Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Everton Post Match

17 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Iwobi didnt beat him once. What more do you expect a full back to do exactly? 

Iwobi only played half a game up against Fuchs.

What I would expect a player in his position to do is pass the ball to a teammate and support the winger when attacking. I'm not saying he was the only one with poor passing today but he was the worst culprit in my opinion.

I think his age showed today. A couple years ago he'd have been up the flank supporting Barnes. There was a moment where Barnes had gone infield, had the ball, looked for an outlet to play the LB in to space and Fuchs wasn't around. 

What I will say as to why I think Fuchs played the full 90 is that Rodgers is probably expecting to back to the back 5 against Spurs to stop the likes of Kane and Son getting in behind. And with that, he will probably play wing-backs, as opposed to full-backs. Thomas can fulfil that LWB role much better than Fuchs. With Evans back, it gives us a bit more stability centrally, and more flexibility down the left with Thomas.

Just now, StanSP said:

Iwobi only played half a game up against Fuchs.

What I would expect a player in his position to do is pass the ball to a teammate and support the winger when attacking. I'm not saying he was the only one with poor passing today but he was the worst culprit in my opinion.

I think his age showed today. A couple years ago he'd have been up the flank supporting Barnes. There was a moment where Barnes had gone infield, had the ball, looked for an outlet to play the LB in to space and Fuchs wasn't around. 

I think you are being unrealistic. He is a steady, stand in (third choice!) left back who contained his winger.  To ask him to cover the entire flank like Chilwell is ridiculous

6 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Time to give Thomas a go at lb in a back 4. Can’t keep relying on Fuchs. He’s too slow and shouldn’t be playing this amount of games. Can’t keep coming out with - can’t play Thomas against so-and so he’ll get destroyed. 
This is the premiership he’s going to have to learn to play against quality players. 

We're desperate for Castagne. Desperate. 

Fuchs has done a good job filling in but we can't keep trotting him out if we're serious about doing anything this season.

• Like 3

Just now, StanSP said:

What I will say as to why I think Fuchs played the full 90 is that Rodgers is probably expecting to back to the back 5 against Spurs to stop the likes of Kane and Son getting in behind. And with that, he will probably play wing-backs, as opposed to full-backs. Thomas can fulfil that LWB role much better than Fuchs. With Evans back, it gives us a bit more stability centrally, and more flexibility down the left with Thomas.

You may be right but you have to focus on winning the game you're in now. I don't fancy us getting anything at Spurs so 3 points tonight should've been priority 

We know we have a catastrophic, game defining , ...DM & bline injury list..!!!

Why are Posters ignoring this, when trying to pick up, on our inconsistencies & indifferent performances...

we have a new 19yrs old quite decent CB, Holding that central Defensive position, over 8-10 games.

One CB, Carrying a Knock even when he plays,but missed 60% of our games,

our older Club captain carrying a knock,Doubt if he is Really Match fit vor a 60-70min stint

2 WClass Fbs, out

A returning from injury DM asked to Play CB...

After a good covering start ,also had an injury,We are seeing Fuchs is starting to struggle, Maybe Now only bringing 60-70% of what we Really Need

Because of that, our midfield cant get any rythme going....

This injury Problem should Not be taken lightly ...If holds the players themselves more on the passive backfoot side of things...

just my opinion ..Tonight I reckon Rodgers,who indeed Set up a Good Front 6 side, should of tried to encourage the side to have a more gungho approach especially in the 2nd half....

I dont Think Everton deserved the 3pts tonight

We have to give Barnes more of a free range, to take on & attack opposition bline....He seemed well Off it tonight...

We did create openings, a few blocked shots, from both Inside & outside the box..We have to take on more belief and intensity when we Drive forward...

We are like the Leicester of old...with our indifferent ,frustrating performances/results.

The big difference is , we are doing it on an higher level, & competing for those Top 4 PL levels

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

You may be right but you have to focus on winning the game you're in now. I don't fancy us getting anything at Spurs so 3 points tonight should've been priority 

Valid points. Agree with it but in the busy period, and how busy it's already been, squad management is key.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Didn't  think Everton were better, but do think they deserved their win. If that makes sense. 

A suffocatingly tight game, as always,  against them. 

Wilf was extraordinarily good. Him in midfield and Evans in defence may well have tipped the balance. At least to get a point, which on balance of play we perhaps  deserved. 

We played a team of good players tonight. And - what a bummer for us - they even chose to drop that absolute clown of a keeper. That'd  gifted us at least one goal. 

It just wouldn't  quite fall for us. Jj was excellent but crossing went the wrong way. Fuchs was was steady. The penalty shouldn't have been overruled. I couldn't  see a touch on the ball. 

Take it on the chin. We weren't bad. We just lost.

You watched a different game to me. First half, they bossed us after opening few minutes being far more tactically astute. Once they scored, there was only one likely winner. We did better after the break in parts but again, no cutting edge until Perez tried his best. Their second goal was a shambles by us and after that there was definitely no way back. We were toothless and tactically well beaten.

21 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I feel like it can be very easy to over analyse the personnel put out sometimes. My view is this result was more unlucky than anything fundamentally wrong with the team. Everton got fortunate with both their goals and we got a little unfortunate by not taking our chances. Both teams were average for me but I think 2-0 flatters Everton. I don't think having ndidi at cb and mendy at cm was where the game was lost.

I agree with the two Everton goals, they were very fortunate. And I agree with your views both teams were average, Everton are no better than they were last season. I do feel personally that had Wilf been in the midfield we would have disrupted their play, when Gomes came on no one got to within a inch of the bloke, he was allowed to just ping balls around as if it were a practice. A lot of what Wilf does is disrupt, as well as retrieving the ball, he is amazing at getting. Toe to the ball, nipping ahead of a player, forcing players into mistakes. It was all too comfortable for Everton today, largely thanks to us.... again.

It’s pretty simple really and shouldn’t be a surprise by now but we are so bad against teams that are physical and well organised.

It’s not just that we drop some points to those teams but we don’t get near them. We don’t look like scoring and get well beaten.

We are too soft, too slow and too one dimensional. If we played Brighton or Leeds every week we’d win the league. If we played West Ham or Everton every week we’d get relegated.

No chance we get top 4 with such a prominent achilles heel.

• Like 4

Wilf needed to be in the midfield tonight against Doucoure and Allan. Of all the matches to revert to a back four from the start this seemed like an odd choice.

I think Maddison and Tielemans being horribly off form tonight meant we didn’t stand a chance in hell of getting a result.

• Like 1

Lots of moaning here but let’s just reflect on the fact that despite having played all of the season with a large number of key players missing we have won our Europa League group, are 4th in the league occupying a champions league place, and are above all but 2 of last season’s top 6 teams. Life really ain’t so bad folks.

• Like 3

Just now, Bablemikey said:

Lots of moaning here but let’s just reflect on the fact that despite having played all of the season with a large number of key players missing we have won our Europa League group, are 4th in the league occupying a champions league place, and are above all but 2 of last season’s top 6 teams. Life really ain’t so bad folks.

Could somebody translate this to Latin so we can have it on our club crest please

1 hour ago, honeybradger said:

For me fuchs doesnt cut it as a fullback anymore, centreback only. Said it was 50/50 between him and thomas before the match but we need to be starting thomas instead for the creativity.

Fuchs has always been a left wing back. Most long term fans know that he is ageing and that he and wes have massively slowed up. But most fans also know that Fuchs is probably gone in the summer.

However, considering Fuchs has given his all and that he has been expected to play most games this season so far which wouldn't have been the case with all of the injurys we currently have then I for one can only applaud him. Hes given his all and has shown that even at his stage in life, that he still has what it takes. Thomas does not have the attributes that Fuchs has, far from it.

It drives me mad when our supposed fans attack our most senior players just because of their age. If I have an issue with wes for example then it will be specific and game related, not because he is a "has been"

• Like 1

Does anyone else think that the type of performance tonight and has been at home a lot this season is why we haven't drawn any games?

When we're beat we're well and easily beaten! There's no battling back for a draw, or unlucky not to draw etc it's just black and white.

What did we create tonight, what did their keeper have to do other than a couple of easy takes? What have we done in any of the home games we lost? What did they do, a couple of good chances, scored them both!

If my team is going to lose at home, and I do expect that several times in a season, I expect them to lose because the opposition is a different class and if they're not I expect us to go down at home fighting, so then at least we can we gave everything and we were unlucky. Seen none of that so far!

Once we have our injured players back and if this sort of performance keeps happening serious questions will be asked!

We have done well to cope with injuries, the european games etc but I just expect a hell of a lot more at home, it's not like we've lost at home to liverpool, man city, Chelsea etc. Its west ham, villa, Fulham and Everton. Simply not good enough! Rant over!

Home games are taking a particularly common theme (Brighton being the exception) currently.  Us going a goal down then having the majority of possession without really creating much, the opposition then either getting another one the counter and us huffing and puffing whilst the oppostion get their 2 banks of 4 saying "break us down".  

When we go a goal down, i have no faith that we will equalise at the moment.  When we won the title i had no fear that we wouldnt't score or at least create several chances.  Why don't we have many shots at goal anymore?  Very Frustrating.

8 minutes ago, TWUKO said:

Does anyone else think that the type of performance tonight and has been at home a lot this season is why we haven't drawn any games?

When we're beat we're well and easily beaten! There's no battling back for a draw, or unlucky not to draw etc it's just black and white.

What did we create tonight, what did their keeper have to do other than a couple of easy takes? What have we done in any of the home games we lost? What did they do, a couple of good chances, scored them both!

If my team is going to lose at home, and I do expect that several times in a season, I expect them to lose because the opposition is a different class and if they're not I expect us to go down at home fighting, so then at least we can we gave everything and we were unlucky. Seen none of that so far!

Once we have our injured players back and if this sort of performance keeps happening serious questions will be asked!

We have done well to cope with injuries, the european games etc but I just expect a hell of a lot more at home, it's not like we've lost at home to liverpool, man city, Chelsea etc. Its west ham, villa, Fulham and Everton. Simply not good enough! Rant over!

Couldn't agree more, I posted something similar.  When we concede, i feel deflated because we never look like scoring.