off us on the road because of lack of crowd, then surely you have to add points on at home?

Reality is, everyone is inconsistent, worse so for most. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Until we have a consistent back four and formation, I'll think we'll continue to see this shakey defence and varying performances.   

Regarding the VAR penalty, that angle does not show a clear and obvious error. You can't tell clearly that Gomes touches the ball. But it's one we'd be annoyed if given against us.

Another one of those nights where luck was against us and we didn't make enough happen 

I just don't understand why they only showed him the one angle. It's like the Villa cup penalty shite all over again where they didn't even check the right handball shout. VAR is a shambles. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, bfox said:

Always get that feeling at the moment that when we play a side who aren't a pushover, we will make mistakes without a whimper

. not quite true, just take a look at the teams we have lost to this season!!!

We did give Liverpool an easy ride and they were pushed to the limit at Brighton. If Brighton can perform against Liverpool then why can't we compete in the same way against them. We had a field day against Brighton and won the game by half time and that can only be down to mindset and the believe given to the team prior to taking the pitch.

Spurs next and Man. United at Christmas is set for games where we will not turn up, as the players will be looking around at each other wondering what to do. They always appear devoid of confidence and play with fear in these games.

Perhaps Rodgers does not give the team talk in games like these, he leaves the dressing room with five minutes to go and leave the players to motivate themselves.

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I just don't understand why they only showed him the one angle. It's like the Villa cup penalty shite all over again where they didn't even check the right handball shout. VAR is a shambles. 

Exactly, I don't understand why he was shown an angle where the foot is in line with the ball, but no proof it actually touches it.

The amount of camera angles we have available, why was only that angle shown? Unless it's obvious that ball was touched, the decision shouldn't be changed.

1 hour ago, harpendenfox said:

Which of our 24 points shouldn’t we have ?

Not what I said. But let's face it, the freakish number of penalties we got early doors has given us a boost and no surprise we're dropping off now they've dried up.

My objection is to dismissing any and everything with But We're 4th after 13 games, and it was happening a lot earlier than that too.

59 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We finished 5th last season, we're 4th after a third of the season... what do you think our mean is?

We are where we are because those below us are even more inconsistent in terms of results. 

We are where we are because we haven't played 4 of the stronger-looking teams yet.

We did well last season and outperformed what I would consider our benchmark. We are not performing as well this season and that's plain to see.

55 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

I wonder if you'd have the same attitude if we were 4th from the bottom rather than 4th from the top?

Before 19 games have gone and everyone has played everyone I would absolutely have the same attitude if the caveat that we were yet to play 4 teams around us in the remainder of the first half of the season.

Edited by ealingfox

Newcastle have lost 5 games: Chelsea, Man Utd, Southampton, Leeds and Brighton (Arguably harder games?)

We've lost 5 games: Aston Villa, West Ham, Everton, Fulham and Liverpool

That's not sustainable, we HAVE to start learning how to grind out a draw, or understand when one might be the best route to points.

I'm absolutely fine with the 'play to win every game attitude, but you could see where the game was going after 25 mins last night, and really the decision then should be to match the side, sure up at the back and either hit them on the break when they get frustrated and fancy an attack, or grind out a 0-0 or 1-1 and move on to the next game. 

The results in our losses are more concerning than anything else to be honest. 3-0, 2-0, 3-0, 1-0 and 2-1 and the Fulham game really should have been 2-0 if they'd not switched off. If we are playing to win every game, the games we are losing should be 2-1's and 3-2's

Shots on target as well. 2 last night, 3 against Fulham, 4 against Liverpool.... you're going to struggle to get even one goal with those sorts of numbers!

Edited by AjcW

Still baffled as to why Thomas didn’t come on for Fuchs, he’s probably our best crosser of the ball behind Albrighton. Definitely more likely to create something than Fuchs who only looks decent when he doesn’t have to run playing as LCB

• Like 1

Interesting to hear Brendan Rodgers say he has been switching and changing the team (Under, Barnes, Perez etc. ) to accommodate three games a week, yet he plays Christian Fuchs in every game and rarely substitutes him. A player who rarely played at all last season and is well into his thirties. 

How can he be right on this point? I suppose he has fewer choices at the back than he does towards the front of the pitch given the injuries, but changing the forward players like he does does not help their consistency. Hence the varied performance and results we seem to be getting

7 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

Interesting to hear Brendan Rodgers say he has been switching and changing the team (Under, Barnes, Perez etc. ) to accommodate three games a week, yet he plays Christian Fuchs in every game and rarely substitutes him. A player who rarely played at all last season and is well into his thirties. 

How can he be right on this point? I suppose he has fewer choices at the back than he does towards the front of the pitch given the injuries, but changing the forward players like he does does not help their consistency. Hence the varied performance and results we seem to be getting

Perhaps physically there's less load on someone like Fuchs who mainly plays LCB than the guys you mention. I'd always say defence is the area of the side you want to rotate least.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bezzanator89 said:

Outsmarted by Don Ancelotti.

Everton deserved the win. We didn't take our chances and conceded AGAIN from a set piece. 

This hasn't dented our charge massively but we need a response against Spurs, who may well have been taking notes from this game.

Dey do do dat doh don't dey.