Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Everton Post Match

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

I am genuinely looking forward to the table levelling out and us reverting to the mean so I don't have to read BuT wErE 4Th iN tHe LeAgUe every few posts.

It doesn't ****ing matter! It has no relevance.

You can’t wait for us to slip down the table?

Late contender for the Fan of the year award here.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, goody2028 said:

Would have to agree, thought he was awful tonight 

...played too many games and it has now caught up with him!!!

He has stepped up for us this season and put in a great shift but too many games in a short space of time has taken its toll.

He was struggling late in the first half  and switching to Thomas may have been an alternative but the players who he would have been up against perhaps did not warrant such a risk.

• Like 1

I can live with losing to Everton but the goals we conceded were so shit. The second goal especially. It's become a meme now, how often we concede from set pieces. What other fans have to hide behind their hands each time there's a ****ing corner!!!11 

Ah the Brighton game gave me too much hope. I think realistically we'll finish between 6th to 9th. 

5 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Disappointing, but can’t blame Rodgers for this one, just too many players having a bit of an off day.

...the amount of times this comment is made!!!

I find it strange that the majority of the team pick that particular day to put in a performance such as we saw last night. You would probably have two or three failing to turn up but when its about seven or eight, then there is an issue which encompasses the team and not an individual problem. 

Team tactics, formation or instructions given,  are the factors here and until they are addressed, we will continue to underperform and appear ill-equipped to play at the levels we are capable of.

• Like 1

Sorry late to the thread and probably been said but we have to play Perez at home from the start.  He picks up clever pockets of space and links up play, exactly what you need against the deep block.  Also Ndidi in midfield with big Wes at the back would of given us more drive and allowed JM to get further forward.  I've always admired a left back and Fuchs is a favorite but we should be playing Thomas in front of him at LB.  Gives more options going forward.  Set pieces.... how are we so bad at either end?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Christoph said:

I can live with losing to Everton but the goals we conceded were so shit. The second goal especially. It's become a meme now, how often we concede from set pieces. What other fans have to hide behind their hands each time there's a ****ing corner!!!11 

Ah the Brighton game gave me too much hope. I think realistically we'll finish between 6th to 9th. 

Leeds Utd 

10 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Saying ‘Youri should’ve scored’ is ridiculous. Not just you @goose2010, I’ve seen it posted a few times. It was hardly a sitter. He should’ve got it on target but again, if he hit it as far right as he did left, would’ve been a comfortable save. 

Vardy however should’ve buried his chance and 1-1 there would’ve been a different story. 

We were crap but we played into their hands and they had us beaten as soon as they scored the first. 

Couldn’t understand Rodgers hooking Under as he was our only creative outlet while he was on, even just before he was brought off he looked bright. 

Yeah OK he should have at least hit the target but a player with his capabilities needs to be doing better and I'm sure he would say the same. 

Under was Barnes in flashes were good but in whole both had poor games. 

I don't understand why Barnes especially kept looking to pass inside in the second half. Both full backs were on bookings and he should have been a lot more direct. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Guppy Assist said:

Sorry late to the thread and probably been said but we have to play Perez at home from the start.  He picks up clever pockets of space and links up play, exactly what you need against the deep block.  Also Ndidi in midfield with big Wes at the back would of given us more drive and allowed JM to get further forward.  I've always admired a left back and Fuchs is a favorite but we should be playing Thomas in front of him at LB.  Gives more options going forward.  Set pieces.... how are we so bad at either end?

Yet before and after the European game everyone is yes Barnes, Under, Madders just add in Vardy there’s our best attacking formation, only need to look at the 1st page of the match thread with all the yes’s to see the approval that Rodgers gets it right but as soon as we lose outcome the shoulda, woulda, coulda’s, that’s a general shot not just aimed at this line Guppy.

With regards to defence Ndidi was the right choice but unfortunately at the expense of the midfield, had he played Morgan and Richarlison, iwobi and DCL had run rings around him out would come the shoulda, woulda, coulda’s, was a gamble.

Agree The weak link is Fuchs I’m sad to say and has been most of the season, unfortunately the legs are gone he steps out and can’t get back and is only a tired lunge from conceding a penalty. I know injuries / suspensions have forced him to be played which ok maybe at LCB but shouldn’t be starting over Thomas on the left. With Timmy back now I’d imagine we won’t see Fuchs again this season or next.

And yes the dreaded set piece it’s a bomb scare every time which I think is getting into the heads of the players, Kolo needs to start earning his crust.

Edited by BKLFox
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Christoph said:

It's almost like we've been missing most of our defence for the majority of the season and have no time between matches to actually do any training.

I get it's frustrating but we need to celebrate the victories and take the defeats on the chin. This season would be a nightmare for any team/manager to cope with we're doing pretty well all things considered.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Guppy Assist said:

...I  suppose in our own box, it has to do with Kasper not willing to come off his line!!!

With our zonal marking all the areas are covered to an extent and each defender has his own duties in that instance.

The problem in the opponents box stems from poor and inconsistent deliveries and positions we choose to take up as we seem to make no attempt to vary our approach until recently and should deploy players deep at the back and at the front in order to occupy a defenders attention. Almost like applying the zonal process, but in the opponents box.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Guppy Assist said:

Agree Perez has been playing well and looked sharp when he came on.I know he doesn't score many but are better IMO when he is in the team and his skills are under rated. Under shows flashes of brilliance but overall not sure he does enough and gives the ball away. He was also cutting in rather than stretching the opposition.

We do look lightweight and struggle against powerful teams - the same happened against Villa and West Ham. So Wes in defence and Wilf giving a bit more midfield dominance would have helped. Mendy really struggled and an early booking added to the problem. Tielemans looks mentally and physically drained to me.

I think Ricardo and Castagne will make a big difference. Justin has been excellent but along with Thomas they need to ensure that they get back when needed as well as creating going forward

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...the amount of times this comment is made!!!

I find it strange that the majority of the team pick that particular day to put in a performance such as we saw last night. You would probably have two or three failing to turn up but when its about seven or eight, then there is an issue which encompasses the team and not an individual problem. 

Team tactics, formation or instructions given,  are the factors here and until they are addressed, we will continue to underperform and appear ill-equipped to play at the levels we are capable of.

But tactics don't account for Fofana not getting a shout to leave the ball and not concede a corner; or Justin crossing it behind the advancing striker on at least two occasions; or Schmeichel kicking the ball straight into touch when under no pressure; or Tielemans shooting a mile wide; or Fuchs, (I think it was) pinging a ball at 100mph and expecting Vardy to control it; or all the silly fouls that allowed Everton to waste time; or Maddison failing to beat the first man from his corners.

Where I'd agree is; zonal marking; passing it sideways at the back; ethos of not looking for a forward pass; not playing quick enough; not running at defenders.

It's a mix of poor performances and tactics.

10 minutes ago, Captain... said:

It's almost like we've been missing most of our defence for the majority of the season and have no time between matches to actually do any training.

I get it's frustrating but we need to celebrate the victories and take the defeats on the chin. This season would be a nightmare for any team/manager to cope with we're doing pretty well all things considered.

Indeed we are. When you consider the injuries and the schedule you could argue that Brendan is working miracles. We should be pleased about our position and what we are achieving. 

however, the abject performances against the likes of Fulham, West Ham, Villa, Everton are still not acceptable. The chaos at set pieces is not acceptable. The lack of fight and the mental frailty is not acceptable. 

As fans we should celebrate the good, but we should also be allowed to point out and pick apart the bad. This season there is an opportunity to do something incredible again - qualify for the Chanpions League. We blew it last season. I don’t want to see us blow it again. 

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

I am genuinely looking forward to the table levelling out and us reverting to the mean so I don't have to read BuT wErE 4Th iN tHe LeAgUe every few posts.

It doesn't ****ing matter! It has no relevance.

We finished 5th last season, we're 4th after a third of the season... what do you think our mean is?

We are where we are because those below us are even more inconsistent in terms of results. 

Edited by Babylon