Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Everton Post Match

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Didn't  think Everton were better, but do think they deserved their win. If that makes sense. 

A suffocatingly tight game, as always,  against them. 

Wilf was extraordinarily good. Him in midfield and Evans in defence may well have tipped the balance. At least to get a point, which on balance of play we perhaps  deserved. 

We played a team of good players tonight. And - what a bummer for us - they even chose to drop that absolute clown of a keeper. That'd  gifted us at least one goal. 

It just wouldn't  quite fall for us. Jj was excellent but crossing went the wrong way. Fuchs was was steady. The penalty shouldn't have been overruled. I couldn't  see a touch on the ball. 

Take it on the chin. We weren't bad. We just lost.

I'm sorry, I hate to say it, but Fuchs was about as unsteady as you can get. 

• Like 1

It’s the inconsistency. That’s what hurts the most.

We’re on a run, winning games, obliterate Brighton, everything feels great. 

...then, BAM. There it is.

Chowing down on a dogshit sandwich for no apparent reason.

Just so frustrating. Part of me thinks it would be easier to be predictably awful every week, at least then the hope wouldn’t get you.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Angus Scott said:

I think he will need to show a lot more before we agree to pay another 20 mill to make his transfer permanent, but we'll see. I do think though that it is significant he cannot yet command a regular starting place

Rodgers was fairly muted about his performance when asked in the post match interview

29 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

How can we keep Justin in the side when Castagne and Ricardo are fit? He has come on brilliantly I think. He’s more effective on the right imo. 

I like Justin a lot but those 2 are several levels higher than him at the moment. He got into some great positions today and was very wasteful with his final ball. I kept wondering what it would have been like to have had a fully fit Ric down that flank running into all of the space left by Richarlison not tracking back. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Iwobi didnt beat him once. What more do you expect a full back to do exactly? 

That's cause they swapped and Iwobi rarely got forward. Before that fuchs was getting beaten and also he miss placed so many passes. Was out of position multiple times also. 

10 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I disagree. Wilf has to play CM we conceded the game there, there was no disruption to their play, Mendy is a more passive CDM, whereas he’s had a decent season he doesn’t give us the bite Wilf does. I would have much rather us have reverted to a back three and tried to keep it tight and Nick a goal. Instead we flopped gifted them two poor goals and could even get a toe hold let alone a foot hold in the game. There was no result threat to nullify, Everton will probably walked off that pitch wondering what actually happened for 90 minutes, mostly is ****ing about and gifting them chances. 

I feel like it can be very easy to over analyse the personnel put out sometimes. My view is this result was more unlucky than anything fundamentally wrong with the team. Everton got fortunate with both their goals and we got a little unfortunate by not taking our chances. Both teams were average for me but I think 2-0 flatters Everton. I don't think having ndidi at cb and mendy at cm was where the game was lost.

• Like 2

Wank that was. I think that was our worst performance of the season, considering we have lost to teams who despite being worse than us have played well on the day. (forgetting Villa but we had loads of injuries for that)

I honestly can't remember their keeper doing anything of note. And all Kasper did was pull the ball out of the net twice. Everton played well in stifling us but they did nothing notable at the other end. Poor from Kasper for their first goal and we never recovered.

The defensive injuries we have are starting to show, fact we keep having to play Fuchs says it all. He can't do this many games in a row. I cannot wait for all of Soyuncu, Evans, Castagne and Ricardo to come back. And Ndidi back in CDM.

Set piece defending is pitiful, can only repeat all what's been said all season. It's so easy to score against us, it's a joke really. Not good enough, and we keep doing zonal marking which imo doesn't help.

Attacking display shite. Maddison missing again, scores a great goal and then looks like he's coming to form only to disappear. Actually think we look better with Perez on the pitch going forward. 

Home form is not good enough. Worryingly we haven't played anyone of note at home yet. Rodgers should take a lot of the blame for this, although the players haven't helped today. 

Going to have be on top form to get anything Sunday. 

• Like 1

When I saw the team sheet I was over the moon and saw it as a positive selection, but of cause as usual I didnt factor in the mental strength of the side which just seems to go to jelly more often than not. Such a shame as on our day we are just about unbeatable. Spurs and Man U next, 2 teams we aren’t mentally strong enough for, doubt will set in and I dares say we will go on and lose. Hope I’m wrong of cause. 

54 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I agree with this. And NOT slimani. Wouldn't mind a big striker with good feet who can hold it up if we need to play more directly. There must be some about we can get in. Could we go for Giroud??

I agree and yes not Slimani. I don't think Giroud would come here or be available. Chris Wood on a return to the club? 

1 hour ago, Mythyaar said:

We must defend corners better.

Did you see the size of their team compared to ours? Without Evans, Fofana was our tallest outfield player and he is 6ft or just over. Compare that to their land of the giants. It was almost inevitable they'd score off a corner.

4 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Not defending tonight's performance - or those other poor ones at home - but it's six games in 14 days and it does take a toll, especially with so many key players out. I would love us to be winning every game but if you look at the rest of the PL this season, results are up and down pretty much everywhere. 

As frustrating as we are at times, we're a couple of points off top and in the UEL KO stages, with a backdrop of the worst injury crisis in living memory, so while it's easy to kick the manager/players when we don't do the business, like tonight, it's worth looking at the wider picture also.

Maybe that's just me, having watched them for almost 40 years, and perhaps more patient and not quite as demanding as the younger, angrier ones in the fanbase.

I agree with most of that but you didn’t answer my question.

51 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Shocking - Just further evidence that we aren't a great team, just an above average team who are capable of a good performance now and again.

Everton were average at best but we may as well have only fielded 6 players.

Strangely, my only 2 stand out players were Under and Perez. Ndidi filled in well, and i think Fuchs played as well as his fitness allowed him to. Tielemans and Maddison may as well have stayed at home as is often the case.

Vardy isolated with no service but that seems to be our speciality.

BR gave us all the team we wanted to see, and i can't see that there was much on the bench for him to have improved things rather than perhaps keeping Under on and maybe Thomas for Fuchs to give us a bit more in attack.

The lads on the pitch should be ashamed. Now to go to Tottenham and get bent over.

...when Perez was coming on, I expected Maddison to be subbed as a direct replacement!!!

Maddison was ineffective along with Tielemans and perhaps bringing Praett on later, might have helped to stretch the Everton defence. Nacho was positive on the ball, not as shaky as he normally is, when asked to lead the line.

We started off very confidently and as usual, if we do not convert early we drop off,  the game comes to the opposition and we start to struggle. Keeping Ünder on the pitch just allows him to gel with the team and we keep taking away those opportunities which leads to much of our inconsistencies in the final third.

In the end a lethargic low energy performance, until Perez came on, and this pattern keeps repeating itself in the billed big games, we need to address the message given to the players, on and off the pitch as we will be right back in this situation again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

The games against West Ham and Fulham were a lot worse than tonight.

Factoring in the supposed strength of the opposition yes, looking closer at it I can’t split them really. The majority of league home performances this season have been like watching the same game on repeat. 

49 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Thought Dacoure looked sensational tonight btw

Big, strong midfielder who can play a little rendering Tielemans et al, impotent

We need a Dacoure in our squad 

I've been saying that for 2 or 3 years now. The Balance of the team is wrong and that's what needs to be addressed.

• Like 2